News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Suu demands to know what you are listening to!

Started by Suu, February 28, 2009, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I'm listening to the new Grizzly Bear album, "Veckatimest".

It's actually really good.  Imagine if America (the band that did "Horse With No Name") did Brian Wilson-inspired indie rock.

AFK

Samba del Luna by Craig Chaquico and Russ Freeman

It's like New Age and Jazz all mixed together.  Woo hoo!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Freeky

LMNO

Holy crap. 

There's this project called N.A.S.A.  I already mentioned the Kool Keith/Tom Waits collaboration.

My god, the rest of the album is just as good.

Read it and weep, fuckers

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 14, 2009, 08:01:49 PM
Quote from: Rip City Hustle on December 12, 2009, 09:51:51 PM
my condolences.

one of the best things I ever saw at a concert was when The Mars Volta stopped playing during the 3rd song of their set in a vain attempt to explain that their music was SERIOUSLY SERIOUS and ONLY WIFE-BEATING NASCAR FANS WOULD BE MOSHING TO THEIR SUPER SERIOUS MUSIC SO STOP RIGHT NOW!

about 2 minutes later, a plastic water bottle came flying through the air and hit Cedric Bixler-Zavala in the face, splashing the contents of the water bottle all over him. He stopped playing and uttered a line which will be forever immortal to me:

"What the.....OH FUCK, IT'S PISS!"

They stopped their set and flounced amidst mutterings of "we'll never play here again!"

the kid who was deemed responsible for the piss bottle received a standing ovation from 67,000 people as he was being carried out by security.

And RHCP, who was headlining the festival, came out 45 minutes early rather than leave the fans waiting in between sets, and played their full set plus the extra 45 minutes to make up for Mars Volta's utter lack of ballsack.

all in all, it was glorious.

RCH,
loved At The Drive-In, though.

Roddy Bottum told this story in an interview about a time they (Faith No More) were playing somewhere in South America.  It might've been Columbia, who knows.  Anyway, apparently when they were playing "Epic" some people started throwing water bottles on stage.  Mike Patton being Mike Patton, encouraged it shouting "more bottles" in Spanish.  One apparently was filled with urine.  Mike Patton being Mike Patton, opened the bottle and emptied the contents on top of his head.  But, then again, that's pretty much Patton's schtick.  Mock the audience non-stop. 

and that sort of thing is why I can't stand The Mars Volta and I fucking LOVE Faith No More.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Iason Ouabache

XTC - The Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na8W4Bx1Z1A

I vividly remember seeing this video when I was 13. I don't know why I remember shit like that.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

busta rhymes - Dangerous

I really like that the video features Bill Duke.

East Coast Hustle

Amoral - Mute

seriously, this song might have the single best riff in all of metal.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Pope Pixie Pickle

Wondering Monk

East Coast Hustle