News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Suu demands to know what you are listening to!

Started by Suu, February 28, 2009, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maphdet

I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

President Television

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cait M. R.

President Television

Quote from: Cait M. R. on December 23, 2009, 03:30:52 PM
Scene Kidz - obSCENE

AND FUCK YOU IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SepTSJGPluc

I just don't get it. Please explain to me what appeal, if any, resides in this hopeless cobbling-together of awful genres that you call music.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

MMIX

Steeleye Span - Fighting for Strangers

as chilling as the first time I heard it - shit was that really 33 yrs ago . . . cries quietly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4JOlfgFySo

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cait M. R.

Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on December 23, 2009, 03:39:13 PM
Scene Kidz - obSCENE

I just don't get it. Please explain to me what appeal, if any, resides in this hopeless cobbling-together of awful genres that you call music.

I don't get why you can't accept that this is the sort of thing I like. I'm not doing it to please an arbitrary group of people who I can't even stand being around, I'm doing it because I think it's cool. The same goes for the music. I like this shit. I don't -care- if you get it or not. It's my tastes. Fuck you if you have a problem.

LMNO

Couldn't you at least explain what it is you like about it?

I'm fully aware that music is subjective, but I can explain what I like about every kind of song I listen to.

Cait M. R.

That's not the case with me. I just like most music, period. Very little actually makes me want to listen to something else, and there's only one band I can't stand at all. (FUCK Enter Shikari.)

To be fair, scene music (both this stuff and the more standard Bring Me The Horizon deathcore stuff) does appeal to me more. I couldn't tell you why. brokeNCYDE and Hollywood Undead at least bring together a lot of genres I enjoy, but Scene Kidz is pretty standard crunk with new wallpaper and objectively there's very little that's interesting about A Day To Remember or Bring Me The Horizon. It's just my "thing," so to speak.

bds

The Beatles - Twist And Shout.

Sort of wish I'd grabbed the Stereo remaster box set of The Beatles in 24-bit flac. But, 7.3gb for like 14 albums? Hoooolly shit, needs moar externals.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cait M. R. on December 23, 2009, 04:19:46 PM
Scene Kidz - obSCENE

I don't get why you can't accept that this is the sort of thing I like. I'm not doing it to please an arbitrary group of people who I can't even stand being around, I'm doing it because I think it's cool. The same goes for the music. I like this shit. I don't -care- if you get it or not. It's my tastes. Fuck you if you have a problem.

how is this is a cobbling-together of musical styles btw, it sounds to me like your standard hiphop/rnb with a touch of electroclash, or whatever it's called [i never bothered to recall the names sorry], this has been playing in clubs I did not want to go to for years? or is it relatively new in the USA perhaps?

I was expecting there to be some screaming (like brokeNCYDE) or perhaps a sudden change of genre like they suddenly would switch to Balkan beats* or country?

don't get me wrong btw, there's a lot worse stuff out there. I mean for playing in a club, at least I could dance to this (not my favourite, but if you really want to dance, you gotta dance right)

*oh god I HATE balkan beats
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cait M. R.

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 23, 2009, 05:11:26 PM
Quote from: Cait M. R. on December 23, 2009, 04:19:46 PM
Scene Kidz - obSCENE

how is this is a cobbling-together of musical styles btw, it sounds to me like your standard hiphop/rnb with a touch of electroclash, or whatever it's called [i never bothered to recall the names sorry], this has been playing in clubs I did not want to go to for years? or is it relatively new in the USA perhaps?

It's just a hip-hop subgenre called crunk as done by skinny white kids. Serious, no mixing involved, the guy's just stupid.

Also, yes, it's relatively new here. Have some links to the original european variety?

Jasper

Been revisiting Devo.  Up until recently, my taste wasn't mature enough to appreciate it, but now I'm listening with the right ears for it.

I like "Shout", and "Time out for fun".  :)

Shibboleet The Annihilator