Suu demands to know what you are listening to!

Started by Suu, February 28, 2009, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: LMNO on January 05, 2010, 01:21:05 PM
I think it has something to do with her not actually wanting to enunciate "want your bad romance" in the hook, making it sound like "WAH-YA-BA-RAH-MANS".

Yes. Up to now I thought it was "au jour pour romance" which she does say along the way.

Nast

Santa Maria de la Feira by Devendra Banhart. I normally don't go for this sort of song, but it's really very nice.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Salty

Quote from: Nasturtiums on January 07, 2010, 05:14:21 AM
Santa Maria de la Feira by Devendra Banhart. I normally don't go for this sort of song, but it's really very nice.

I do love Devendra Banhart.

For many reasons, but this being one of the top ones:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-ezaxiKe-Y

Edit: Couldn't fix that sentence.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Nast

Quote from: Alty on January 07, 2010, 05:16:22 AM
Quote from: Nasturtiums on January 07, 2010, 05:14:21 AM

I do love Devendra Banhart.

For many reasons, but this being one of the top ones:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-ezaxiKe-Y

Edit: Couldn't fix that sentence.

Yes, that's the other one of his I like too!
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Brotep

Best of Armand van Helden.  Just got really stupid.  Some song where they keep saying "the witch doctor" over and over again in a funny voice.  It's probably called "the witch doctor".

East Coast Hustle

now, I like alot of electronic music, but the "Best of Arman Van Helden" album got stupid as soon as someone decided to make an album with the "best" of Armand Van Helden on it.

I'm listening to a song called "Luna" by a Portugese metal band called Moonspell who I have known of for a long time and never listened to because their name made me think they would be crappy wiccan metal like Evanescence or Nightwish. It turns out they're fucking dope.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Xooxe

Wisp - Pogonip

I'm going to load it onto my mp3 player to see what it's like listening to while walking on snow and ice.  :)

I love trying out music outside.

Reeducation

Devin Townsend Project - Addicted

This is great for what it is. Pop-Metal!
I am very calm

AFK

Quote from: Frenulum Pendulum on January 08, 2010, 02:51:57 AM
now, I like alot of electronic music, but the "Best of Arman Van Helden" album got stupid as soon as someone decided to make an album with the "best" of Armand Van Helden on it.

I'm listening to a song called "Luna" by a Portugese metal band called Moonspell who I have known of for a long time and never listened to because their name made me think they would be crappy wiccan metal like Evanescence or Nightwish. It turns out they're fucking dope.

Early stuff is good.  Wolfheart and Irreligious.  More death metal than later stuff. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Ascoe

AFK

Quote from: Ascoe on January 08, 2010, 11:56:13 AM
Quote from: Iason Ouabache on January 08, 2010, 05:10:15 AM
Faith No More - Be Aggressive!
hell yeah

What I love about that song is that part of Roddy Bottum's motivation for writing the song was to force Mike Patton to have to sing a song about giving a guy head in front of a live audience.  It's interesting how well a bunch of guys who clearly didn't like each other could gel enough to make some great music. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Ascoe

Triple Zero

Pretty much the only cool thing by Arman van Helden is "The Funk Phenomenon" and then I mean the original that is something like 10 years old, not the "new" 2002 version or whenever he added to much trance synths to a perfectly good club track.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Ascoe