News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Suu demands to know what you are listening to!

Started by Suu, February 28, 2009, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eighteen buddha strike

slothrop23

Wind turbines.

I'm a big fan

eighteen buddha strike

Tonight I got the gangsta mix going, The girlfriend fell asleep watching Star Trek First Contact... and I'm alternating Spaten Optimator with Snake Dog. I'll post songs as I listen to them, until I decide I myself need sleep. In the mean time, I'll mention that things are going well, and I may be playing in a metal band soon with a hurdy-gurdy player... or so my drummer tells me, I'm pumped.

Here it goes:

Celly Cel - Its Going Down
... and so it begins.

Fathed- What Do We Need Today
interlude

Bone Thugz - East 1999
highschool.

Gang Starr - Code of the Streets
gangsta rap is full of life lessons

Eazy E - Neighborhood Snyper
once again, gangsta rap is full of life lessons.

Gravediggaz - Nowhere to Run, Nowhere to Hide
The only thing RZA is missing here is Sparkles.

eighteen buddha strike

Dr.Dooom - Surgery
This entire album is sick... I like Kool Keith, but I think this is easily his best release.

Leaders of the New School - PTA
lol... look at how young Busta Rhymes is... rapping about school. (only made it 30 seconds in before moving on to... )

3rd Bass - Pop Goes the Weasal
"I should've started R.A.P.E."

Jim Carrey - Imposter

The only link I could not resist.
Celly Cel - Pop the Trunk
... classic

E 40 - Tell Me When To Go
"The moon is full, look at the dark clouds."
YES.

westsisde connection - that song... you know, that one
Dear Sir,

You are hereby invited to claim membership in the sovereign nation of gang members.
The benefits of your assocation will include:

invisibility to haters
access to higher quality marijuana
& the promise that you will be well remembered when you are incarcerated

Sincerely,
the westside connection

(I'd would've liked to continue in that vein however, analyzing the lyrics...
those are really the only solid promises made to potential members of the gangsta nation.
Bummer.)

Silkk The Shocker - Murder
"cause I be smokin motherfuckers like Stephen Seagal..."

I wonder if the careers of rappers are analogous to the action stars they choose to emulate...

Wu Tang gets Chinese Opera... Silkk the Shocker gets Stephen Seagal
Which lends itself to the question... who is the Chuck Norris of Rap?

Wu Tang - Gravel Pit
... Because this the closest I can think of to an embarassing moment for Wu Tang...
but its still a fantastic fucking song and video.
you just...

CANT TOUCH THAT

but seriously, I have to wonder what the the creative process on that video was.

Gza: We're going to call this song "Gravel Pit", and we'll make a video where we parody the flintstones
RESULT: BEST VIDEO EVER

Ok... thats it... I cant possibly top Gravel Pit, can I?

Busta Rhymes feat... etc - Pass the Courvoisier
Is that Mr. T?
Why is Hip-Hop culture so ridiculous?
(its a rhetorical question)

Ok, now I feel better. Still, nothing tops Gravel Pit.

Masters of Illusion - Let Me Talk to You
I'm starting to get tired, so I gotta switch gears before I go to bed... nothing tops Gravel Pit (except Trapped in the Closet)
Anyway, Masters of Illusion is classic... and the videos are awesome.

Gza - Life of a Drug Dealer
I know most of you already appreciate GZA, but this one is awesome, and I want to hear it.

Madvillian - Monkey Suit
This is his B.I.P. song... or rather, one of many.

Dr. Octagon (the return of) - Aliens
So the story here is that a bunch of recorded material of Kool Keiths got remixed and released as a new Dr. Octagon album without his permission. Or at least, thats the way I understand it. Jist of it; the album sucks, and this is the video that they used to promote it...its good, the album itself is terrible.

This video was awesome, though. And I digged the Ska theme to the sampling and the whole bit.

Dr Dooom - Housing Authority

Well, since Dr. Dooom2 was basically Keiths way of retaliating against the "return" of Dr. Octagon, and I already posted a song from that album, I'll go with something from the first DOOOM album. This one is dedicated to the place where I live right now, because its in the ghetto, or what passes for one in Lincoln. Its not too hardcore, but I can give you directions to multiple crack acquisition nodes.

Geto Boys - G Code
= K.Y.F.M.S.

Immortal Technique - Bin Laden

of course.

Motion Man - Hold Up ft Biz Markie
This song advertises its funkiness... and delivers funk.
Goood.

dan le sac VS scroobius pip - Thou Shalt Kill
Saw this guy on a talk show about two years ago... I thought it was awesome
Just thought of that now.

the JUST A BAND statement reminds me of TGRR
... but hey, its not a new statement, just common sense

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Cuddlefist on October 23, 2010, 03:53:02 PM
This. Put it on, walk away from your computer, listen to the WHOLE THING. I DARE YOU!

oh wow, good link. 

I haven't heard anything sounding like that in years.  Thanks for the link.

If you like your trance a little on the heavy and darker side, check this:

Oliver Prime - Mind Games (Original Mix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SPhvCbSAis

"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Hanni

Them That Do Nothing by Field Music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JV3dPrR0PY&ob=av2e

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on October 26, 2010, 08:06:32 PM
Quote from: Cuddlefist on October 23, 2010, 03:53:02 PM
This. Put it on, walk away from your computer, listen to the WHOLE THING. I DARE YOU!

oh wow, good link. 

I haven't heard anything sounding like that in years.  Thanks for the link.

If you like your trance a little on the heavy and darker side, check this:

Oliver Prime - Mind Games (Original Mix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SPhvCbSAis

That was pretty cool- I don't think I could sit through the whole track though as I'm not really a trance fan but nice for a change.

Hanni

It just got better... I take it back- I could cope with the full song (so long as it doesn't change too much in the 5ish minutes left)

Disco Pickle

The guest mix podcast by CellDweller on Matt Darey's nocturnal page.

Fucking AMAZING mix..

if anyone is interested, go here:

http://www.mattdarey.com/v3/nocturnal.html

click upper right hand corner (Listen Now)

Should open a separate player with a pull down list and track list.

click on the down arrow, select All Nocturnal Shows

on the list below, scroll to #251-Hour 2, Celldweller Guest Mix. 

the first 5 minutes are kindof meh, after that it's pure ear candy for 1 hour.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Hanni

I'm listening now- still in that first 5 minutes but it's ok

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Hanni on October 27, 2010, 05:50:37 PM
I'm listening now- still in that first 5 minutes but it's ok

my favorite part of this set starts at 10 minutes in.  and there's a BT mix at about 38 minutes in that transitions into one of the baddest ass songs on the set.  Haven't been able to track down the standalone remix track yet but I'm always looking.

Also, that George Acosta mix, #249 is pretty bad ass as well.

Really, Matt Darey's entire podcast list on this site is worth digging through..  there's some real gems in there.  #200 and 250 is on regular rotation while I'm working.

Hanni

I'm about 9 minutes in- sounding pretty good

Generally I don't really listen to Electronic (not sure of the technical genre name) music- but this is good

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Hanni on October 27, 2010, 05:59:48 PM
I'm about 9 minutes in- sounding pretty good

Generally I don't really listen to Electronic (not sure of the technical genre name) music- but this is good

The guy doing the DJ set (and who remixed most of the songs on the set) classifies himself Industrial-Electronic, which is a pretty fitting description of his style.

just wait until about 38 minutes in, the BT remix is excellent, and if you haven't heard the original you should check it out too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDPx9micphM&feature=related

The man is a genius mathematician who became an electronic music producer, If you like this stuff, you'll love him.  I don't think he's ever made even a mediocre song.

Second to last song on the set is a remix of an Adam Lambert song (guy from American Idol) and I never thought I'd like anything he did, but Celldweller gives it a dirty noise treatment and makes it into possibly the best song on the entire set.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Hanni

I have about 3 more minutes left and I am genuinely impressed and more than a little surprised, may have to download some of his songs. Will listen to the youtube link after it's finished.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 27, 2010, 06:49:21 PM
Wait.

This isn't dubstep is it?

god no.

Darey is a trance producer, but has guest DJ's and Producers on for 1 hour of the 2 hour sets he does every week.  The guest DJ's style varies all across the electronic spectrum, but I've never heard a dubstep DJ..  god that shit's depressing.

The set I linked above on Darey's site is Industrial Electronic.