Suu demands to know what you are listening to!

Started by Suu, February 28, 2009, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Hanni on October 27, 2010, 06:49:35 PM
I have about 3 more minutes left and I am genuinely impressed and more than a little surprised, may have to download some of his songs. Will listen to the youtube link after it's finished.

set 250 I believe has a remix of Thom York's - Harrow Down Hill..  already a haunting song, the remix is phenomenal.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Sister_Gothique

I'm the new "God's Will"...Soon it'll be, "Oh, I can't be held accountable for THAT, Sister Gothique made me do it!"

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Hanni

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on October 27, 2010, 06:53:42 PM
I have about 3 more minutes left and I am genuinely impressed and more than a little surprised, may have to download some of his songs. Will listen to the youtube link after it's finished.

set 250 I believe has a remix of Thom York's - Harrow Down Hill..  already a haunting song, the remix is phenomenal.

I've got youtube on- it's a good song, I'll add it to favourites and download at some point.

I'll have a listen to 250 now.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Hanni on October 27, 2010, 06:56:33 PM

set 250 I believe has a remix of Thom York's - Harrow Down Hill..  already a haunting song, the remix is phenomenal.

I've got youtube on- it's a good song, I'll add it to favourites and download at some point.

250 is great, but not the set I thought it was.  200 has the Harrow Down Hill remix @ 34 minutes in.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 27, 2010, 06:56:52 PM
I AM SURROUNDED BY HEATHENS!  :madbanana:

what?
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on October 27, 2010, 07:03:17 PM

250 is great, but not the set I thought it was.  200 has the Harrow Down Hill remix @ 34 minutes in.

I AM SURROUNDED BY HEATHENS!  :madbanana:

what?

HEATHENS!

Techno isn't music.  Megadeath is crap. 

Molon Lube

Hanni

set 250 I believe has a remix of Thom York's - Harrow Down Hill..  already a haunting song, the remix is phenomenal.

Wasn't too keen on 250- gonna skip to the Harrow Down Hill remix- then go back to whatever comes up on itunes shuffle I think.

Doktor Howl

Remixing is a sign that our culture is in its baroque phase. :rogpipe:
Molon Lube

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 27, 2010, 07:04:54 PM

250 is great, but not the set I thought it was.  200 has the Harrow Down Hill remix @ 34 minutes in.

I AM SURROUNDED BY HEATHENS!  :madbanana:

what?

HEATHENS!

Techno isn't music.  Megadeath is crap.  

i'll play.  

"techno" (old people use that to refer to all electronic) has:

instruments (not always analogue, but sometimes)
it  sometimes has lyrics and vocalists.
it has drums (admittedly, most often electronic)
it has stanzas
it has notes
it can be transposed to sheets as sheet music

oh, you meant subjectively

HEY YOU KIDS TURN THAT NOISE DOWN!!!  

[EDIT] not all electronic music is remixed.  Someone has to produce the original song for someone to remix it.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on October 27, 2010, 07:11:59 PM

[EDIT] not all electronic music is remixed.  Someone has to produce the original song for someone to remix it.

Yeah, and anything remixed is derivative crap.

I'm going to have to invoke the Squiddy Rule on the rest of your post.
Molon Lube

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 27, 2010, 07:13:10 PM

[EDIT] not all electronic music is remixed.  Someone has to produce the original song for someone to remix it.

:sadbanana:

Im too n00b to know what the Squiddy rule is.

Doktor Howl

Also, if it isn't "analog", it's not an instrument.  That is all.

Dok,
Was ejected from a Yes concert in 1984 for going berserk at the sight of synthodrums.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on October 27, 2010, 07:14:32 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 27, 2010, 07:13:10 PM

:sadbanana:

Im too n00b to know what the Squiddy rule is.

GIT
OFF
MAH
LAWN!

:gheyforum:
Molon Lube

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 27, 2010, 07:14:50 PM
Also, if it isn't "analog", it's not an instrument.  That is all.

Dok,
Was ejected from a Yes concert in 1984 for going berserk at the sight of synthodrums.

ok, so I have a synthesizer, 66 keys, that you can program every aspect of a sound on.  Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release, frequency, pitch.

While making those sounds makes you a bit more of a programmer of sound, does being able to play that electronic keyboard make anyone less of a musician because the instrument is electronic?