News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

OH, FUCK [DEFINITELY NOT WORK, KID, OR ANYTHING SAFE]

Started by Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell, May 23, 2005, 06:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.N. Other

"Wow, for an asshole, everyone loves you, honey." -My wife

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mal-Zero on August 27, 2008, 03:48:11 AM
Sorry, but the whole thing was too clichéd.

Believe it or not, Chaplain was one of our more amazing users, back in the bad old days.  This was not his best work.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

A.N. Other

Oh, I believe you. I mean, the story is good, but, yeah, cliches can be done well.  Maybe if he used Edmund Barton instead of Lincoln. Not only is it not an overused person, but it would have forced people to look him up, if they cared.
"Wow, for an asshole, everyone loves you, honey." -My wife

Ghoura Agur

Quote from: Sprehhan Boli on February 28, 2009, 06:17:34 AM
Oh, I believe you. I mean, the story is good, but, yeah, cliches can be done well.  Maybe if he used Edmund Barton instead of Lincoln. Not only is it not an overused person, but it would have forced people to look him up, if they cared.

Yes!  So that instead of it being a tired reference to...whatever it was a reference to, it could have been an instrument of growth and knowledge!