News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

Where are we with Intermittens?

Started by Golden Applesauce, March 03, 2009, 01:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden Applesauce

Two quick questions:

1.) Where are we currently on Intermittens?  I know 1 and 2 have been released, and RWHN is finishing up on #3, and 5-8 are started and/or in progress.  But where on 5 through 8 are we?  What do they still need?  And what's already in them, so I don't repeat anyone else's work?

and

2.) How big are the pages going to be when printed?  I was thinking of putting together a cover or full page illustration, and size is important.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Cain

I think #5 still requires suitable articles.

Cramulus

Telarus

Issue One is waiting on a few cosmetic updates (tear-outs, Pirate Passoff, etc, etc, for the back cover... and switching Rodger's Rant at the end to a different one) and then we may try for a Print Release of it.

[[BTW, if anyone would like to nominate a short rant of Rogers for the back inside cover, I can get those modifications finished.]]

Issue 02 is purring in blissful Idle Mode.

RWHN's sounds like he has his issue handled once he catches some free time to work on it.....

#'s 5 - 8 probably need quite a bit of content. At this point, I can offer my layout-consulting services to the Editors of 5 - 8. We can mock up some blank templates, and start thinking about how to layout the pieces you already have. I think Scribus would work best for this, as this would ensure we can all access and muck around with the layout [I did Issue 01 in the Adobe layout app, and the big limiting factor there was the fact that no-one could look at the layout file, and I had to render a PDF for every update].

Still quite stressed about school, ATM.. so anything past consulting will have to wait a bit.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I was thinking about writing an article on concocting fun, if anyone wants that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

intermittens.org is also up and running. Issues 1 and 2 are available in PDF format and once I get text versions of the articles, I will upload the rest of them to the searchable archives. The Article Submission works, it throws an error I haven't had time to track down, but the submission still works. I am in the middle of writing a WTF article to lay out how people can submit new articles etc. (in fact, they can select which Intermittens they want to submit to).

Anyone that is an Editor can create an account and we'll get them set up so they can review new submissions etc.

The site needs better graphics etc and I've only gotten feedback from a couple people... so more feedback would be great too.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Everyone on stumbleupon needs to go to intermittens.org, thumb it up, and tag it thoroughly.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cain

Sheered Völva

I've got threads on how to submit to Intermittens: Operation Mindfuck (issue 7 or whatever it will be) and Ratatosk was good enough to put submission info on the http://intermittens.info site. I'm going to reword it/update it, but for now it's there.

As I've opened up submissions to various Discordian cabals/individuals, I've actually gotten quite a bit of good stuff, but still can use more.

Golden Applesauce

That reminds me, I've been meaning to write up my experiences PosterGASMing my university.  Might as well write it up for publication.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Two Frame Animation on March 05, 2009, 10:30:55 PM
That reminds me, I've been meaning to write up my experiences PosterGASMing my university.  Might as well write it up for publication.

Do it. Submit it. Our team of crack editors will analyze it, and decide what to do with it.