News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

THOUGHTS ON WATCHMEN MOVIE, MOST OF WHICH ARE NOT BY FRED

Started by Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ, March 08, 2009, 04:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Quote from: Z³ on March 15, 2010, 03:42:26 AM
Quote from: Fredamir Putin on March 14, 2010, 11:17:35 PM
Quote from: Thurnez Isa on March 14, 2010, 10:23:23 PM
After reading the comics and seeing the movie a second time I do think that Snyder did actually make a pretty good movie, minus two things. The conversations between Rorschach and the psychiatrist should have been expanded a bit, and I do question his choice of music. Dylan worked in the opening credits (it's the opening credits so who cares), but the rest of the soundtrack was good tunes but was cheesy and distracting as hell. The most successful music in the movie is the ripped Philip Glass soundtrack. Orchestrated minimalism worked perfectly. So that begs the question. Why didn't he just spend the money and get Philip Glass to write the entire soundtrack? or fail that another classical composer. Just imagine that movie with a soundtrack penned by Micheal Nyman. It's instantly that much better.

AGREED
Also;The music is (should be) as much a part of the setting as the scenery, the use of contemporary music in the soundtrack did not fit the setting.
Someone put it really well when they told me, this wasn't music to fit the generation, it was music from all those other movies about their generation. The the most obvious example being ride of the Valkyries for the Viet Nam scene.
Sleepless nights at the chateau