News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

The Rogue Discordian Collection, v 2.0

Started by Cain, March 14, 2009, 01:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder Iptuous

I, too, am curious.
also wondering if anyone has the current Sony reader, and their thoughts?

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Jasper

I think it's high time I started taking skullduggery and other excellent abilities seriously.

Fractal mittens to Cain.

LMNO

PDF -> Kindle is easy.

The only caveat is that it's not very intuitive regarding chapters and formatting and such; it just sort of translates everything into a massive document.

But I'm ok with that, I just use bookmarks to deliniate chapters.

Jasper

Quote from: Iptuous on March 16, 2009, 06:15:38 PM
I, too, am curious.
also wondering if anyone has the current Sony reader, and their thoughts?

I had the original a while back, but I accidentally broke it.

It did great with plaintext, rtf, and greyscaled images, but it never really did pdfs to my liking.

fomenter

i have a Sony 505 and love it, it does have some problems with certain pdf's and i am still looking for the conversion tricks to fix them, but so far i have been able to read W/o converting or convert 98% of the books i have tried.
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Jasper

I notice the list includes "How to be a comedy writer".

This is so damn awesome that I might develop Parkinsons.

Requia ☣

I need a ebook reader now.  Are there actually any that support pdf?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Requia ☣

Damn, lockpicking takes a lot more tools than i thought.

fomenter

Quote from: Requia on March 17, 2009, 12:19:37 AM
I need a ebook reader now.  Are there actually any that support pdf?

i think the 505 is the best for pdf, a lot of pdf are readable W/O any format changes but some are not..

hmroogp

Requia ☣

Hmm, a 505 or 700 looks pretty cool. and I don't hate Sony nearly as much as i do Amazon.  And its built on a Linux code base, so any pdf I can read it should be able to.

Requia ☣

Oh, and it finally gives me an excuse to buy this:

fomenter

Quote from: Requia on March 17, 2009, 02:08:57 AM
Hmm, a 505 or 700 looks pretty cool. and I don't hate Sony nearly as much as i do Amazon.  And its built on a Linux code base, so any pdf I can read it should be able to.
i didn't get a chance to check out the 700 much it may have features that make the upgrade worthwhile

hmroogp

Requia ☣

It seems its only use is a better screen, plus it comes with up to date firmware (the 505 needs to be flashed).  Not really worth the extra 140 dollars imho.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Requia on March 17, 2009, 02:08:57 AM

Why do you hate Amazon?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A