News:

PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

Principles of Discordian Magick

Started by the last yatto, March 17, 2009, 03:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cain

Oh, that's ancient.  I think that was old before I even became a Discordian.

moshpiler

Faust

Thats to break the link. so it doesn't look like people are coming in from this site.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

That One Guy

I remember running across this at the tail end of the BBS days (back in '96?) as I was rummaging around various Discordian things I could find on the web. I remember the only interesting thing is that a Discordian magician should be called a Phool. This made me laugh. That's about it, really.
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Cain

Yeah, I thought that was kind of amusing myself.

the last yatto

was moar that this is twice posted, but didnt include time traveller clause.
at least AD078 didn't include the address
but now i have to track down all these packages
that were sent there, as some of them were classified.
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Triple Zero

Quote from: moshpiler on March 25, 2009, 01:15:26 PM
shouldn't it be http? :?

dont listen to Faust man, it's because teh Really Real Disckordians all use QWERXY keyboard-layouts.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

the last yatto

also makes cut copy and paste funnier.

maybe i should replace j and i. while im at it.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

QuoteI could not find a specific incident where someone received a fax from a departed loved one, but this is one of those claims that I find totally impossible and a good example of how anyone no matter how technical can look at this with a very skeptical eye. You know a fax machine requires a phone line and another fax machine to receive a fax. These machines also have their own language to talk to each other.... So my question is, how could a spirit possibly "recreate" the fax sounds to cause the machine to print out a picture or write any text...

Now that is some fine reasoning right there...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on April 08, 2009, 02:14:27 AM
QuoteI could not find a specific incident where someone received a fax from a departed loved one, but this is one of those claims that I find totally impossible and a good example of how anyone no matter how technical can look at this with a very skeptical eye. You know a fax machine requires a phone line and another fax machine to receive a fax. These machines also have their own language to talk to each other.... So my question is, how could a spirit possibly "recreate" the fax sounds to cause the machine to print out a picture or write any text...

Now that is some fine reasoning right there...

THEY JUST WHISTLE INTO THE PHONE.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Requia ☣

Quote from: That One Guy on March 25, 2009, 05:53:04 PM
I remember running across this at the tail end of the BBS days (back in '96?) as I was rummaging around various Discordian things I could find on the web. I remember the only interesting thing is that a Discordian magician should be called a Phool. This made me laugh. That's about it, really.

By setting up a dead mans switch on the fax machine while still alive, just for lulz.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.