News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

The Fat Eris Cook book

Started by Pariah, March 20, 2009, 11:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pariah

Quote from: Cramulus on March 20, 2009, 07:31:31 PM
Project Idea:

The Fat Eris Cook Book

the spags of the recipie forum all post their favorite dishes, with pictures.

once we have 15 or 20, we throw it in a book and hit print

book can also contain advice, anecdotes, and straight-up pranks that will make you think you're making some sauce, but it really turns the whole meal bright green

and your urine purple

or, you know, set your kitchen on fire
As suggested by Cram.
I'm getting a start on it. All I need is for you folks to Post your favorite recipes from this site. That simple
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I posted a bunch in the pointless thread that has no real cohesiveness.

The problem with my recipes, though, is that the measurements aren't exact and my instructions are for shit.

Great cookbook idea though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BADGE OF HONOR

I have an entire thread devoted to recipes that nobody reads.   :argh!:
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I read it! I just never have anything to say.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BADGE OF HONOR

It's probably because I don't post pictures.  Someday I will have a camera...
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Rumckle

eh, just sketch pictures of what you're making in MSP.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Richter

There are only so many times it seems sensible to type  "That sounds good / tasty".

Also, if you need a pranks recipe try the Cement Mixer.
When serving someone a shot of liquor as an appertif, or when at a bar, if you want to punish someone, present them a shot of lemon juice, and then a shot of Baileys in quick succession.  It will curdle in their mouth.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Pariah

Cramulus

What do you think would be the best way to organize this thing?

by complexity / difficulty?

Breakfast / Lunch / Snacks / Dinner / Desert?

maybe by theme? (spicy, sweet, salty, etc)

a section for each of the five Basic Elements: sweet, boom, pungent, prickle, and orange?

maybe we could pick a theme for the book like "hosting a dinner party for crazy people", and the book contains recipies, hokey activities, and some original party games?

Pariah

Maybe the title could be arranged like Dr. Stranglove.
Like "The Fat Eris Cook Book: or How to Host a Dinner Party for Crazy People

Jenne

It's a totally winnable idea, very kosher, a la Cram.  I likey.

And Badges, wtf? your fread is read often, pix or no.

East Coast Hustle

any recipes I have posted are ABSOLUTELY and UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES to be used for this project, or any other, nor is my name, alias, or anything else even remotely related to me.

it sounds like a fun project and I wish you all the luck, but I have a professional culinary reputation to worry about.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cramulus

that's totally legit. And we're going to have to be really careful about putting (c) recipes in there.

Richter

That could be a daunting thing to check.  Hard to tell if one person's "Good cookies" are in fact, a perfect copy of "Betty Crocker's Perfectly Perfect Oatmeal Cookies of White Picket Fence"

The Fat Eris Cookbook, Augmented Lithograph, could catch some flak if they catch on.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Triple Zero

Dirtytime, too bad, but totally understandable.

Richter, I'm not entirely sure about that, there's more copyright about a recipe than just the list of ingredients, there's the way you prepare it, the way you explain  that, and any pictures you attach to it. If those happen to be identical enough to some existing recipe to raise any copyright questions, it's probably because the recipe was really basic in the first place and can only be prepared in so many ways.
Copyright only protects a work for copying and spreading and publicizing and such. If somebody happens to come up with a very similar piece of work by themselves, copyright does not protect the "original" author from that, as long as can reasonably be assumed there hasnt been any actual copying involved. To protect a novel idea from being used by others, regardless of whether they came up with it themselves, they invented patents. Which are quite a different beast from copyrights. I wouldnt worry about patented recipes though.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.