News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

The rich eat first

Started by Sepia, March 15, 2009, 07:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sepia

"I got the spirit
but loose the feeling" - Joy Division

We'd wish we were in bonds, we wish there were chains across our necks and up our backs. We'd wish there were political doctrines that told us what we could or couldn't do and everyone who ever read 1984 is dreaming of that world. The simplicity and the elegance is what we want, the bad gin and the unhappiness we can find is what we want for at least then, we'd have a reason to sulk every day, we'd have a reason to whine every chance we got and most importantly, what made us unhappy couldn't be pinned on us.

When the first suit hit the pavement on wall street, sighs of delight went across the globe. We knew that when the new country crashed, so would we and we could point our fingers, ladled in fat from our microwave dinners at the tv screens and every hick in every country in the world would smile and be satisfied, they'd fuck that night for the first time in ages, not counting any attempts of domestic rape but they'd fuck good, like after a fight or like the day after their honeymoon started.

Now, my friends, your fingers are pointing. Somewhere. I congratulate you, I congratulate every conservative shitfucker and every radical shitfucker and every shitfucker standing in the middle, fiddling with your thumbs and your children, you've managed to form an opinion. Yes, it was forcefed and yes, the only thing you really had to do was to lay your spork down and raise your arm enough to form an almost horizontal line against the new azathoth but you managed and my god, it only took an international economic crisis to do it.

Lately, I've been thinking about my hobbies, my interests. It came one moment when a dear friend of mine got bitten by a severe case of feminism and while I support the cause, always have and always will as I'm having difficulties seeing the relevance of sexes in the terms of politics, religion or whatever else you can cram that shit into, those who have just found a light are usually more zealous and have more to prove as it's a new thing to them and they're unsure on how everyone else will react to it.

We discussed feminism, to and fro over a few bottles of port and when we reached the somewhat same conclusions, she asked me to join their little movement and I said no thank you, but politics like that aren't what I'd like to spend my time on. Politics aren't really interesting and she asked me why not and I replied that I'd rather be interested in religion as the people there are usually more interesting and religion aren't usually based off of cooperation, religion is based off of the individual. The way I see it of course.
We had the standard argument one has when one encounters someone that is completely disinterested in the game and the mechanics of politik and while I've had that argument with many people over the years, this was the first time I was on the other side of the fence and frankly, it was amusing.

"You have to be interested in politics, it's everywhere you look and in everything you do"

Yeah. So is soccer with the season coming closer, every newspaper filled with athletes that coughed yesterday at 15:37, commercials are more visible now than the meanings and feelings of the ordinary man in the street, the various aspects of the economic crisis is everywhere, the weather is everywhere, religion is everywhere, good people are everywhere, shitfuckers are everywhere, religion is everywhere. Everything is everywhere. They said it best those old men, as above so below.

My biggest problem with politics is that it depends on people to cooperate to create a better society and this could have worked if enough were into BDSM and a handful of people were dominant while the rest were submissive but from what I see as I read the "news" to see what's going on in the world, permeated by the "politics" I have this feeling that begins to build in my stomach to paint my face white with big red lips, to dye my hair green and dress in a purple suit and see the world burn.
Everyone will always be too late

The Good Reverend Roger

And THAT, my friends, is how it's done downtown.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

rong

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 15, 2009, 07:06:41 PM

bill murray, ghostbusters?
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: rong on March 15, 2009, 07:27:47 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 15, 2009, 07:06:41 PM

bill murray, ghostbusters?

Boss Tweed.  Not everything ORIGINATES in a movie.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

:mittens: to thee
particularly for the comparison between social hierarchy and bdsm  :lol:

Honey

You are an incredible writer!  I am enamored by your style, captivated by your substance, the essence of which (to me) is musically lyrical, like a fugue of sorts?  When you point towards the moon, I see the moon & not the finger pointing.  I don't know HOW you do that?  Thanks & respect.   :)   
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

Dysfunctional Cunt

Fuck that was beautiful!!!

Absolutely beautiful! 

:mittens:

Template

Quote from: Cramulus on March 15, 2009, 08:00:04 PM

It's not funny.  I can't even horrormirth about it, nor recoil in horror.

Governance needs insight and constructive creativity.  Real political processes favor stricture, involuntary filtering of information, flaccid compromises, haphazard overwriting of existing structures.

Sepia

:thanks:

No idea how it happens, just fingers striking keys.
Everyone will always be too late

Cramulus

Quote from: yhnmzw on March 18, 2009, 08:55:54 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on March 15, 2009, 08:00:04 PM

It's not funny.  I can't even horrormirth about it, nor recoil in horror.

Governance needs insight and constructive creativity.  Real political processes favor stricture, involuntary filtering of information, flaccid compromises, haphazard overwriting of existing structures.

To me, the important thing about the BDSM metaphor is that BDSM is consensual - if we're slaves it's because we've accepted the narrative and are acting like slaves. It's a role we're playing by giving our Dom attention.

Last night while I was drunkenly wandering around, my friends would object to some asinine behavior "because there are video cameras right there." So fucking what? It's a closed circuit camera and nobody's watching. Nobody's even gonna review the tape. And even if they do, so what? You're the one restricting your freedom, not that camera.

Minutes later we were throwing trash cans against one another and laughing like total assholes.

Cainad (dec.)

Jenne

I love the reference at the end!  LOVE it as usual, Sepia!