News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

So I've been gone for a little over a week and...

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 22, 2009, 12:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OPTIMUS PINECONE

Quote from: Dirtytime on March 22, 2009, 12:40:01 PM
I don't know if it's a recent development or if it just required a more removed perspective to see, but...

this place seems to be turning into a den of militant moral relativism. If I had thought for one minute that PD.com would turn into a giant circle-jerk of self-justification and rampant apologia for some of humanity's most reprehensible behavior (under the guise of "protecting the rights" of those who would seek to strip the rights of anyone different from themselves), I would have nuked it from orbit the minute I acquired it. As that is clearly no longer a reasonable or fair response, I'm gonna take my leave of this place for a while.

If for any reason it becomes necessary for me to step into a phone booth and put on my "THE MGT" costume, a few of you know how to reach me IRL.

peace out, spags.

Not only do my sides hurt from laughing so hard, but my knee is sore, from this, the most knee slappingest funny thread of March, the greatest month ever. IRL, I'm too cool for rock n roll.
"Sincere thought, real free thought, ready, in the name of superhuman authority or of humble common sense, to question the basis of what is officially taught and generally accepted, is less and less likely to thrive. It is, we repeat, by far easier to enslave a literate people than an illiterate one, strange as this may seem at first sight. And the enslavement is more likely to be lasting."   -Savitri Devi

"Great men of action... never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job, and at times they all are"   -Oswald Mosley

Dysnomia

I haven't noticed anything different going on, but I've mostly been staying in pm's, and a couple threads.  I haven't really looked at the rest of the board or been on IRC since honestly...I'm bored, and sick of all the drama that goes around every couple weeks.  But whatever, it's kinda nice having a social life again.
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Triple Zero

Quote from: Fred Noodle on March 23, 2009, 04:44:20 AM
blah blah blah fred's opinion blah blah

OMG FRED HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT

(i mean, we all knew it, but ...)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Messier Undertree

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

I think I need a week off from the forum or something, in order to come to terms with what Fred just said. Damn.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

LMNO

Is this referring to the threads about Mental Pedophelia, and defining rape as consent when you're not really into it?

Because, I think we already called bullshit on those two ideas.

Just saying.

Cramulus

oh my god, we're finally rid of TGRR and ECH!  :monkeydance:

We just need to get the remaining mods to flounce and we can live in a utopia of moral relativism and backbiting.

this thread reminds me of what they say of weather in New England (and many other places)
If you don't like it, wait 20 minutes... it'll change.

hah

AFK

Hey someone make me a mod.  If people act out I'll be like Hugh and edit their posts, replacing them with horrible, horrible jokes or pictures of Andy Rooney. 

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cramulus on March 23, 2009, 01:47:22 PM
We just need to get the remaining mods to flounce

do i count as a mod :?

i hardly ever mod anything, can i play? :aww:

Quotewe can live in a utopia of moral relativism and backbiting.

cool, apparently we already have the moral relativism and the backbiting, all we need now is a utopia.

... know where to get any?

Dr Goofy

Something always happens when I am gone for a bit so I just ignore it and act like I never left.

Faust

I find myself reading more and more of or kill me now that apple talk is barely readable, which is a good thing IMHO.
Apple talk; "Find out what colour is the shit of that guy from metallica."
apple talk; "Plane crash in graveyard, spooky eristic connection?"
apple talk; "Jade Goody, were better then this shit but lets get this thread to ten pages anyway"

Seems like the place was hollowed out after the DK bullshit and in its place is weak copy and pastes from the tabloids.
What I want to know is what happened? why is everyone who was here before the dk stuff suddenly a wallflower?
Is everyone just waiting for the next moron whipping boy to come along so they will be something to talk about?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

AFK

What are we supposed to be talking about in Apple Talk?  Just curious. 

Faust

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 23, 2009, 02:35:06 PM
What are we supposed to be talking about in Apple Talk?  Just curious. 
anything at all, including complaining about apple talk

EDIT: Especially complaining about apple talk
Sleepless nights at the chateau