News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

ATTN: SCOTTISH SPAGS (and Mad Scientists)

Started by AFK, July 23, 2010, 01:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

What is this new devilry? 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38376048/ns/us_news-weird_news/

It's 55 percent and wrapped in roadkill, is this the world's most 'shocking' beer?
Bodies of squirrels, weasels and a hare used to package ale costing $765 a bottle

You'd expect a lot from a bottle of beer costing $765. What you get is 55 percent alcohol — and served in a squirrel.

According to Scottish firm BrewDog, "The End of History" is the "strongest, most expensive and most shocking beer in the world."

Just 12 bottles were made and the company has already sold out. They will be shipped out to buyers in the United States, Canada, Italy, Denmark, Scotland and England next week.

The dead animals which were used to create the beers' unusual appearance were four squirrels, seven weasels and a hare. All were roadkill, James Watt, co-founder of BrewDog, told msnbc.com.

The name of the blond Belgian ale is taken from the title of a book by philosopher Francis Fukuyama, "The End of History and the Last Man" which the company said had been chosen to imply "this is to beer what democracy is to history."

Watt said the beer should be treated with care when drinking.

"It tastes more like a whisky and you have got to handle it in that way as opposed to the way you would handle a normal beer," he told msnbc.com.

It contains juniper berries and nettles, and its taste, Watt said, has hints of cinnamon, orange and an "American hops flavor."

He said this was the last in a series of high-strength beers that the company had produced and there were no plans to go higher.

This fills me with awe, horror, and puzzlement. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Payne

Brew Dog are basically just mad bastards. Everything they do is somewhat insane. They also tend to go out of their way to court controversy with pretty much every product they make.

IIRC, they are even further north than I am. I think the vertigo has done something to their brains...

Suu

Aren't they the guys that do Tactical Nuclear Penguin?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

The strength of the beer is one thing.

But I dunno, I think it would be a bit creepy to be relaxing in my easy chair at night, enjoying an adult beverage that comes from the gullet of a weasel or squirrel.  The pictures are kind of creepy. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Dysfunctional Cunt

EWWWW!!

Not much else I can say.  That is really gross and I would have to seriously wonder as much about the people who bought the stuff as the ones who made it!!

Jasper

Nephew Twiddleton

Suddenly I have a new dimension of understanding why my Irish father was embarrassed when my American mother revealed to his parents that she was of partial Scottish descent.

Roadkill factor aside, it sounds like a tasty beer.

Too bad I am opposed to the idea of literally pissing away $765 in one sitting (if I had that to spare to begin with).
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Rumckle

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on July 24, 2010, 01:56:04 AM

Too bad I am opposed to the idea of literally pissing away $765 in one sitting (if I had that to spare to begin with).

Just keep a bottle around for the odd hare of the dog.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.