News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Some sort of dick waving contest or something, I dunno. Suggestions for title?

Started by hunter s.durden, March 21, 2009, 05:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: fomenter on March 23, 2009, 06:59:39 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 23, 2009, 06:34:45 PM
Quote from: fomenter on March 23, 2009, 06:26:36 PM
ATTENTION WHORES vs E PENIS the ultimate smack down

What about people who go both ways?

you can either be an attention whore or have e penis, but according to the laws of quantum mechanics you cant be both at the same time

Fuck you look at my post count!!!!  LOOK AT IT!!!   :lol:
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

This is a silly thread, full of silly fighting and silly words... camwhores, fuckholes, e-penis?

At least you could come up with something creative, rather than just spewing the shit that 4chan and /b robots can spit out on cue. Attention Whoring?! HOLY FUCKING SEVEN LEGGED JESUS! THIS IS DISCORDIA WE ARE ALL FUCKING ATTENTION WHORES (From Omar, to Bob, to Every last MOTHERFUCKER HERE)... worse yet, this is PD.com filled with Attention Whores that far outweigh mosbunal of the regular Pineal Fodder I see on MySpace, 23AE and any other random discordian sink holes.

Many of our pranks or GASMs are acts of attention whoring. Read through discussions and see how many include "And we should have a link back to this forum" or something similar. Intermittens, BiP and ANY other self-published bit of fap is attention whoring... look at all those names of PD forumites listed as 'Author'. Think about how many n00bs show up and say "Gosh, Rev Roger, I really loved reading your rants on ....." or "Ratatosk, that was a cool poem!"

The average MySpace Discordian... has their MySpace page... and maybe some silly post here or there. However, with the occasional exception of Discordians like Uncle BadTouch, how many have been such Attention Whores as to redefine or restate Discordia on their own personal terms, then think so highly of the shit that they attempt to spread it?

I have no problem being an attention whore, I like it. Most people on this planet are boring assholes, who think 'fun' is drinking their brains into a stupor while watching Steve Wozniak desperately try to whore for attention through ballroom dancing. I don't like those people, I find them boring and often boorish. If people are going to stand on a box and demand attention, then I expect them to be interesting. Most Discordians here, tend to be interesting. I personally  think Lys is generally one of the more interesting people around here. If he wants to brag a bit about how much he gets laid, GOOD FOR HIM. I would rather read that thread than a thread whining about how Lys is a meanie cause he brags about getting laid.

Hell, even Roger's grown on me... and while he may threaten to behead me... He's an Attention Whore too. You don't get to be a Mexican Rain God, renowned for shitting hate in regular rants without being an attention whore.

And there is not a goddess blessed thing wrong with being an attention whore. So jump in and whore away with the rest of us... unless you're a boring piece of shit that has no creative thoughts.. in which case, just fuck off.

Ratatosk "Pay Attention Bitches... I AM THE FUCKING", Squirrel of Discord
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Lyris_Nymphetamine

Quote from: Malachite on March 22, 2009, 06:05:09 PM
I also got the pictures of some skinny girlyman with fat chicks in bars and at scientology protests.

I can't get my palm off of my face now. It's like it's stuck there or something.

Skinny girlyman and fat chicks in bars?
Now, where are these tits?

'nuff said me thinks.

the dreadful hours

Cain

Hi.

I'd like to remind everyone I'm on the internet and I'm important.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: the dreadful hours on March 23, 2009, 07:25:55 PM
Quote from: LMNO on March 23, 2009, 07:16:29 PM
You're such a liar.

No one has ever liked your poems.

i like them

Flattery will get you everywhere.

Quote from: Cain on March 23, 2009, 07:27:47 PM
Hi.

I'd like to remind everyone I'm on the internet and I'm important.

Oh yeah, sorry if I forgot to include you in my rant... YOU ATTENTION WHORE!!  :lulz:

Cramulus

outta the way everybody, I'm first in line to suck cain's e-peen!

:a2m:   <---- accurate diagram of any e-penis

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 23, 2009, 05:16:20 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 23, 2009, 05:00:40 PM
Quote from: fomenter on March 22, 2009, 05:09:24 PM
i knew a lot of important things about everything when i was in my twenties. :kingmeh:

I think stupidity peaks at around 23. Not because of any Discordian connection, but simply through observation of myself and my peers through that age range. It was a perfect storm of enough education and experience to believe I'd gotten it all figured out, combined with not enough education and experience to realize how little I had figured out. Arrogance + ignorance = hubris.

When I was somewhere between 24-25 it started to dawn on me how little I really knew, and I was ashamed.

Current brain research suggests that this is approximately when the brain stops it's development, or pruning, phase.  So that sounds about right.  From a brain development perspective, adolescence is really pretty much the ages of 13-23. 

No shit? I'm gratified that science backs up my silly little observation!  :)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Yes, and from what I've been told, the expectation is that eventually they'll be able to say that brain development actually continues into possibly the early 30s.  Or at least, that's what some egg-head said at a conference I attended.  Who knows. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 23, 2009, 07:09:26 PM
Quote from: fomenter on March 23, 2009, 06:59:39 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 23, 2009, 06:34:45 PM
Quote from: fomenter on March 23, 2009, 06:26:36 PM
ATTENTION WHORES vs E PENIS the ultimate smack down

What about people who go both ways?

you can either be an attention whore or have e penis, but according to the laws of quantum mechanics you cant be both at the same time

Fuck you look at my post count!!!!  LOOK AT IT!!!   :lol:

...aaaand gaining.

For the record, I like Lysergic and I like Hunter. This has been pretty entertaining. I actually like pretty much everyone here, actually... there's only one person on the board that I really can't stand.

Lys is young, full of himself, and really hung up on sex, but I think he does mean well.

Hunter is acerbic, cynical and quick-witted.

I enjoy reading both of their posts.

BTW I don't see Suu attention-whoring as much as going through a really hard time and trying to both distract herself (putting herself out here on the board means she has a reason to come back and check for replies - something to look forward to, however small) and maybe get some human validation in the process. It helped me in the same way. It still is, really.

And now I have one post more than I did before.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 23, 2009, 08:09:51 PM
Yes, and from what I've been told, the expectation is that eventually they'll be able to say that brain development actually continues into possibly the early 30s.  Or at least, that's what some egg-head said at a conference I attended.  Who knows. 

That's really interesting... I might have to try to dig up more stuff about it to read.

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Cain

Hunter, it would abusing my powers to do this, so when you next check this thread, can you edit it so that it carries the name "mutual forum bukkake"?

TIA.