News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

Some sort of dick waving contest or something, I dunno. Suggestions for title?

Started by hunter s.durden, March 21, 2009, 05:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Speaking as a woman on PD...

I wasn't at all offended at what Lys wanted to discuss and I think arguing over this is stupid. It was an honest question, and it got blown out of proportion. Let's get over it and move on. Kthx.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

hunter s.durden

DONNIE, YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT!

Seriously, what the fuck are you talking about?
This space for rent.

Suu

This shit all started when he started his orgasm thread. He wanted answers, we gave him answers, and you assumed that he had different motives. Now we have spinoff threads of this bullshit left and right.

You may now return to your sausage fest.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

hunter s.durden

This actually had nothing to do with women. I'm sure you weren't offended, as there was nothing for you to be offended by. Your thread is still there if you want to go talk about your vagina.
Thanks, though.
This space for rent.

Kai

Quote from: Lysergic on March 22, 2009, 06:29:23 PM
No, wait guys, I've got a better solution to all this bullshit.

I'm going.

Cya All.

I've got a life to live.

Good luck with everything.

Hunters right, I'm a self-serving douchebag who's trying to steal all his women, and I've got nothing to contribute to this board, I don't know anything, I'm a fucking moron who doesn't know what hes talking about and have self-esteem issues and I've never been with a woman in my life and I'm try hard moron.

Cya all later.

Hunter, you win, you're right, I'll leave you alone, you obviously own this board and I'm an over sensitive moron.

Cya.

(inb4 butthurt)

Not butthurt.

if you get this, don't be a stranger round IRC.

respect
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Messier Undertree

Quote from: Suu on March 22, 2009, 07:33:55 PM
This shit all started when he started his orgasm thread. He wanted answers, we gave him answers, and you assumed that he had different motives. Now we have spinoff threads of this bullshit left and right.

Naw. He's a pretentious fuck who thinks he's qualified to teach us "sexually repressed virgins" about women.

And even if he has been okay at times, I'm not going to hesitate to call him out on that.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Lys may have been a bit pretentious but he's still ok in my book.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Kai on March 22, 2009, 07:39:31 PM
Not butthurt.

if you get this, don't be a stranger round IRC.

respect

Jesus Christ, the guy needed a nap, he's not moving to Tibet. I'm sure he'll be back in the 9 or so hours he promised.
This space for rent.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Lysergic on March 22, 2009, 04:56:04 PM
I do do some pretty fucking dumb things sometimes, and I learn from them.

To quote some fuck that I don't like but will have to agree with for the sake of this arguement: Life is a lesson, you learn it when its through.

This is true of everyone. It's really incredibly naive to believe that you are somehow specially equipped to "help" everyone. There is no panacaea.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

fomenter

Quote from: Nigel on March 23, 2009, 04:52:24 PM
Quote from: Lysergic on March 22, 2009, 04:56:04 PM
I do do some pretty fucking dumb things sometimes, and I learn from them.

To quote some fuck that I don't like but will have to agree with for the sake of this arguement: Life is a lesson, you learn it when its through.

This is true of everyone. It's really incredibly naive to believe that you are somehow specially equipped to "help" everyone. There is no panacaea.

when i was in my early twenties i new how to solve all the worlds problems and had insightful answers to any question.
unfortunately this is a super power that fades with age an experience.

so if you need help ask him anything

quick before his powers fade
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: fomenter on March 22, 2009, 05:09:24 PM
i knew a lot of important things about everything when i was in my twenties. :kingmeh:

I think stupidity peaks at around 23. Not because of any Discordian connection, but simply through observation of myself and my peers through that age range. It was a perfect storm of enough education and experience to believe I'd gotten it all figured out, combined with not enough education and experience to realize how little I had figured out. Arrogance + ignorance = hubris.

When I was somewhere between 24-25 it started to dawn on me how little I really knew, and I was ashamed.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Richter

Every year out of 18 I've felt a bit more stable, a bit more grounded and less caught up in the BS I always wanted to dismiss. 
Call me detatched / aloof / arrogant, but aging has been worth it.  If I was 18 again, I'd be back in the same 18 hormone brain, with only a few extra ideas on how to run it.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Thurnez Isa

Males burn through stupidy quicker, usually in teens

problem is when we do that starts our dick waving contest phase
and judging by world affairs and foreign policy that shit never ends
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

hooplala

Holy fucking shit.  Damn.  I liked this place a helluva lot better before Hunter came back to reinstate his Attitude™ which now -frankly- seems waaaay forced.  PD has a lot of attention whores much worse than Lys... maybe its a gender thing?

Anyway... this thread actually made me feel dirty while merely skimming it... I think I need a BIG break from PD.  Ciao.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

AFK

Quote from: Nigel on March 23, 2009, 05:00:40 PM
Quote from: fomenter on March 22, 2009, 05:09:24 PM
i knew a lot of important things about everything when i was in my twenties. :kingmeh:

I think stupidity peaks at around 23. Not because of any Discordian connection, but simply through observation of myself and my peers through that age range. It was a perfect storm of enough education and experience to believe I'd gotten it all figured out, combined with not enough education and experience to realize how little I had figured out. Arrogance + ignorance = hubris.

When I was somewhere between 24-25 it started to dawn on me how little I really knew, and I was ashamed.

Current brain research suggests that this is approximately when the brain stops it's development, or pruning, phase.  So that sounds about right.  From a brain development perspective, adolescence is really pretty much the ages of 13-23. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.