News:

Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

Some sort of dick waving contest or something, I dunno. Suggestions for title?

Started by hunter s.durden, March 21, 2009, 05:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dark Monk

I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

Lyris_Nymphetamine

The Dark Monk

I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

hooplala

Quote from: hunter s.durden on March 23, 2009, 08:29:42 PM
Quote from: Dr Hoopla on March 23, 2009, 06:15:33 PM
The reason I didn't "call out" the person I was referring to as a bigger attention whore was because, unlike you, their behaviour didn't cause me to froth at the mouth out of pure rage.  Yes, I consider Suu the biggest attention whore on this forum, but it doesn't ruin my day or cause me to loathe her.  I like Suu, I just don't care for the constant barrage of pics, no big deal.  I don't personally find it necessary to point out every single thing that annoys me. But I certainly would place her above Lys if I were to make a list. 
I do happen to feel the need to point out every little thing that bothers me. I did froth at the mouth with rage. It did cause me top loathe him. I find Lys far more self promoting than Suu ever was. My "whore" list is different. I'm comfortable with all of this. I don't feel the need to conform to your obviously superior standards. You see me as an asshole with an itchy flame finger; I think you are a coward. Are you going to prove me wrong by playing my game?

If I'm such an asshole just Pledge me. This is ridiculous. You people know how to deal with shit stirrers. Pledge me right off of this fucking board. Anyone who posted in here hoping to end this is a fucking idiot, and you should feel like an asshole. You can't end a flame war with flames.

Do you think I'm going to apologize? Are you hoping you'll craft a post so striking I flee from the board? You can't do it. You don't have the conviction. I live to argue, that's why I come here. Why would I turn tail just when things are good? My tiff with Lys was about 15 post. 15. And look at this gigantic thread, all devoted to me.

Here it is:
You want the truth?
You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has forums. And those forums have to be guarded by men with balls. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Dr. Hoopla? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lysergic and you curse the Trolls. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Lysergic's browbeating, while tragic, probably saved intrigue. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves intrigue...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like flame, troll, pwn...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very lulz I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a keyboard and post a flame. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

So stop riding the fence. Call Lys an asshole, call me an asshole, or Pledge me. But don't act high and mighty and pretend you don't want to e-sword fight or at least see one. Because if you didn't, you wouldn't. You knew what was going to happen when you looked into this thread. There's a lot of faces I don't see in here and I'm guessing it's because they know what the fuck is up.

BTW Hoops, I remember long periods without you. Post something memorable and that might change.

You mean memorable posts like "Fuck off noob"?  Why the fuck didn't I think of that?  Your audacious originality blows me away.  Do you even have other posts?  It's a fairly small corner you've painted yourself into over the years...

I've argued with GITM, ECH, LMNO, Roger, Cain, Aini, Net and Mal over the years without quaking with fear and they ALL trump you, Hunter, so don't believe for a second that you have me worried about being able to hold my own with you verbally.  Apparently my post DID hit you close to home or you wouldn't be responding Kanye West style to me.

Claiming that I somehow "rise and sleep" under the blanket of your lulz is so beyond batshit insane that I don't know where to begin.  
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Bruno

Formerly something else...

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Dr Hoopla on March 23, 2009, 08:47:29 PM
You mean memorable posts like "Fuck off noob"?  Why the fuck didn't I think of that?  Your audacious originality blows me away.  Do you even have other posts?  It's a fairly small corner you've painted yourself into over the years...

I've argued with GITM, ECH, LMNO, Roger, Cain, Aini, Net and Mal over the years without quaking with fear and they ALL trump you, Hunter, so don't believe for a second that you have me worried about being able to hold my own with you verbally.  Apparently my post DID hit you close to home or you wouldn't be responding Kanye West style to me.

Claiming that I somehow "rise and sleep" under the blanket of your lulz is so beyond batshit insane that I don't know where to begin.  

1. See, you remember me.

2. What is this "quaking in fear" bit? Are people scared of internet posts? And how did you "hit close to home?" You commented at me, asshole, was I supposed to ignore it? I guess if the fact that I actually responded is some sort of moral victory, congrats, you got me. Please elaborate on that whole paragraph.

3.  :lulz: Did you miss the reference?
This space for rent.

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

hooplala

Quote from: hunter s.durden on March 23, 2009, 09:00:24 PM
Quote from: Dr Hoopla on March 23, 2009, 08:47:29 PM
You mean memorable posts like "Fuck off noob"?  Why the fuck didn't I think of that?  Your audacious originality blows me away.  Do you even have other posts?  It's a fairly small corner you've painted yourself into over the years...

I've argued with GITM, ECH, LMNO, Roger, Cain, Aini, Net and Mal over the years without quaking with fear and they ALL trump you, Hunter, so don't believe for a second that you have me worried about being able to hold my own with you verbally.  Apparently my post DID hit you close to home or you wouldn't be responding Kanye West style to me.

1. See, you remember me.

2. What is this "quaking in fear" bit? Are people scared of internet posts? And how did you "hit close to home?" You commented at me, asshole, was I supposed to ignore it? I guess if the fact that I actually responded is some sort of moral victory, congrats, you got me. Please elaborate on that whole paragraph.

3.  :lulz: Did you miss the reference?

I got the reference, but I'm still wondering why you thought that speech was relevant to any of this...

For the record, I never claimed to not remember you... that was you.  To me.  I remember you very well.  Well enough to point out that you are now caricaturing yourself.  If that's what greases your monkey, knock yourself out.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Dr Hoopla on March 23, 2009, 09:05:14 PM
I got the reference, but I'm still wondering why you thought that speech was relevant to any of this...

If you don't get it I'm not sure I can explain it. I thought the reference was pretty straightforward (and lulzy).

Now please explain the "fear factor" or whatever of posting here.
This space for rent.

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

hooplala

Quote from: hunter s.durden on March 23, 2009, 09:09:59 PM
Quote from: Dr Hoopla on March 23, 2009, 09:05:14 PM

If you don't get it I'm not sure I can explain it. I thought the reference was pretty straightforward (and lulzy).

Now please explain the "fear factor" or whatever of posting here.

1) Ok!

2) Your post read to me like this:

Which, in the animal kingdom, is a mechanism intended to warn the potential enemy that the animal is not to be messed with.  I was under the impression you were trying the same tactic out here, and frankly, I still am.

When the frigate bird does it, its cute and funny... when you do it its still funny, but not as cute.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: hunter s.durden on March 23, 2009, 08:29:42 PM
Quote from: Dr Hoopla on March 23, 2009, 06:15:33 PM
The reason I didn't "call out" the person I was referring to as a bigger attention whore was because, unlike you, their behaviour didn't cause me to froth at the mouth out of pure rage.  Yes, I consider Suu the biggest attention whore on this forum, but it doesn't ruin my day or cause me to loathe her.  I like Suu, I just don't care for the constant barrage of pics, no big deal.  I don't personally find it necessary to point out every single thing that annoys me. But I certainly would place her above Lys if I were to make a list. 
I do happen to feel the need to point out every little thing that bothers me. I did froth at the mouth with rage. It did cause me top loathe him. I find Lys far more self promoting than Suu ever was. My "whore" list is different. I'm comfortable with all of this. I don't feel the need to conform to your obviously superior standards. You see me as an asshole with an itchy flame finger; I think you are a coward. Are you going to prove me wrong by playing my game?

If I'm such an asshole just Pledge me. This is ridiculous. You people know how to deal with shit stirrers. Pledge me right off of this fucking board. Anyone who posted in here hoping to end this is a fucking idiot, and you should feel like an asshole. You can't end a flame war with flames.

Do you think I'm going to apologize? Are you hoping you'll craft a post so striking I flee from the board? You can't do it. You don't have the conviction. I live to argue, that's why I come here. Why would I turn tail just when things are good? My tiff with Lys was about 15 post. 15. And look at this gigantic thread, all devoted to me.

Here it is:
You want the truth?
You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has forums. And those forums have to be guarded by men with balls. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Dr. Hoopla? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lysergic and you curse the Trolls. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Lysergic's browbeating, while tragic, probably saved intrigue. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves intrigue...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum. You need me on that forum. We use words like flame, troll, pwn...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very lulz I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a keyboard and post a flame. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

So stop riding the fence. Call Lys an asshole, call me an asshole, or Pledge me. But don't act high and mighty and pretend you don't want to e-sword fight or at least see one. Because if you didn't, you wouldn't. You knew what was going to happen when you looked into this thread. There's a lot of faces I don't see in here and I'm guessing it's because they know what the fuck is up.

BTW Hoops, I remember long periods without you. Post something memorable and that might change.

I don't want anyone to go away. I just want all you fucking fucks to realize that the ONLY REASON you post on the internet is for attention. It;s because we desperately want our pathetic world view to be meaningful to someone. Only an attention whore would start a thread about their opinion of another attention whore.

So, we're ALL FUCKING WHORES. If you want to pretend to have some altruistic attempt at raising the quality of the forums, go spit it in a sock, then come back here for some more whoring.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson