Some sort of dick waving contest or something, I dunno. Suggestions for title?

Started by hunter s.durden, March 21, 2009, 05:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

i'm sorry but
nixon waving a dick around in the ocean

WINS OVER EVERYTHING ELSE ITT

the end.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on March 27, 2009, 02:45:02 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 26, 2009, 11:07:24 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on March 26, 2009, 08:14:20 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 26, 2009, 12:33:35 AM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on March 23, 2009, 11:01:10 PM
Hoopla - you just aren't getting the joke.

Neither am I.  Perhaps you can explain it to me?

If memory serves the setup was Lys offering sage advice on how to get laid and live a deep and meaningful life. The punchline was hunter calling him on it.

Then came Hoops dogpiling hunter cos he isn't as nice as he used to be.

I lolled

A one-man dogpile?  How horrible.  That certainly justifies the way everyone acted.

Justifying everyone's actions aint my fucking business.

Too busy laughing (in a totally unjustifiable way)

Whatever.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hunter s.durden

So what's the score here, Roger?
Should I even bother posting anything but flames from here out? You have a general tendency to follow around people you don't like regardless of thread. Is that about to happen to me?
This space for rent.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hunter s.durden on March 28, 2009, 06:35:34 AM
So what's the score here, Roger?
Should I even bother posting anything but flames from here out? You have a general tendency to follow around people you don't like regardless of thread. Is that about to happen to me?

If it was going to, it would have already, wouldn't it?

I just think you went wayyyy fucking overboard on Hoops.  I'm not going to bother flaming you about it.  I have things to do that don't involve doing my level best to drive people off, for no fucking reason.

So just have at it.  It's what you came back for, after all.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hunter s.durden

Well no, you wouldn't have, this is my first post in like 4 days (since you apparently discovered the thread).

Anyway:
Quote from: Dr Hoopla on March 23, 2009, 09:41:48 PM
You pulled the frightened thing from a couple toss-away comments, how about the crux of my point?  That you are a hollow caricature of a formerly worthwhile poster?  You could start there. 
Way over board? Why? Because he's your friend? What if he wasn't? Then it would be cool? I thought this was a pretty fucked up assertion to make. The quote you pulled from me was merely his point twisted back on him.
Has something changed?
I mean:
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 28, 2009, 06:50:40 AM
I have things to do that don't involve doing my level best to drive people off, for no fucking reason.
Give that thought a good once over and get back to me.
This space for rent.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hunter s.durden on March 28, 2009, 07:09:02 AM
Give that thought a good once over and get back to me.

Okay, thought about it.

But I think I'm gonna pass on the getting back to you part.

Later.

Sir Squid Diddimus

i wish i had a giant picture of dicks covered in x-mas lights spinning all over the place set to the tune of that spinning leek girl song that gets stuck in your head FOREVER.

cause i'd totally post it right here.
right now.

but instead i give you:
http://www.pown.it/1310

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Malachite on March 28, 2009, 12:21:08 AM
Quote from: Dirtytime on March 28, 2009, 12:10:18 AM
And yeah, I know nobody asked him but then, nobody asks me for cooking tips.

Because claiming to be a talented chef is the same as claiming to be "the man" and "a playboy".

Maybe you're just too happy to see how pretentious, cocksure, and slightly sexist he sounded.

There's honestly not much more I can say about it. If you can't already see anything wrong with his attitude, then you never will.

actually, in this case I don't even need to let my personal friendship with Lys come into play. My point stands on its own regardless of the social dynamic of the people involved. Fact is, the only difference between me claiming to be a talented chef and offering unsolicited cooking advice and Lys claiming to have a way with the ladies and offering unsolicited advice about the pursuit of intimacy is that one seems to make YOU uncomfortable.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dirtytime on March 28, 2009, 02:39:26 PM

Because claiming to be a talented chef is the same as claiming to be "the man" and "a playboy".

Maybe you're just too happy to see how pretentious, cocksure, and slightly sexist he sounded.

There's honestly not much more I can say about it. If you can't already see anything wrong with his attitude, then you never will.

actually, in this case I don't even need to let my personal friendship with Lys come into play. My point stands on its own regardless of the social dynamic of the people involved. Fact is, the only difference between me claiming to be a talented chef and offering unsolicited cooking advice and Lys claiming to have a way with the ladies and offering unsolicited advice about the pursuit of intimacy is that one seems to make YOU uncomfortable.

Perhaps Mal feels it degrades his ability to breed on the internet.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have to say, I regret not saying anything earlier about the attacks on Hoopla, because I really don't think he deserved that.

But, you know, as "the main offender" on the board, I suppose I can expect to get flamed for saying so.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hunter s.durden

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 28, 2009, 03:14:54 PM

I'm more than a little sorry to see the return to 04-05. One user says something and Roger has to dogpile in.
This space for rent.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Nigel on March 28, 2009, 03:42:15 PM
I have to say, I regret not saying anything earlier about the attacks on Hoopla, because I really don't think he deserved that.

But, you know, as "the main offender" on the board, I suppose I can expect to get flamed for saying so.

that cross must be getting heavy by now.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirtytime on March 28, 2009, 07:00:27 PM

I'm not sorry that your idea of funny and my idea of funny don't mesh. Also, you are a bigger asshole than I am, which makes your bitching pure lulziness.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Quote from: hunter s.durden on March 28, 2009, 03:56:24 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 28, 2009, 03:14:54 PM

I'm more than a little sorry to see the return to 04-05. One user says something and Roger has to dogpile in.

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Nigel on March 28, 2009, 09:31:19 PM
Quote from: Dirtytime on March 28, 2009, 07:00:27 PM

I'm not sorry that your idea of funny and my idea of funny don't mesh. Also, you are a bigger asshole than I am, which makes your bitching pure lulziness.

thing is, I'm only an asshole to the people that I've voluntarily chosen to associate myself with (i.e. you pack of stinking heathens) when properly provoked by those same people.

The only excuse you need to be an asshole to the people here is someone you want to fuck IRL not returning your call, or some such inane nonsense.

however, now that I think about it, I guess that IS pretty fucking funny.