News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Rev Roger, Sermon #62: Sticking Apart Until We All Get Eaten.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 24, 2009, 12:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Goofy

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2009, 12:52:14 AM
Quote from: Dr Goofy on March 24, 2009, 12:50:31 AM
Roger, I missed your rants. I have not done shit in the mist of all this except get the word out. Everyone I know understands my rage of what has taken place. I read the news every day, I voice my opinion, maybe not to the masses but I do to people I know who may not understand what is happening. Where I live the news is something no one sees, everyone is wrapped up in reality tv and the melting of there own brains to understand what is going on and they don't care. On the plus side I have got people angry for the first time since the clusterfuck happened. I may live in a place where the average IQ is lower then George Bush's but I will continue to educate and do what I can.

That's all you can do.

Other than fuck with people nonstop, of course.

If you are looking for ideas, we have those in plenty.  Just ask.

I just want people to understand and get angry at what is happening, and not just throw it aside like it'll pass who cares. My rants do well and some people throw it off as I should be a comedian. If I can inform the masses and get them pissed and you can help I am all ears.

I wanna get a panel like on Larry King and have a show but I couldn't find enough people with 2 brain cells to rub together.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr Goofy on March 24, 2009, 01:02:25 AM
Roger, I missed your rants. I have not done shit in the mist of all this except get the word out. Everyone I know understands my rage of what has taken place. I read the news every day, I voice my opinion, maybe not to the masses but I do to people I know who may not understand what is happening. Where I live the news is something no one sees, everyone is wrapped up in reality tv and the melting of there own brains to understand what is going on and they don't care. On the plus side I have got people angry for the first time since the clusterfuck happened. I may live in a place where the average IQ is lower then George Bush's but I will continue to educate and do what I can.

That's all you can do.

I just want people to understand and get angry at what is happening, and not just throw it aside like it'll pass who cares. My rants do well and some people throw it off as I should be a comedian. If I can inform the masses and get them pissed and you can help I am all ears.

I wanna get a panel like on Larry King and have a show but I couldn't find enough people with 2 brain cells to rub together.

Oh, suggestions we have.  I plan to pull something together by Wednesday night.  Check here Thursday.  I will be posting it in OMF.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:mittens:

Excellent rant

even though I still find talking politics to be 99.9% super-wankery.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2009, 01:04:28 AM

Excellent rant

Nobody is asking you to talk politics.  What we SHOULD be doing is FUCKING politics.  Right in it's puckered up little bunghole.  With a 30" strap-on with weird attachments.  And a chainsaw.

Notice the subtle yet crucial distinction.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Corvidia

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2009, 12:56:49 AM
Quote from: Jenne on March 24, 2009, 12:55:30 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2009, 12:54:41 AM
Quote from: Cainad on March 24, 2009, 12:53:10 AM
HELL YEAH

I'm doing what I can with pretty limited resources and connections. My congregation is still quite small, but there are plans to grow.

Building your local Cabal(s) is the first and most important step.  I've had some success in that area, and if anyone wants any pointers, I can start a manual (add-ons by others will be more than welcome).

I quite second this.

VIRAL wins everytime.

Yep.  Also, some activities are better done in groups, for reasons which will become obvious.  I think I need to write that manual.
I would love to see one.

I think I need to get back to my own rants. They seem to draw a bit of attention.
One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.

Ari

I've been busy networking my ass off in the past months. We're still small, but constantly grow(l)ing.

Thanks for reminding me to use the entirety of my daily assortment of sticks to throw in between the cogwheels. And make others throw theirs too instead of just chewing on them like a bunch of drugged up dogs.

Also: I love stickers, they are cheap, easy to apply in public spots with camera surveillance and give a lot of creative freedom (choice of message and location).
パンクビッチ

Dr Goofy

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2009, 01:03:40 AM

That's all you can do.

Oh, suggestions we have.  I plan to pull something together by Wednesday night.  Check here Thursday.  I will be posting it in OMF.

I will see if I can pull my brain out of this damn book and get something. I am posting on forums when I got a book to read, a report to write, 3 chapters to read and 6 questions to answer, oh and a journal to finish all before midnight Wednesday. Talk about having priority's in line. But with as angry I am at these dumbasses I will join in the fight.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr Goofy on March 24, 2009, 01:14:57 AM

That's all you can do.

I will see if I can pull my brain out of this damn book and get something. I am posting on forums when I got a book to read, a report to write, 3 chapters to read and 6 questions to answer, oh and a journal to finish all before midnight Wednesday. Talk about having priority's in line. But with as angry I am at these dumbasses I will join in the fight.

Make sure to leave time for schooling, though.  The difference in ability to fund pranks, for example (and get away with them) is much different if you make, say, $60K/year rather than $20K.  Also, not spending your life eating Ramen 3 meals a day is also a plus.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Laughtrack on March 24, 2009, 01:08:07 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2009, 12:56:49 AM
Quote from: Jenne on March 24, 2009, 12:55:30 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2009, 12:54:41 AM
Quote from: Cainad on March 24, 2009, 12:53:10 AM
HELL YEAH

I'm doing what I can with pretty limited resources and connections. My congregation is still quite small, but there are plans to grow.

Building your local Cabal(s) is the first and most important step.  I've had some success in that area, and if anyone wants any pointers, I can start a manual (add-ons by others will be more than welcome).

I quite second this.

VIRAL wins everytime.

Yep.  Also, some activities are better done in groups, for reasons which will become obvious.  I think I need to write that manual.
I would love to see one.

I think I need to get back to my own rants. They seem to draw a bit of attention.

If that's what you're after, go for it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: planeswalker on March 24, 2009, 01:13:04 AM
I've been busy networking my ass off in the past months. We're still small, but constantly grow(l)ing.

One suggestion I will be bringing up in the manual...The Gameshop:  Your instant army.

Dr Goofy

Quote from: Thde Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2009, 01:31:27 AM

One suggestion I will be bringing up in the manual...The Gameshop:  Your instant army.

Comic shops and books stores are good to. If you want body's with lack of brain you can always hit hot topic :vom:
I prefer Barnes and noble though.

Honey

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2009, 01:06:10 AM
Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2009, 01:04:28 AM

Excellent rant

Nobody is asking you to talk politics.  What we SHOULD be doing is FUCKING politics.  Right in it's puckered up little bunghole.  With a 30" strap-on with weird attachments.  And a chainsaw.

Notice the subtle yet crucial distinction.

& the rest is commentary.
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2009, 01:30:14 AM
Quote from: Dr Goofy on March 24, 2009, 01:14:57 AM

That's all you can do.

Make sure to leave time for schooling, though.  The difference in ability to fund pranks, for example (and get away with them) is much different if you make, say, $60K/year rather than $20K.  Also, not spending your life eating Ramen 3 meals a day is also a plus.
College is a a great place to leave stuff laying around though. I never have any more because of college but when I am in a lab I just set the printer to do fifty or so pages and as I am walking around I leave little stacks of them around the place. Doesn't require much effort at all.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Ari

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2009, 01:31:27 AM

I'm looking forward to it.
Once springs kicks there will be tons of people craving for activity and new recruitment options as well as a structural overhaul will be necessary.
パンクビッチ