News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

Rev Roger, Sermon #62: Sticking Apart Until We All Get Eaten.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 24, 2009, 12:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Manual = BRILLIANT IDEA

I can afford to shed some of my paranoia when I transfer to the bigger campus. News and rumors travel too damn fast here, and besides, the main campus has Communists, atheists, and Christian groups. How can I not have fun?

Jenne

@faust and Cainad:  College, break rooms at corporate (!) institutions, bathrooms (public and non)...shit, I've been leaving stuff under telephone polls sometimes.

I also hand it out more often than not to people with better access to the above.  Costco has seen ALOT of our shit lately.  :lulz: 

I keep forgetting to share this, but yeah, I've been going viral now for about...oh, 6 mos?

Cainad (dec.)

That rules. :lol:

I put stuff on the bulletin boards around campus, and there are clear plastic sleeves on the inside of bathroom stall doors in the dorms that are used for informative flyers the school posts. Obviously, the school's intended message tends to get subverted.

Also, 40 pages a day of free (albeit black & white) printing from the computer lab is nice.

Jenne

Faithless

Well, as I am a bit new to all of this, my input is limited. If someone were to need a headfull of BAD ideas however, just speak up and I'll lend you a few.
I think I could use a real life primer in how to kick out the support foundations, or whatever it was TGRR said. Anyone got some simple ideas that a redneck like me can implement? :evil:
Oh, sonovabitch.

Cain

Possibly an aside, but from my reading on the topic, Sen. Dodd was forced to table that ammendment by the Treasury, in particular Tim Geithner (Rep. for Goldman Sachs) and Larry Summers (Rep. for Citigroup) and the White House (Obama's election was financed by AIG) over his personal objections.  The Treasury then leaked he was responsible, to deflect blame. 

Monkeywrenching, on the other hand, should take a two-pronged approach:

On the most basic level, there is good, old fashioned, plain disruption.  This is the phyiscal end of things.  I would especially suggest attempting to target elements benefitting from the bailout.  Since those are not immediately available, the next step down is to consider how to cause disruption to things they are reliant on, related to or otherwise have to deal with.  You know a bar or coffee shop where many of the regional branch managers go for drinks?  Bribe someone there to spike their drinks with laxative (for example).  Get the work numbers of these people, and call in increasingly disturbed messages (note: do not threaten them, or the law will come down on you.  Make it somewhat surreal, yet worrying  to listen to).  Varations on the wingnut trick are always good, especially if you have several people.  Finally, I would highly suggest reverse engineering three particular books and distributing them as much as possible: The OSS Simple Sabotage Manual, The Nicuragua Freedom Fighter's Manual (an updated, graphic version of this would be wonderful) and Monkeywrenching, originally an animal rights activist book, which nontheless contains useful operational material and suggestions.

Secondly, however, the disruption has to take place on an ideological level.  People are pissed off, they are angry, but they don't know what to do about it.  They see no alternative to what is currently going on.  In short, they need to be provided credible alternatives (Note: 'going Galt' or allowing the collapse of the financial system in toto is not credible) to the currently existing hegemonic ideology.  So long as people mistake other interests for their own, they will not agree with your above actions and may even work against you. It is no coincidence that places with more Anarchist, Marxists and other forms of radical politics, such as Greece, had more in the way of protests than other countries.  Note: I am not saying we should all go out and preach Marxism or Anarchism, only that these are examples of alternatives that people get involved with and motivated them against current events.

How do we break the control over the public's thinking?  I'm not sure.  Things like Matt Taibbi's article seems to work better on educated people whereas populism may be the better option with people not as well versed in understanding the economic system.  Equally, we should consider the possibility of a metapolitical strategy, as could be aided by the development of the IdeologyTropes project, if anyone actually bothers to contribute (I am as guilty of this as anyone, though I at least helped try to get support for the idea).

More later.

Herbertina Merrique V

Try to not stick apart, living in the middle of nowhere. :|

Anyway, Roger & Cain own.

I've been translating a shitload of BIP ideas and common Think For Yourself Propaganda to the finfags and spread them all around the country, both IRL and at the interwebs.

I once found a copy of one of my pamphlets in a train, and that was possibly one of the sweetest moments in my life.
THE MORALE WILL CONTINUE UNTIL DISCORDIANS IMPROVE

Ask me anything. Or else.

LMNO

I'm still trying to spread the BIP-Rock to the masses.

As a positive step forward, I may be close to getting the music going live as well as just online.

AFK

My contribution has been working some of the basic philosophy behind BIP into my IRL work with teenagers and in prevention in general.  The whole "Think For Yourself, Schmuck" idea is very translatable when it comes to talking to kids about peer pressure and related topics.  I obviously don't literally mention the BIP, but the same basic idea is there. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Roger that was inspiring!!  :mittens:

Time to rally the troops and get to work.  I look forward to a pamphlet, I think we all get stuck sometimes. 

Most of what I do, I got the ideas from here at PD.

As a charter member of the broker than broke club.  What we do is cheap.  Stickers everywhere we go.  I use the 5160s and the template that I downloaded from PD.  I keep a couple of sheets on my bag and my oldest has a bunch in his backpack.  We leave them all over the city.  Leaving pages in bookstore and library books.  I use the "Freedom Isn't Free" a lot. We do an EggGasm every year.  Hide them around. Everything has the BIP web address on it.

I'm lucky, we are in the middle of St Louis Univ, Harris Stowe Univ., Washinton Univ., Southern Illinois Univ., Webster Univ.  So we can hit 3 or 4 campuses in a boring weekend. 

I also have been in on a few protests, but I have to be careful.  If I get arrested, they will take my kids, so I can't go to some I would really like to just because I know they will get insane. 

Jenne

Oh yes, time to go get the golden eggs!  Forgot about that.  Today's order of bidness:  1) clowns 2) curtains (unrelated) 3) golden eggs.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2009, 01:06:10 AM
Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2009, 01:04:28 AM
:mittens:

Excellent rant

even though I still find talking politics to be 99.9% super-wankery.

Nobody is asking you to talk politics.  What we SHOULD be doing is FUCKING politics.  Right in it's puckered up little bunghole.  With a 30" strap-on with weird attachments.  And a chainsaw.

Notice the subtle yet crucial distinction.

I can get on board with that.

I'm still sad that I couldn't get any steam behind getting people to mail shoes to the White house before GB vacated.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Corvidia

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2009, 01:31:27 AM
Quote from: planeswalker on March 24, 2009, 01:13:04 AM
I've been busy networking my ass off in the past months. We're still small, but constantly grow(l)ing.

One suggestion I will be bringing up in the manual...The Gameshop:  Your instant army.

Oooh, hadn't thought of that. That's going to be my new job, actually. Video games, but that still applies.  :mrgreen:
One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.

OPTIMUS PINECONE

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2009, 06:52:26 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2009, 01:06:10 AM
Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2009, 01:04:28 AM
:mittens:

Excellent rant

even though I still find talking politics to be 99.9% super-wankery.

Nobody is asking you to talk politics.  What we SHOULD be doing is FUCKING politics.  Right in it's puckered up little bunghole.  With a 30" strap-on with weird attachments.  And a chainsaw.

Notice the subtle yet crucial distinction.

I can get on board with that.

I'm still sad that I couldn't get any steam behind getting people to mail shoes to the White house before GB vacated.

That's genius, NIGEL!
"Sincere thought, real free thought, ready, in the name of superhuman authority or of humble common sense, to question the basis of what is officially taught and generally accepted, is less and less likely to thrive. It is, we repeat, by far easier to enslave a literate people than an illiterate one, strange as this may seem at first sight. And the enslavement is more likely to be lasting."   -Savitri Devi

"Great men of action... never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job, and at times they all are"   -Oswald Mosley

Kai

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2009, 01:02:23 AM
Quote from: Thurnez Isa on March 24, 2009, 12:57:26 AM
all I've done is posted a few rants here and there
:sad:
and they get buried due to their suckiness and drama

I still haven't found something that more or less me... for example tried the trolling thing a few years ago but it became very evident I just couldn't go for the jugular, even against the most hateful blabbering idiot
I have a lot of plans this summer of journeys to some pretty remote places and adventures planned provided i get a few contracts for monies... i probably will document everything I see, feel, do, still don't know how yet... Its an idea that's more or less me, and maybe possible show the strangeness and uniqueness of what life is and not what we're told life is

well Im jabbering in coherently now
time for crackers and peanut butter
:)

If you lack funds and/or time, stickers are the way to go.  8.5X11 crack and peel paper (for laser or inkjet) costs about $0.60 per sheet at your local office supply shop, and a pack of 12 sheets can lead to hours and hours of fun.

This I can do. :)
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish