News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Help me cook with anchovies

Started by nostalgicBadger, May 03, 2009, 02:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

you just gave me an idea for a new tack on my career path.

ECH,
soon to be offering home cooking classes for Portland's middle class.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Actually, that's a damn good idea, especially as it's gonna be farmstand weather soon.

East Coast Hustle

well, by "soon" I mean "in october after I'm done slaving away up here in castine."

but it'll still be a good idea then. especially then, since knowing how to cook seasonal winter food is good for 5 or 6 months in these parts.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on May 07, 2009, 04:39:26 PM
you just gave me an idea for a new tack on my career path.

ECH,
soon to be offering home cooking classes for Portland's middle class.

It's desperately needed.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on May 07, 2009, 07:50:31 PM
:lulz:

wrong Portland.

Only until one can get the free DVD with your best seller cookbook?  RIGHT????

East Coast Hustle

getting a TV show/book deal/anything like that which negates the need for me to bust my balls for 60 hours a week in a sweaty kitchen is on my to-do list, but I figure that though it's not totally unlikely (I'm talented, verbose, and good-looking for a kitchen troll) it's probably a good 10 years off.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on May 07, 2009, 07:50:31 PM
:lulz:

wrong Portland.

Doesn't matter which Portland... it's desperately needed. EVERYWHERE.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

Cooking classes seem to be making a comeback--I've noticed Sur la Table offers them, and now Macy's home stores as well.  Interesting stuff.  Course, I'm sure it's more of a ploy to get you to buy their shit, but still and all, insteresting venues to say the least of it.

minuspace