News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

Information Vectors

Started by Cramulus, April 02, 2009, 12:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

split so as not to jack the Missions, Goals, Objectives thread...

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on April 01, 2009, 05:46:49 AM
Quote from: Cain on March 31, 2009, 03:32:33 PM
We should really see if we can contact people in the current internet counterculture - groups like the former Technoccult site (now Renegade Futurist), Alterati (good for creative projects), the PDX Occulture lot...and work from there.  The first two in particular churn out links and promotions like nobodies business, and with the added bonus of attracting our sort of crowd.
Disinfo.com would be a good target too.  If there are enough of us there we could vote the story up and get it on the main page.

Quote from: Telarus on April 01, 2009, 07:53:20 PM
Can we start setting up a wiki page for these memetic infection vectors?

We can break it down into sections and have easy links to register for sites like stumbleupon, boingboing, LJ, etc, etc.

If we can make it very easy for the PD members that are less interested in trying to organize this thing to get all set up with accounts everywhere we need them, then we can have our mob pre-register over a few weeks time. Then once we have something ready to infect the web with we would have a large group of agents that can just jump in and start posting/commenting/bumpng our stuff all over without having to go through the hassle of signing up for each site right before they do so.

Yes, that's a great idea.

let's create a naughty stepchild of Discordian_Websites_and_Communities called http://blackironprison.com/index.php?title=Discordian_Vectors

with the sweetest spots to seed stuff

but here's the ten million dollar question - where is the most fertile soil (generally) for planting ideas?

Corvidia

I'm already a stumbler, so in addition to whatever I do, I'll do that. Also, facebook is good for that. And possibly myspace.

Place to start our strange little garden: we can start amongst our own. I'm having good luck with my friends, for one (admittedly, I'm contagiously weird so that probably helps). Forums where we're regular members, sort of like Project Infiltration, minus Gaia and the like. You know, more intelligent places.
One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

rong

Quote from: Cramulus on April 02, 2009, 12:18:19 AM
but here's the ten million dollar question - where is the most fertile soil (generally) for planting ideas?

i like this metaphor so much, that i feel compelled to add that, without a gardener, the most fertile soil is full of weeds.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: rong on April 06, 2009, 04:05:22 AM

i like this metaphor so much, that i feel compelled to add that, without a gardener, the most fertile soil is full of weeds.

So we should be the weeds.

muhaha
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

the other anonymous

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 06, 2009, 04:18:11 AM
Quote from: rong on April 06, 2009, 04:05:22 AM

So we should be the weeds.

muhaha

Ooh! I call Dandelion! That way, you can all blow me!

Cain

I'm slipping in occasional links and memebombs on Twitter.  Not many, but the viral spread may yet occur.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I'm doing terrible things to fertile, fertile soil which I can't speak about and are highly difficult to trace.

:walken:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Aufenthatt

Quote from: NeT@uNGr0t on April 07, 2009, 06:36:38 AM
I'm doing terrible things to fertile, fertile soil which I can't speak about and are highly difficult to trace.

We're watching you.