News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

TwitterGASM

Started by Iason Ouabache, April 02, 2009, 02:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verbal Mike

But you can guess. I would guess when a trending topic starts trailing off into the long tail of tweets that are past the topic peak, there will be a lot of people seeing the topic or the hashtag and wondering what's being/been said, which would lead them to search for the topic. It's the point where latecomers have to figure out the trend before getting on the bandwagon. At the same time, it would not be so heavily spammed as to make it impossible for anyone to notice something thrown in. This is all, of course, just theory. The bit.ly tracking info might be a good tool for testing this stuff.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

the last yatto

ahem @hashtags hashtags dot org

ETA related tags could be useful
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

nbcphiladelphia.com/around_town/the_scene/NATLFoodies-Flock-to-Twitter-Friendly-Carts.html
Twitter recently became the communique of choice for the almost cultishly popular Kogi BBQ trucks, roving Korean-style taco vendors in Los Angeles that use the 140-character, cell phone-friendly missives to alert customers to their whereabouts and menu items.

And she thinks the success of food truck Tweets likely will inspire a broader use of Twitter across the food world.

@PDXfoodcarts  :fnord:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Broken AI on June 26, 2009, 09:13:41 AM

Holy shit, I need a life-sized poster of that for my dorm next year.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Verbal Mike

If someone prints, I'll buy one.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

the last yatto

Iason Ouabache

Where do I send my resume to be an AstroTurfer? That seems like the best job ever. Spend all day on internet subtlety spamming up the place.

BTW, this Sprite I'm drinking is awesome!
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

the last yatto

Dangerousmeme has started to tag those that retweet... Deputy Replicators
what to do with these names...

take on shit twitting
http://twitter.com/Dalegacy/status/2193949650

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: NotARealFurby on July 19, 2009, 08:13:28 AM
Dangerousmeme has started to tag those that retweet... Deputy Replicators
what to do with these names...
Well, you could always follow other Deputy Replicators and hope that they start to follow you. It couldn't hurt.
    \

the last yatto

more thinking of trying to get a cabal named and stuck together :D

mrtweet.com :?

@GolfPut - auto follows those who twit the word "golf"

the last yatto

the last yatto

@takebackthebeep is a call to action from David Pogue of The New York Times to end useless and annoying wireless voicemail instructions.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I have to mark twittergasm as loosely a success of some kind. I keep on seeing RTs of memebombs by people who are not even tangentally involved with discordianism, even of the non-peedy variety.

Some examples:

Exoplanetology @archetyper @blustr RT @enkiv2 Reality is the original Rorschach Test. #memebomb
advertisinglies RT @Jablair51 Black sheep are still sheep. #memebomb
murmur55 RT @enkiv2 Ridicule may lawfully be employed where reason has no hope of success. #memebomb #discordia || #police #lawenforcement

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Iason Ouabache

Advertisinglies is my new BFF.  I'm sure we could pull her over to Discordianism if we tried hard enough.
    \

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Ah. When I was composing that list, I left out anyone who I recognized from prior correspondence, and anyone who appeared to know about discordianism (this means I left out the retweets from qjohn). I imagine we could determine pretty good statistics on who is probably being exposed to the memebombs without using links, just by looking at all the retweeters and how many mutual friends they have, and the percentage of responses to statements they get.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.