News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

TwitterGASM

Started by Iason Ouabache, April 02, 2009, 02:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verbal Mike

It might be useful to compile a list of all known Discordians And Related Clowns for any discordian twitternaut who needs good contacts. Of course, any of our followers' lists is a good start....
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Triple Zero

some of the discordian clowns are kinda spammy and contentless though. at least I wouldnt want to follow them all. same as I stopped following #fnord :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: VERBtr on September 26, 2009, 12:08:38 PM
It might be useful to compile a list of all known Discordians And Related Clowns for any discordian twitternaut who needs good contacts. Of course, any of our followers' lists is a good start....

There's a link to a list on the wiki earlier in the thread.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Verbal Mike

http://discordia.wikia.com/wiki/TwitterGASM
found. on first page.
speaking of which, enki, have you given up on the memebomb-bot thing?
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I haven't, per-se. I still have the code. The problem is still connecting it to SOMA. It shouldn't be *too* hard, but I still haven't gotten around to it.

If anyone else wants to give it a go, the code is hanging around.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

fomenter

http://xcubiclabs.com/the-flaming-xbird  a tool for automatically posting on twitter 
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Rococo Modem Basilisk

That's the part I wrote, actually ;-). The hard part is getting the memebombs out of the response from SOMA.

fomenter

you are xcubic? or you wrote a program that does the same?
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Triple Zero

posting stuff to twitter automatically is nto that hard, ENKI already wrote that (afaik part of his tweets are generated already? corrrect me if im wrong).

the memebomb database outputs data in XML format, which should be as easy as pointing an XML parser at it in a programming language that supports files over http (such as PHP or Python, not sure maybe even Perl).
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Yep. I have one that will automatically grab from a text file or a fortune cookie file, cut it down, append the hashtag, etc. I'm just not familiar enough with the various python xml parsers to be able to figure out how to get them to do what I want them to. The focus of all the ones I've seen has been on getting tag args, rather than tag content. I may just use regexes, rather than bothering with xml parsers.

Triple Zero

it's really incredibly easy to do. check out this little thingy I wrote for Cram a while back for inspiration:
http://pastebin.com/f25a3343a

Cramulus

Telarus

Sometimes, you just need to know the Discordian Date right now.

Found this:

https://twitter.com/#!/ddate
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Triple Zero

Been following that one since ages :)

There's also a Big Ben twitter that just goes BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG every hour :lol:

Telarus

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 08, 2011, 04:39:03 PM
Been following that one since ages :)

There's also a Big Ben twitter that just goes BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG every hour :lol:

:lulz: :lulz:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!