News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

Synchronicity has led me here, to ask a shitload of questions...

Started by Kealohinani, April 07, 2009, 10:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kealohinani

Hi. Ive never posted here before. I dont really know anything about discordianism and I would like to ask some questions if anyone would be so kind as to hopefully shed some light.
First of all, do discordians have a particular interest in the number 23, and if so in what way? I mean like is it just a sacred symbol or is it a warning sign or what?  I ask because it has been omnipresent in my life since adolesence.  I wont bore you with a whole bunch of 23 enigma stuff but to give you an idea of how the synchronicity works-
I was born on 11/23
My daughter was born on 8/23 ( also was supposed to be my sons due date, but he came early)
My daughters middle name was taken from my aunt, who died on 8/23
That same  aunts daughter later died on my birthday, 11/23
My life has always been filled with these coincidences, surrounding the number. While they may be coincidences, it seems as if they are leading you somewhere, which is why I want to know more about discordian ideas.  Searching about the number online led me to Principia Discordia.  I havent read it yet, but I flipped through some of it online, and I came across the page with "Starbucks Pebbles".  Now that page stopped me dead in my tracks, because on my right shoulder are 5 small moles/ freckles whatever you want to call them, laid out just like that. If Im not slouching you can connect them to make a perfect star, the lines about 2.5 inches long.  What is the significance of "Starbucks Pebbles"?
Does anyone have any insight about the why the synchronicity of 23 plagues certain people,  what are some discordian ideals about synchronicity etc.., any other ideas you may want to share.....

Fuquad

Start looking for something else.

That's when it gets real fun.

might I suggest 714?

THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

rong

i believe you have listed 5 coincidences

edit:
holy shit!  i just calculated 23 in binary and it's 10111 - binary 10 = 2, so it's like 2 followed by 3 1's.  also, 23 in hexadecimal is 17.  not only are 23 and 17 (as a decimal number) prime, but 23 - 17 = 5
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

rong

sweet jesus - i just checked out the 23rd fibonacci number.  it's 28657 and it's a friggin prime number, too.

and 23 in base 3 is 212 and not only is it palindromic, but it's digits add up to 5!!!!
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

LMNO

Keal, it appears you were cast into the synchronet at a very early age.  It's a wonder Our Operatives hadn't picked you up earlier.  Well, in any case, welcome.

If you look out your window, you might spot the camera.  Wave to it, and you will receive further instructions in the usual manner.

Cain

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Faust

hooplala

Quote from: Kealohinani on April 07, 2009, 10:52:04 AM
First of all, do discordians have a particular interest in the number 23, and if so in what way? I mean like is it just a sacred symbol or is it a warning sign or what?  I ask because it has been omnipresent in my life since adolesence.  I wont bore you with a whole bunch of 23 enigma stuff but to give you an idea of how the synchronicity works-
I was born on 11/23
My daughter was born on 8/23 ( also was supposed to be my sons due date, but he came early)
My daughters middle name was taken from my aunt, who died on 8/23
That same  aunts daughter later died on my birthday, 11/23
My life has always been filled with these coincidences, surrounding the number. While they may be coincidences, it seems as if they are leading you somewhere, which is why I want to know more about discordian ideas.  Searching about the number online led me to Principia Discordia.  I havent read it yet, but I flipped through some of it online, and I came across the page with "Starbucks Pebbles".  Now that page stopped me dead in my tracks, because on my right shoulder are 5 small moles/ freckles whatever you want to call them, laid out just like that. If Im not slouching you can connect them to make a perfect star, the lines about 2.5 inches long.  What is the significance of "Starbucks Pebbles"?
Does anyone have any insight about the why the synchronicity of 23 plagues certain people,  what are some discordian ideals about synchronicity etc.., any other ideas you may want to share.....

23 means nothing.  Period.  Your 23 coincidences are just that, coincidences.  There are plenty of significant events in your life which haven't taken place on a 23rd, but you tend not to notice then as much.  All 23 does is allow us to view how our perception works more easily... its like finding out the trick behind a magician's illusions.

"Starbucks Pebbles" is a discordian parable intended to highlight the fact that these hallucinations exist only in our minds and not in reality, but you missed that point.  Hope that helps.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Faust

ok serious response I have been led by the numer 23, many times.
It often leads to 24, and sometimes depending on what I am doing it might lead back to 22.
Its fucking mindblowing.

Cramulus

You might check out Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson, which has some pretty good discussion about synchronicity.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/4966587/Prometheus-Rising

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Faust

Quote from: rong on April 07, 2009, 11:31:58 AM
i believe you have listed 5 coincidences

edit:
holy shit!  i just calculated 23 in binary and it's 10111 - binary 10 = 2, so it's like 2 followed by 3 1's.  also, 23 in hexadecimal is 17.  not only are 23 and 17 (as a decimal number) prime, but 23 - 17 = 5

17 decimal is 11 hex and 021 oct
                 (2)            (3)