News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Synchronicity has led me here, to ask a shitload of questions...

Started by Kealohinani, April 07, 2009, 10:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

the two and three synchronicity of showing up is far less cool then the slightly more common, law of ones

check this shit out: 4 = 1+1+1+1
and now this 5 = 1+1+1+1+1

Now this is fucking mindblowing
2 = 1+1
3 = 1+1+1

Its EVERYWHERE
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

Truly, as it is written by the prophet: All is One.

LMNO
-lifting banality to mystical heights.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Fuquad

Quote from: Faust on April 07, 2009, 03:08:18 PM
Quote from: rong on April 07, 2009, 11:31:58 AM
i believe you have listed 5 coincidences

edit:
holy shit!  i just calculated 23 in binary and it's 10111 - binary 10 = 2, so it's like 2 followed by 3 1's.  also, 23 in hexadecimal is 17.  not only are 23 and 17 (as a decimal number) prime, but 23 - 17 = 5

17 decimal is 11 hex and 021 oct
                 (2)            (3)
This reminds me of a bad joke.

"Why do computer programmers always get Halloween and Christmas confused for the other?"

THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

Faust

*sigh* (I'm going to regret this).

I don't know, why do computer programmers always get Halloween and Christmas confused for the other?

Fuquad

Faust

Fuquad

Faust

Fuquad

An ex once said something along the lines of "you and your friends don't TELL jokes. You subject people to your jokes."

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Aufenthatt

Fuquad

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on April 08, 2009, 12:14:07 AM
Quote from: Faust on April 07, 2009, 01:06:59 PM
69 teeheehee

69 = 23 X 3. More proof that Discordians are sexy bastards.
The exact reason why there's so much pron on the intertubes.

"W" is the 23rd Letter of the alphabet.

Url's begin with www

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kealohinani on April 07, 2009, 10:52:04 AM
Hi. Ive never posted here before. I dont really know anything about discordianism and I would like to ask some questions if anyone would be so kind as to hopefully shed some light.
First of all, do discordians have a particular interest in the number 23, and if so in what way? I mean like is it just a sacred symbol or is it a warning sign or what?  I ask because it has been omnipresent in my life since adolesence.  I wont bore you with a whole bunch of 23 enigma stuff but to give you an idea of how the synchronicity works-
I was born on 11/23
My daughter was born on 8/23 ( also was supposed to be my sons due date, but he came early)
My daughters middle name was taken from my aunt, who died on 8/23
That same  aunts daughter later died on my birthday, 11/23
My life has always been filled with these coincidences, surrounding the number. While they may be coincidences, it seems as if they are leading you somewhere, which is why I want to know more about discordian ideas.  Searching about the number online led me to Principia Discordia.  I havent read it yet, but I flipped through some of it online, and I came across the page with "Starbucks Pebbles".  Now that page stopped me dead in my tracks, because on my right shoulder are 5 small moles/ freckles whatever you want to call them, laid out just like that. If Im not slouching you can connect them to make a perfect star, the lines about 2.5 inches long.  What is the significance of "Starbucks Pebbles"?
Does anyone have any insight about the why the synchronicity of 23 plagues certain people,  what are some discordian ideals about synchronicity etc.., any other ideas you may want to share.....

Syncronicity is for people who don't believe in a hostile deity.  That is all.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

rong

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"