News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

The Joys of Walking Planes #1: How To Find The Door

Started by Ari, April 10, 2009, 10:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ari

WIP - Roughly thrown together from weird notes of the past months | research is ongoing, feel free to ask / comment / tear apart at will... and if this is too shitty just move it to Apple Talk. ;)

As peedeenoob I will always be a little behind in direct comparison, trying to catch up on literature, reprogramming skills, inside jokes, whatever. But it's fine, I get a constant amount of good input out of this place, which is why I stick around and lurk my ass off.

So yeah, this isn't really a rant, more like an attempt to outline certain phenomena I encountered and maybe I get to shape it up into a proper manual. Or maybe it's just more clutter - either way, I enjoyed writing it. More chapters (total of 3 is planned) to come whenever I find the time to sort through all those notes. Revisions of previous chapters are likely.

Live'n'learn!

Firstly, be aware that there might be snakes on your planes!

No wait, first be aware that you are (on) your planes.

All of your Selfs are confined within the headspace, a mental framework to make sense out of all the signals. It might take consistent effort to learn how to identify them as separate systems within the framework, especially since they love to tangle up like a horde exceptionally horny tentacle monsters with no saucy young ladies around. Look for all the roles you play during the day, seamlessly blending from one to the next, or instantly switching back and forth (those cuts are easier to observe).
Okay, got at least a few? Throw them away! DO IT!
Don't worry, they'll come crawling back in there before you know it.

Where were we? Oh yea, clearing the headspace from all the clutter. During your mental awakening a couple years ago you might have noticed how much foreign bullshit has been woven into your framework.
Or not - and if so, BAD MONKEY why are you reading this subversive shit? It might change you.

Good news, it was  y o u  who constructed the shittower so the only person capable of getting rid of it is  y o u. The time needed for this entire process varies. If you never fully deconstructed yourself before you might want pack some patience. The more you play with this the easier it gets to shut down or modify entire systems for a predetermined amount of time.

Feel that urge to call all of this a load of bullox?
DON'T PANIC! That's just your Self trying to hold on to some arbitrary system of identity and patterns. It's a defense mechanism and should be studied continously. It shows up in so many patterns it's not even funny anymore - who am I kidding, once you start planeswalking it gets even more funny.  Sharpen your awareness and control your headspace until you can just disconnect at whim, and ultimately find The Door.

I can't tell you exactly where or even what The Door is, you will have to find it on/in your own. Those of you that have experience in altering reality will probably be quicker. It might move around, and it might not open when you want to. But just keep at it, humans are great at adaption.

Once you free yourself from yourself and accept the world as it is.
Let go.

Don't think about it.

Just. Let. Go.

When you finally stepped through The Door there is only the joy of being. You have arrived at the universal playground.

You can either stay here to enjoy the harmony and tranquility.

Or you start walking the planes,
and have some fun with this world of ours!
Infinite amounts of realities, endless possibilities.  You will be free.

warning: excessive planeswalking might result in being perceived as crazy bastard
~
written in the morning of Summit Orange, Discord 27, Year of Our Lady of Discord 3175
パンクビッチ

Honey

I like this.  A lot.  & of course I have questions!  My mind went off in mostly two directions while reading this.  First direction: it reminded me of when I was a little kid & my heart's desire was to learn the dance of the seven veils.  Second direction: it reminded me of one of my recurring dreams where I'm in a long hallway with a bunch of doors on either side & I'm wondering which one to walk (or dance) thru.  Just then, they all begin to open & close at once, leading to further confusion.  At that point I get the feeling there's a 'window of opportunity' of sorts.  I want to go thru them all & I'm not sure if that's an option.

Anyway I really like & look forward to the next installments.   :)

note to self:  learn dance of the seven veils especially if TGGR ever makes it to NY
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

Corvidia

One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.

Richter

Looks good from here, I'd like to see where you take it.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat