News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

New Testament?

Started by hooplala, April 23, 2009, 04:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

how will your testapoop be different then the fru?
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Yάttᶿ on April 23, 2009, 07:31:36 PM
how will your testapoop be different then the fru?

The fru?

That sounds vaguely familiar...
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

the last yatto

the fru is a forgotten tome that is really badly photocopied
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

hooplala

A discordian tome, or simply any badly photocopied tome?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Richter

Quote from: Payne on April 23, 2009, 07:10:35 PM
Quote from: Richter on April 23, 2009, 04:47:58 PM
the "Life and times of Payne" sort of jizz?

Jizz?

JIZZ?!

Yes.  Jizz.
Get it the right places it causes new things to grow.  Struck me as a sophmoric metaphor for it's influence on a new project.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

hooplala

Doesn't seem like there's a lot of interest in the idea, so I guess I'll can it.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Dr Hoopla on April 23, 2009, 11:03:23 PM
Doesn't seem like there's a lot of interest in the idea, so I guess I'll can it.

I think its a very good idea.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Corvidia

Quote from: Ratatosk on April 23, 2009, 11:05:44 PM
Quote from: Dr Hoopla on April 23, 2009, 11:03:23 PM

I think its a very good idea.
So do I and I'm up for writing parts of it. I have a few other projects on the table, but starting May 15th, I'll have plenty of time for all of it.
I've got a little bit of something already written (from before I really spent much time here). Bit penalist, but I can clean it up and I have another installment of it sitting in a notebook which is hopefully less penalist.

Two or three different gospels, plus something akin to Proverbs? Those could be a shitload of memebombs, plus a few little stories.
One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.

Telarus

I might be up for doing some illustrations. I need to work on my human figures, and there a few good photos of Norton in regalia.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Richter

I'm in for a gospel, and a few "letters to the...", I'm thinking.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think it's a fantastic idea, I just can't possibly participate right now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Although somewhere on the forum is the ballad of Cramson and deLAILah, which might fit in somewhere. I have no idea.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Payne

It's be easy enough to do this, really, but a lot of writing, and preferably a lot of different writers involved.

Set up a central character that we can all generally agree on (which is why I'm leaning to an entirely new and fictional character, no baggage associated with it, and it's much easier to get freaky with the writing). Write a basic life story, and ask people to riff off of it for some Gospels (Basic story driven Bring&Brag stuff), some Psalms (Memebombs), some Letters (Rants), some Acts (Rants/horromirth), a book of Prophecy (Horrormirth/ High Weirdness) or two. Get someone to edit it down into a single document, still split into Books, but more unified, throw some graphics in and you're done.

Some other significant characters could be created for their own individual Books.

The more editing processes it goes through, the better, especially with some more obtuse editors. Books that are rejected from the initial process can become Apocrypha, or some can be written specifically to be so.

Once you have this finished text, I suppose you could ask SSOOKN or some such to go through and plant codes'n'clues throughout, and some other people to leave other goodies.

Corvidia

I'd be happy to edit, too. I'll do a gospel and a couple letters.

I'd love to see at least one of the accepted gospels to mimic the Gnostic Gospels and Apocrypha to have one or two that resemble Paul or something. Also, someone should write a parallel to St. Augustine's Confessions.

We should write a version of the Nicene Creed and the Apostle's Creed, too. (I'll do that, towards the end, I think)

Jeebus details we need to agree on:
Male or female?
What era of history? (Just because PD was written in the 50s doesn't mean our Jeebus has to be modern--this is Eris after all. She might have hung onto the revelations until now just because she could).
Where was e born? Is there going to be a virgin involved? OR shall e be the product of a freak occurrence of male pregnancy?
Name?
One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.