News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

THE INEVITABLE SWINE FLU THREAD: How bad is it where YOU are?

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, April 27, 2009, 03:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

REPORTED FROM MY DISTRICT:
QuoteCurrently, there have been zero reported incidents of "Swine Flu" in this area, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't still be scared out of your mind. It's coming, and if you're a person of average, below normal, or above normal weight, living between the Equator and the Arctic Circle, of European, Asian, African, or Native American descent, you are most likely going to die. LOOT NOW, while you still have the strength to watch a new TV!
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Suu

Nothing up here. I think the media is blowing another illness out of proportion based on people in Mexico and the Southwest not knowing how to wash their hands after they wipe their ass.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

But dude, there's a FLU out there!
Run for your life!

a FLUUUUUUU!

(just got over flu)

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

THE BEST POSSIBLE THING TO TAKE FOR A VIRUS THAT MUTATES WITH EVERY NEW CONTAGION IS AN ANTI-VIRAL MEDICINE

SURELY, THERE'S NO WAY THAT IT COULD MUTATE BEYOND THE ANTIVIRAL'S EFFECTIVENESS.

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

tyrannosaurus vex

Relax, they can make a new antiviral in as little as four months, just in time for everyone who needs it to have been dead for 3 months.

Roaring Biscuit!

Sir Squid Diddimus

Make sure he washes his hands frequently.
Also, a face mask in crowded areas might not be a bad idea.

I wonder if all the people choosing not to vaccinate their kids has anything to do with this?
Just a thought.

Roaring Biscuit!

im not too worried about it tbh, he's only there for a day before he moves on to guatamala...  i don't really know how to feel about pandemic scares overall, I'm sorta aware that it is a threat, its just...  i dunno, i dont get sick much so i never really worry about sickness...

Plus media cynicism helps people keep their heads me thinks...

Adios

*shrug*
2 cases reported here in Kansas. Damn thing is starting to read like a Stephen King novel.

LMNO

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Adios

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 27, 2009, 04:59:32 PM
IS IT AIRBORNE YET

OR WILL THAT HAPPEN WHEN PIGS FLY

They say no, and then promptly pass out masks................

AFK

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 27, 2009, 04:59:32 PM
IS IT AIRBORNE YET

OR WILL THAT HAPPEN WHEN PIGS FLY

Yes, it's called a bovine intervention. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

tyrannosaurus vex