THE INEVITABLE SWINE FLU THREAD: How bad is it where YOU are?

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, April 27, 2009, 03:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

hooplala

I got a hilarious email from Sondra London over it.   :lol:
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

AFK

Quote from: vexati0n on April 27, 2009, 05:23:59 PM
Quote from: RWHN on April 27, 2009, 05:05:26 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on April 27, 2009, 04:59:32 PM
IS IT AIRBORNE YET

OR WILL THAT HAPPEN WHEN PIGS FLY

Yes, it's called a bovine intervention. 
TWICE IN ONE THREAD! :argh!:

Sorry.  I have issues.

I think one impact this might have, and maybe rightly so, is that fewer people are going to get flu shots the next time they come out.  This, back to back with two rounds of ineffective flu shots, why even bother anymore? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

Well, I live right near the border (about a half hour away from it), and my husband sees primarliy Mexican immigrants as patients.  So, doing some quick figuring, I am thinking we probably have the virus hanging out here in some form or other!  WASH YOUR DAMNED HANDS BEFORE YOU EAT, PEOPLE! 

And yeah, in Mexico, be safe, don't drink the water, don't even swish it in your damned mouth while brushing your teefs.  Drink beer.  Cheaper, safer.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: RWHN on April 27, 2009, 05:46:46 PM
Quote from: vexati0n on April 27, 2009, 05:23:59 PM
Quote from: RWHN on April 27, 2009, 05:05:26 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on April 27, 2009, 04:59:32 PM
IS IT AIRBORNE YET

OR WILL THAT HAPPEN WHEN PIGS FLY

Yes, it's called a bovine intervention. 
TWICE IN ONE THREAD! :argh!:

Sorry.  I have issues tissues.

fixed.

QuoteI think one impact this might have, and maybe rightly so, is that fewer people are going to get flu shots the next time they come out.  This, back to back with two rounds of ineffective flu shots, why even bother anymore? 

Because there is a plague outside waiting to devour you, your children, everyone you love, and then bring your deceased loved ones back to life as horrible zombies just to kill them again. The CDC said so.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Xooxe

Apparently there's now been an earthquake in Mexico City.

Jenne

Quote from: Xooxe on April 27, 2009, 05:55:02 PM
Apparently there's now been an earthquake in Mexico City.

Yeah, NPR just mentioned it, saying details are underway.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hawk on April 27, 2009, 04:57:13 PM
*shrug*
2 cases reported here in Kansas. Damn thing is starting to read like a Stephen King novel.

It's about fucking time.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Some asshole thinks it should be called "Mexican Flu" due to the "sensibilities" of Jews and Muslims vis a vis our porcine friends.

To that I say "fuck you, Charlie!"  Who gives a flying fuck if they have "sensibilities" about calling something pork-related?  PORK is HERE to STAY.  Don't like it?  Too bad.  I find it really hard to feel sorry for people with religious-based ideals that make it difficult for the rest of us to just go about our business. /minirant on fucktardry

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on April 27, 2009, 06:12:49 PM
Some asshole thinks it should be called "Mexican Flu" due to the "sensibilities" of Jews and Muslims vis a vis our porcine friends.

Wut   :lulz:  <---  The correct usage of the roglol.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Wait... this flu actually comes from pigs, yes?

So that would make it an accurate name.

:podpeople:

AFK

If there's ever a Pigeon Flu, or a Household Cat flu, we're all fucked, more. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on April 27, 2009, 06:16:17 PM

:podpeople:

You insensitive BASTARD!

:fresh:

Jenne

My husband this weekend said he wants to bathe the doors of mosques and temples in swine flu and film it to make people all squirmy.  But then, he tends to think like an asshole sometimes.

Then I hear on NPR about some fucker protesting it should be called "Mexican" flu instead, and it made me shake my fist in the air a bit.

Xooxe

Quote from: LMNO on April 27, 2009, 06:16:17 PM

Fuck knows.

Spanish flu didn't come from Spain or humans.