News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

THE INEVITABLE SWINE FLU THREAD: How bad is it where YOU are?

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, April 27, 2009, 03:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

i'm sort of wondering, once you got it, you're immune for the rest of the winter, right? (unless some random other strain of flu hits you)

and if they are right that at some point this winter 1/3rd of the population will be sick in bed (with all consequences for society and stuff), wouldnt it be better to like get it right now, instead of when everybody has it?

and does actually getting sick work better than a vaccination?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 01, 2009, 10:47:10 AM
i'm sort of wondering, once you got it, you're immune for the rest of the winter, right? (unless some random other strain of flu hits you)

and if they are right that at some point this winter 1/3rd of the population will be sick in bed (with all consequences for society and stuff), wouldnt it be better to like get it right now, instead of when everybody has it?

and does actually getting sick work better than a vaccination?

1) yes, unless it mutates...which viruses do. :|
2) probably not...seems hyperbolic, maybe in isolated areas--and yeah, I've heard the theory of getting sick now is better than waiting around for it
3) I think they work the same

The Johnny

I got sick last thursday and i was sooo wanting merciful death.

But now im ok.

Rather sooner than later i guess.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Captain Utopia

I think I has it. I have every symptom except respiratory-related and death. It's making me feel really slow and stupid.
:argh!: