THE INEVITABLE SWINE FLU THREAD: How bad is it where YOU are?

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, April 27, 2009, 03:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: fomenter on April 27, 2009, 06:53:44 PM
silly discordians this is gods way to punish humanity for idol worship and fix Americas illegal immigration problem
http://baptistsforbrown2008.wordpress.com/2009/04/26/swine-flu-gods-latest-punishment-of-idol-worship/
I'm calling Poe's Law on that. It's impossible to tell if that is satire or not.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

LMNO

I like the Madagascar reference.

Speaking of which, what if we tracked it like that game?

Corvidia

Eight cases across the state, the closest to me is about a four hour drive away.

:sad: I'm not looking forward to this summer, if it's not blown over by then. My parents are very vulnerable to illnesses like this and my mother teaches at a poor school. Like, half her classes go to Mexico over the summer. I'm not worried about *her* not washing her hands, but her kids sneezing on her or something and her catching it that way.
One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Hopeless in Xanadu

Welp, I've lurked on PD long enough. I might as well post now. It might be my last. *cough*

*cough*

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Hopeless in Xanadu on April 28, 2009, 12:45:54 AM
Welp, I've lurked on PD long enough. I might as well post now. It might be my last. *cough*

*cough*

Well shit, the extras are starting to die. I wonder if there are any plans this season to kill off any of our main characters?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Nast

Quote from: vexati0n on April 28, 2009, 12:52:06 AM

*cough*

Well shit, the extras are starting to die. I wonder if there are any plans this season to kill off any of our main characters?

Don't worry, he's not really dying.

He's just hamming it up.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

The Good Reverend Roger

*cough*

Fuck.  If I lived through a fucking heart attack just to kakk it over a flu, I am going to be PISSED OFF.

Who writes this fucking shit?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 28, 2009, 12:54:34 AM

*cough*

Fuck.  If I lived through a fucking heart attack just to kakk it over a flu, I am going to be PISSED OFF.

Edgar Allen Poe.

edit: I know there's a better joke here somewhere, I'm just too tired to take advantage of the opportunity.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 28, 2009, 12:54:34 AM

*cough*

I got a killer deal on a trailer-load of typewriters and a season pass to the primate zoo.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

BADGE OF HONOR

There's a big sign in the break room about the swine flu and how you should wash your hands.   :lulz:
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Jenne

My husband said they had to spend $$ in beefing up their precautions stock today in prep for the Swine Flu.  Basically, anyone with viral/flu-ish symptoms was treated like they had the plague/were lepors/had the Swine Flu.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

The Good Reverend Roger