News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

THE INEVITABLE SWINE FLU THREAD: How bad is it where YOU are?

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, April 27, 2009, 03:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Yάttᶿ on April 29, 2009, 05:20:09 AM
i had fun today,  :lulz:
told people i had pork chops for breakfast
then around mid afternoon i started "pretending" to cough on people
sadly i wasnt sent home early

WRONG!!!

you don't get it from eating PORK!!

and stop pm-ing me.
you're weirdin me out.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

LMNO

Quote from: Xooxe on April 29, 2009, 05:53:14 AM
Quote from: Laughtrack on April 29, 2009, 04:53:53 AM"Swine Flu Hemagglutinin": amino acid sequence as ambient music <--pretty neat.

Haha, I like the way they put that together. I wonder if there are any amino acid sequences out there that don't sound lonely.

That would depend on the notes chosen to represent the elements of the sequence, and the amount of repetition involved.

LMNO
-knows there's a lot of Order working behind the scenes for stuff like that.

Adios

:lulz:
I was at the hospital last night and there were signs on the entrance saying if you had flu symptoms to please not enter out of courtesy and respect for other patients.  :lulz:

True story.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Cramulus

This thread is now about posting ridiculous pictures of swine flu hysteria

LMNO

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

-Kel-

There's nothing in utah....but got a co worker quite pissed off at me for showing him this by Cram...here's the convo

(9:33 AM) Kel: http://www.scribd.com/doc/14764117/Do-You-Have-Swine-Flu-Hysteria
(9:34 AM) Kel: WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE OINK OINK OINK
(9:34 AM)  Moses: O.o
(9:34 AM)  Moses: Hey, don't joke about it.
(9:34 AM) Moses: Ever 40 to 60 years this happens.
(9:35 AM)  Moses: And we ALWAYS lose a good chunk of the population.
(9:35 AM) Moses: *ever = Every
(9:35 AM) Kel: oh
(9:35 AM) Moses: What? "oh"
(9:36 AM) Kel: i can't tell if your being sarcastic or not
(9:36 AM)  Moses: I'm serious as hell.
(9:37 AM) Moses: Laugh, and realize that millions could die.  Bunch of retards on the web will make those jokes.. and won't be around to have a good chuckle afterwards if this is one of those outbreaks.  Only reason we deal with the flu we do get usually is because we've developed immunity to the strains that are common to our species..
(9:37 AM)  Moses: Those from the Pig, or Bird, or any other animal, rip us apart.
(9:38 AM)  Moses: People who are 18 years old.. die.. just like the elderly, and the children.
(9:38 AM) Kel: i can see your point but there have only been 91 reported cases in the us and only one death in texas
(9:38 AM)  Moses: And I can tell you from experience.. only thing more depressing than an 18 year old dying.. is a kid.
(9:38 AM) Moses: Doesn't matter.. mobility in this country is much higher..
(9:39 AM) Moses: Containment doesn't work.
(9:39 AM) Kel: yeah i know, its airborn
(9:39 AM) Kel: good thing im going to a doc today
(9:39 AM)  Moses: -laughs- You can ask if you have the swine flu and contribute to the hysteria.
(9:40 AM) Moses: If you do get anything.. just don't come to work until you are well.

:lulz: :evil:

Sir Squid Diddimus

oh my god.
people are really freaking out about this thing.

a girl at work yesterday was nearly in tears because she was convinced there was a confirmed case of it in FL.

I just got over a flu that lasted 3 weeks? 4 weeks?
That shit was a bitch but it didn't kill me. I didn't have any shots or antibiotics and i lived.

Oh yeah, goin to Queens this weekend... maybe I'll bring it back here and kill everyone  :roll:

Payne

I reckon if it was actually dangerous, we'd all be fucked over here anyway.

Two confirmed cases in Scotland are in hospital not all that far from P3nT. He'd be all over that, then he'd be all over everyone else spreading it around.

He isn't, thus it must be safe.

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Jenne

Well, I'm getting on a plane at close to 7 am tomorrow morning.  Maybe I'll get scanned by one of these: http://www.slate.com/id/2217148/ and be pulled aside and put in quarantine.