News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

Rev Roger, Sermon #63: Too Old to Rock N Roll

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 28, 2009, 03:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Quote from: Lysergic on April 28, 2009, 03:58:50 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on April 28, 2009, 03:23:50 PM
Quote from: Faust on April 28, 2009, 03:20:05 PM
Quote from: Lysergic on April 28, 2009, 03:08:40 PM
Quote from: Faust on April 28, 2009, 01:48:29 PM
:mittens:
This is something that scares the shit out of me. I have spent my early twenties studying and leading a fairly monastic life. Theres never time to do all the stuff I want to do.

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on April 28, 2009, 01:21:17 PM
I don't think whether or not you can bang teenagers was the point of the rant.
He ALWAYS drags it back to something similar. something about being insecure and needing us to know about the insignificant shit in his life.

Ok, look, I apoligise for once again making this about "me" and my insignificant details in my life.

This has just officially though become my favourate TGRR rant EVER though, for more reasons they you guys would care about since its "insignificant" anyway.
oh man this post totally reminds me of the time i was fucking this chick

Don't despair dude you can totally do that shit again. Let me teach you how. I , like, fuck chicks all the time.

Ah if only you guys knew the truth, then you'd know why I'm sitting here with a big stupid grin on my face not caring that you're making fun of my character.
:lulz:

we dont need to make fun of your character, you are a gross stereotype who delivers on it all the time.
I don't care whatever uninteresting frat cliché has you grinning
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Faust

Quote from: Faust on April 28, 2009, 05:37:18 PM
This is something that scares the shit out of me. I have spent my early twenties studying and leading a fairly monastic life. Theres never time to do all the stuff I want to do.

He ALWAYS drags it back to something similar. something about being insecure and needing us to know about the insignificant shit in his life.

Ok, look, I apoligise for once again making this about "me" and my insignificant details in my life.

This has just officially though become my favourate TGRR rant EVER though, for more reasons they you guys would care about since its "insignificant" anyway.

Don't despair dude you can totally do that shit again. Let me teach you how. I , like, fuck chicks all the time.

Ah if only you guys knew the truth, then you'd know why I'm sitting here with a big stupid grin on my face not caring that you're making fun of my character.

we dont need to make fun of your character, you are a gross stereotype who delivers on it all the time.
I care so little about you making fun of my character.
heres a response to tell you how little i care.
*oh shit i haven't reminded people what a player i am in this post*
I just typed out this response with my dick while it was being licked up and down by a greasy barely legal tart, I'm that much of a player.

Lies

Quote from: Faust on April 28, 2009, 05:39:42 PM
Quote from: Faust on April 28, 2009, 05:37:18 PM

I care so little about you making fun of my character.
heres a response to tell you how little i care.
*oh shit i haven't reminded people what a player i am in this post*
I just typed out this response with my dick while it was being licked up and down by a greasy barely legal tart, I'm that much of a player.
That really hurt my feelings Faust :(
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Lies

And just before this goes any further, I apoligise to Rog for fucking up this thread.

Didn't realize that trying to say that even 40 year olds can still pick up was going to offend because apparently its all about me.

I really do love this rant and it is my favourate, and I feel horrible for having this stupid shit happen again here.
- Oh it exists, and how!

fomenter

i like this rant too, as a over 40 who's brain says "i can still rock" but who's life says "ya right" i feel it.. but i will get it back together,
do some training get in shape a little practice and i will hang with the kids again..
i will get my old ass back out there.... but not today of course i have to act my age today, responsibilities you know.. and wisdom i cant afford to be sore in the face of tomorrow's responsibilities, been down that road when i was young wont make that mistake again...
but i will do it yes sir, if the brain says i can still rock i can still rock... why would my brain lie to me...

for womping

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Triple Zero

Quote from: Lysergic on April 28, 2009, 05:59:22 PM
Didn't realize that trying to say that even 40 year olds can still pick up was going to offend because apparently its all about me.

no it's not what you said, but how you said it that makes it all about you.

the difference between:

- 40 year olds can still pick up young girls, I've seen it happen and she was real gorgeous too

and:

- this one time I was seeing this real gorgeous girl and she left me for a 40 year old guy. at least it shows me that I can still pick up gorgeous-looking babes when I'll be 40

see the difference? for your convenience I highlighted the bits that were just about you, and not about how 40 year old people can pick up beautiful young girls.

this is the point they are trying to make, and I have to admit, I like you Lys but I'm starting to see the point yeah. when telling a story, for some reason, you seem to feel the need to always tie in a substory that is about how you are or were with some girl or other. which is not that much of a problem, unless you consistently do it in 4 out of every 5 posts you make.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Lies

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 28, 2009, 07:09:20 PM

the difference between:

- 40 year olds can still pick up young girls, I've seen it happen and she was real gorgeous too

and:

- this one time I was seeing this real gorgeous girl and she left me for a 40 year old guy. at least it shows me that I can still pick up gorgeous-looking babes when I'll be 40

see the difference? for your convenience I highlighted the bits that were just about you, and not about how 40 year old people can pick up beautiful young girls.

this is the point they are trying to make, and I have to admit, I like you Lys but I'm starting to see the point yeah. when telling a story, for some reason, you seem to feel the need to always tie in a substory that is about how you are or were with some girl or other. which is not that much of a problem, unless you consistently do it in 4 out of every 5 posts you make.
Well, it was all meant very tongue in cheek.
But I can see how it makes me look like a douche too.
My apoligies.
- Oh it exists, and how!

Faust

Quote from: Lysergic on April 28, 2009, 07:32:12 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on April 28, 2009, 07:09:20 PM

the difference between:

and:

Well, it was all meant very tongue in cheek.
But I can see how it makes me look like a douche too.
My apoligies.
good, because I am going to be pointing this out every time i see it.
I wouldn't have done so in rogers thread if it wasn't so fucking irritating.

LMNO

Quote from: Faust on April 28, 2009, 07:36:07 PM
good, because I am going to be pointing this out every time i see it.

If you're going to, may I request that you make each instance amusing and entertaining?

Otherwise, it won't be much fun to read you castigating him every time he posts like that.

AFK

You should do it in metered rhyme.  Or circular obfuscation. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

AFK

Just work in the french phrase "ferme la bouche" 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

fomenter

hmroogp

Dysfunctional Cunt

Well for the record, I don't pick up hot teenage girls.....

:|

LMNO