News:

Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

Get Out!

Started by Cainad (dec.), May 02, 2009, 06:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Don't you know what you're getting in to?

You're coming dangerously close to becoming one of the fringe loonies. You laugh at their weird jokes, ponder their quirky sayings, and maybe you've even read some of their bizarre essays and publications. Maybe you've even thought, once or twice, that there just might be something worthwhile amidst all their crackpot buffoonery.

For crying out loud, get out while you still can.

They might have some novelty value, but ultimately they're nothing but a modern mental circus act. A freak show of ideas. A little playing around with one's imagination is all well and good, but that's all it is: playing around. At the end of the day, we all need to come back down to the kind of thinking that keeps our society running smoothly. How are you supposed to get any real work done if you're off in La-La Land, questioning your motives and the motives of others?

We do what we do in our everyday lives because that's what we need. It's what you need, and it's what society needs. The fringe loonies like to make up fairy tales and science fiction stories about what's "really" going on inside our heads. There's nothing substantial about what they say. You know as well as we do that you're a completely rational person, and there's always a good reason for what you do, even if you can't remember exactly what it is at any given moment.

So quit listening to their ridiculous ranting sermons, quit reading their obnoxious psychobabble, and go back to reputable sources of ideas. Television, mainstream news; stuff like that keeps society happily humming along like it is.

I mean, you don't want things to start changing, do you?

The Good Reverend Roger

RAH!

I did one like this, a few years back.

I like your ending way better, though.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Penumbral

:mittens:

I like it. I have written in the same vain as well. Very good job.

Cramulus

Cainad (dec.)

Thanks guys. The first half of this was sitting on my desktop for like a month, and last night I finally got the inspiration to finish it.

Novatore

Thanks for sharing this,

the internet is the perfect ghetto, anyone can step in and out anytime they wish peruse the freak show then go back to their nightly news (pronounced NOOSE).

But the freakshow is gaining ground, the internet is more infectious than most people realize and it infects the freaks and those who consider themselve's normal.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Novatore on May 03, 2009, 06:42:24 PM
Thanks for sharing this,

the internet is the perfect ghetto, anyone can step in and out anytime they wish peruse the freak show then go back to their nightly news (pronounced NOOSE).

But the freakshow is gaining ground, the internet is more infectious than most people realize and it infects the freaks and those who consider themselve's normal.

:bacon:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Novatore

Honey

Quote from: Cainad on May 02, 2009, 06:54:41 PM

They might have some novelty value, but ultimately they're nothing but a modern mental circus act. A freak show of ideas. A little playing around with one's imagination is all well and good, but that's all it is: playing around. At the end of the day, we all need to come back down to the kind of thinking that keeps our society running smoothly. How are you supposed to get any real work done if you're off in La-La Land, questioning your motives and the motives of others?
I mean, you don't want things to start changing, do you?

Bravo Cainad!  I like the above phrasing especially, "a modern mental circus act. A freak show of ideas."  Very nicely put!  Answering the question with a question at the end there is sympatico!  :mittens:   
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

Dysfunctional Cunt

:mittens:

This is great!  I like it!

chaoflux

it would be great to have this on file read aloud by you  :mrgreen:
yall are bigger dorks than I am

Faithless

Oh, sonovabitch.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: chaoflux on May 04, 2009, 03:45:03 PM
it would be great to have this on file read aloud by you  :mrgreen:

JUST FOR YUO, MY 5000th POST IS:

http://ifile.it/3jb8h1o

I wish I had a more badass voice. :sad:

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Regret on May 06, 2009, 07:06:27 PM
RFD FUEL!!!!!!

Heck, we should get more people to record their rants (or get others to record for them). That would fill up a good chunk of time.