News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

SeedGASM

Started by Crazzee, May 06, 2009, 01:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

If you are really going to do this, then I would mix your seeds in with a bit of dry fertilizer and put them in a ziplock bag then sprinkle the combination wherever.  That will hep the seeds grow in places other stuff hasn't or won't.

LMNO

If you wanted more Mindfuck potential, with a little planning you could design patterns or spell out words; uniform-colored flowers with high contrast to the area around it would work best.

Dysfunctional Cunt

There is this group here in St. Louis who plant daffodil bulbs along the side of the highway in smiley face shapes. 

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cramulus on May 11, 2009, 01:38:59 PM
I wonder what seeds are best to poke in there...? what plants will need the least amount of care possible, and can grow in filthy stressful conditions?

Sjaantze does landscaping and has a pretty extensive knowledge of plants... maybe she has some ideas on plants that would grow well in rough conditions...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: LMNO on May 11, 2009, 03:08:31 PM
If you wanted more Mindfuck potential, with a little planning you could design patterns or spell out words; uniform-colored flowers with high contrast to the area around it would work best.

Damn you for beating me to this.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: Ratatosk on May 11, 2009, 07:27:12 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on May 11, 2009, 01:38:59 PM
I wonder what seeds are best to poke in there...? what plants will need the least amount of care possible, and can grow in filthy stressful conditions?

Sjaantze does landscaping and has a pretty extensive knowledge of plants... maybe she has some ideas on plants that would grow well in rough conditions...

Cram:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=hardy+plants&aq=f&oq=

for a few ideas...

realistically, most plants that have a good cold/frost resistence are ideal. Also, low water-need plants work rather well. Also, cross check your seeds for the best times to plant, which varies from region to region. Yonkers is going to be vastly different growing conditions from the San Joaquin Valley.

Also also:
Carrots and the like, while practical, don't catch many eyes. Perhaps something like a Free Food patch with a perimeter of catchy, flashy flowers or something. Even just a sign in the area will alert the hungry that edibles are present. Personally, i have about 7 cherry tomato plants i'm planting in a local park where bums and such hang out a lot (i had this idea during the winter, and similar ones previously, but thought it too hippy for this board...alas). They'll have food starting around mid-summer from these plants (If they survive). the best part here is that cherry tomatoes are so prolific, just a few plants this year will mean quite a few more next year.

Okay, so i like plants. Call me a Volks Vegan.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Crazzee

Heh. I'm not sure about types, or whether or not the few I've got planted are going to survive long enough to actually sprout up. I should get some bulbs, they pretty much survive on their own, it seems. My mom's got a bunch of them, and without ever watering them, they all manage to sprout up every year.
>_>

Triple Zero

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerilla_gardening anyone?

also, about planting stuff into patterns, I think a whila ago I read in O:MF an idea to plant thicker, longer grass in letters or shapes in grass fields. Takes a few weeks before it appears, but after that it's incredibly hard to remove, even for years to follow. It's probably also considered vandalism on public property.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Crazzee

Quote from: Triple Zero on May 11, 2009, 11:56:25 PM
also, about planting stuff into patterns, I think a whila ago I read in O:MF an idea to plant thicker, longer grass in letters or shapes in grass fields. Takes a few weeks before it appears, but after that it's incredibly hard to remove, even for years to follow. It's probably also considered vandalism on public property.
Wait, how do you do that? Just more grass seed, or do you mean a different kind of grass?
>_>

Cramulus

It's probably also considered vandalism on public property.

yeah I bet you're right

but getting a vandalism ticket for planting flowers ? that's kind of rad!    in some sense

Madigan T Nubilous

Sorry I hit your car, you shouldn't even notice the damage.

fomenter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerilla_gardening anyone?

interesting idea, long dark grass in a short light colored lawn or vice versa, spelling out words or pictures..
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Dysfunctional Cunt

Watermelons!

I have decided to go with watermelons.  :mrgreen:

Iron Sulfide

just found my unused stash of seeds. watermelons, cantelopes, peas, tomatoes, peppers to name a few.

april-june seems to be the best all-around time frame with some of my seeds prefering mid may. awesome timing i guess.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Reference Xeriscaping for ideas on plants that won't need as much water as most garden variety plants. It's been designed for water conservation concepts, but it looks like it would transfer to seedGASMing as well.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson