News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

Songs?

Started by matthewsquires, May 07, 2009, 05:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthewsquires

I'm new to Discordianism, as in spent the past week absorbing it, I haven't gotten a chance to write a song influenced by discordianism, but I assure people I will.

My band is recording an EP later this month.  Some demos of songs that'll be on that album are found at:

www.myspace.com/matthewsquiresmusic

They're all like different with my full band, so I'll be sure to post a topic that has the finished product once it's done.  Check out the song Adaptation.  I'm proud of it.

My voice is strange.  deal with it, or just turn it off or whatever floats your boat.   But I'm new to this forum so get back to me if you have nothing better to do.

Roaring Biscuit!

Quote from: matthewsquires on May 07, 2009, 05:42:05 PM
I'm new to Discordianism, as in spent the past week absorbing it, I haven't gotten a chance to write a song influenced by discordianism, but I assure people I will.

My band is recording an EP later this month.  Some demos of songs that'll be on that album are found at:

www.myspace.com/matthewsquiresmusic

They're all like different with my full band, so I'll be sure to post a topic that has the finished product once it's done.  Check out the song Adaptation.  I'm proud of it.

My voice is strange.  deal with it, or just turn it off or whatever floats your boat.   But I'm new to this forum so get back to me if you have nothing better to do.

I listened to a few songs, I thought adaptation was pretty cool too.

I don't mind your voice (tis a little odd :wink: ) but just make sure (like in adaptation), when you do the higher bits you get the note spot on.  Practice and confidence  :)

matthewsquires

Thanks for the advice.  I'm starting to actually think about melodies more and am practicing them.  but I used to have this view that vocal melodies distracted from the lyrics and wasn't really trying to hit any particular notes.

Roaring Biscuit!

Quote from: matthewsquires on May 07, 2009, 06:15:43 PM
Thanks for the advice.  I'm starting to actually think about melodies more and am practicing them.  but I used to have this view that vocal melodies distracted from the lyrics and wasn't really trying to hit any particular notes.

Yeh i totally know what you mean, it seems quite common in music that either the melody or the lyrics are dominant, certainly don't need to overdo it melody wise (e.g. Dylan, far from an amazing singer, but he got his points across pretty damned well)