News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

I nominate George W Bush for Discordian Sainthood.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 26, 2004, 11:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guido Finucci

Quote from: Prince Tao JonesWhen we do start doing some insignificant disordian activities we'll probably just start our own website otherwise we'll embarrass the hell out of  this one...

If we come and play with you will you teach us to be cool too?

Demonica, Oracle of Doom

Quote from: Guido Finucci
Quote from: Prince Tao JonesWhen we do start doing some insignificant disordian activities we'll probably just start our own website otherwise we'll embarrass the hell out of  this one...

If we come and play with you will you teach us to be cool too?

If anyone can..............Tao can.

If think we should nominate him as "High Saint of Hot Air"

http://www.n3kl.org/sun/noaa.html

"I don't want the world.
I just want your half."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Prince Tao JonesWhen we do start doing some significant disordian activities we'll probably just start our own website otherwise out of embarrassment of this one, because this one doesn't really seem to reflect anything that's in the principia, rather more often thant not contradicts it, which is why I left Christianity because it contradicted it's own bible, and why I come here and rag on them. I'm not going to come here to see people here contradicting themselves the same way.

On this holy day, the idea of GW being sainted was unanimously rejected on the grounds of total absurdity and due to it being an anerisian, greyfaced, proposal.

1.  "Significant discordian activities"?  Like dressing up guys in burkhas?  Well, that will bring the greyfaces to their very KNEES! :lol:

2.  Too bad.  I just vetoed your unilateral unanimous vote.  And dissolved parliment.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PrincessEris von TartarusOr does anyone want to cannonize Adolf Hitler or maybe Saddam Hussein?  :twisted: They also caused enough havoc.

Yeah, but they weren't funny.

Besides, havoc is one thing.  Continous fuckups and snafus are quite another.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

PrincessEris von Tartarus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: PrincessEris von TartarusOr does anyone want to cannonize Adolf Hitler or maybe Saddam Hussein?  :twisted: They also caused enough havoc.

I think hitler had something definetley funny of wich he was really not concious.
Atomic Assassin - Die Attentäterin - DIA/DND
International Mush Mullah with Tao Jones

Ich liebe dich mein wunderbarer Kohlkopfkiller! Du hast mein
Herz erwärmt und lässt meine Gedanken erblühen und meine Muschi glühen.... *g*

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PrincessEris von Tartarus

I think hitler had something definetley funny of wich he was really not concious.

His silly mustache?

Prince Tao Jones

Quote from: PrincessEris von Tartarus

His silly mustache?

The fact that he was 1/4 jewish
New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common.  Locke, John

"It is by acts and not ideas that people live" - Anatole France

"Our wretched species is so mad that those who walk on the well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are showing a new road" - Voltaire

"The people to fear are not those who disagree with you, but those who disagree with you and are too cowardly to let you know" - Napoleon

"Everyone wishes to have truth on his side, but not everyone wishes to be on the side of truth." - Richard Whately

The way we live is the evidence of what we really want in life, no matter what we may say.
Charles Templeton

I GOT PINKED!!!!

Abolish the Atlantic in 2004

Prince Tao Jones

Quote from: chaosgraves:agentoferis
Quote from: Prince Tao Jones
Quote from: Prince Tao Jones
Quote from: Prince Tao Joneson the grounds of total absurdity
I think this is the reason it was suggested

Ah the church goer.

Sure you weren't clergy? They can spin that bible by taking out little exerpts too, that take the meaning out of context.
I dont go to churches as I tend to get kicked out of them...and while yes most can spin that bible by takeing out little excerpts i can usually defend what is really there ( and I usually tend to do this instead of complaining that they took it out of context unless I have no other defence)... so you admit that it was absurd but now say that you didn't mean that it was absurd?!?!?

Our Kabal Saints those that jake, mindfuck, and promote anti-cabbage propaganda.

It excommunicates those like GW and other grey faces.

To cannonize a Greyface would be ABSURD.

Moreover, his reason was due to the fact that he creates chaos which is the wrong type of chaos, and Rev believes in opposition for oppostion's sake which is anerisian, according to the principia, according to this forum, but you can read in detail in the Kill me thread for more on that.

I'm sure you could also be right that it was ironic humor, yet got caught up in the current climate to prove a point, but the point that no one's getting is that a lot of people have been disappearing from the forum, and EVT and I have been bored or just sick of banal circular arguments in the name of negative chaos, which is what our cabbagey right wing parents shovel on us all the time. We don't come her for more of it, or to argue for argument's sake, and are trying to prove the point that destructive chaos is nasty and needs to be cut down on, on a principia board, or we'll probably stop comming here.

When we do start doing some significant disordian activities we'll probably just start our own website otherwise out of embarrassment of this one, because this one doesn't really seem to reflect anything that's in the principia, rather more often thant not contradicts it, which is why I left Christianity because it contradicted it's own bible, and why I come here and rag on them. I'm not going to come here to see people here contradicting themselves the same way.

On this holy day, the idea of GW being sainted was unanimously rejected on the grounds of total absurdity and due to it being an anerisian, greyfaced, proposal.
so what your telling me is that because I admitted that i'm a christian that you have targeted that one character "defect" so you can feel justified in attaking me. I hope you realize that i do not approve of this man sending thousands to their death...

but I think that he said some hillarious things(Dumb but funny)...

I would like to hear of your defense of Yossarian participateing in the murders of innocents and how the fact that he was only a fictional character and so more able to acheive perfection...

yes destuctive chaos is bad... but do you honestly think that Bush would see it as an honor to be a discordian Saint?!?!?

I think not... I am personaly planning on sending him a poster that lets him know he's a Saint.

dubya we dubya the first cabbage saint on the records of discordian history and we hope you think of us the next time poppa asks you to do something you know is wrong... we hope you really don't think what you are doing is a good thing dubya, because we know that every man woman and child is a discordian pope, and we are getting tired of our fellow popes treating others wrong when we should be treating them right good forever...

but of course you wouldn't want him ... he's one of them.

bill hicks said to choose between fear and love and this christian is going to choose love. I hope you can forgive me for what others have done to you in the past and join me on this... lets not argue about weather or not he should be... we all should be... but how to get him there.

Let me put it another way.

We are here for the irony.

It's ironic to saint a roach, and old kooks who print their own money and declare themselves emperor.

Why?

Because the conventional church would find this the anti-thesis of sainthood.

therefore, it's funny.

To saint someone who is not the antithesis of a saint and someone a lot of mainstream church goers hold in high regard is not ironic.

It is ironic only to a group that is already ironic, which the being ironic to the ironic makes you non-ironic, they cancel each other out.

Either way it was not ironic, just incorrect. A wrong understanding of principian chaos, if that's funny feel free and laugh, I'm not joining you.
New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common.  Locke, John

"Our wretched species is so mad that those who walk on the well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are showing a new road" - Voltaire

"The people to fear are not those who disagree with you, but those who disagree with you and are too cowardly to let you know" - Napoleon

"Everyone wishes to have truth on his side, but not everyone wishes to be on the side of truth." - Richard Whately

The way we live is the evidence of what we really want in life, no matter what we may say.
Charles Templeton

I GOT PINKED!!!!

Guido Finucci

Quote from: Prince Tao JonesIt is ironic only to a group that is already ironic, which the being ironic to the ironic makes you no-ironic.

Either way it was not ironic, just incorrect.

That assumes that there are only two states, ironic and non-ironic, and that meta-irony (if i can call it that, realising that it is a true name, a false name and a meaningless name) is just a bit-filp back into non-irony.

Personally I think that isn't the case; I think that meta-irony is just a third point on some great big Mandelbrot-like tentacle of irony. And that sounds TISSFISSAMISS to me.

I have seen the colour of irony and it is orange.

P.S. it isn't ironic to canonise old kooks who print their own money and get away with declaring themselves Emperor. That guy deserves to be a saint.

Prince Tao Jones

OK, I can therefore now find meta-irony intelectually stimulting, thus am now free to laugh.

Thank you.

I'm in tears. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Charles Templeton

I GOT PINKED!!!!

chaosgraves:agentoferis

I like you prince...but only because...

that sarcasm might be considered Ironic by the likes of one miss alanis morisette...
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Malaul

Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Horab Fibslager

i remmebered this yesterday but anyways, does anyone remember the old ELF site that had monthly saints of eris or avatars or someat? they sainted or honoured george walker bush sr, saddam hussein, and margaret thatcher to name a few(they only had a few more as i recall) all of which are respected members of their respective faiths. how ironic that discordians somewhere else could break the irony barrier, and allow irregular irony to sit on the same parts of the bus and use the same toilets as normal and accepted irony. for shame and beernuts!
Hell is other people.

Bella

I vaguely remember something about that horab.
What were they thinking?

Slap them with a splintered ruler!
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here