News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

I nominate George W Bush for Discordian Sainthood.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 26, 2004, 11:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

It depends on who you ask.  You can find "credible" sources saying either.

AFK

My guess is it did happen but that it wasn't "every" computer.  Probably a molehill raised to mountain status. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mourning Star

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 02, 2004, 06:44:51 AM
Quote from: Prince Tao JonesWhen we do start doing some significant disordian activities we'll probably just start our own website otherwise out of embarrassment of this one, because this one doesn't really seem to reflect anything that's in the principia, rather more often thant not contradicts it, which is why I left Christianity because it contradicted it's own bible, and why I come here and rag on them. I'm not going to come here to see people here contradicting themselves the same way.

On this holy day, the idea of GW being sainted was unanimously rejected on the grounds of total absurdity and due to it being an anerisian, greyfaced, proposal.

1.  "Significant discordian activities"?  Like dressing up guys in burkhas?  Well, that will bring the greyfaces to their very KNEES! :lol:

2.  Too bad.  I just vetoed your unilateral unanimous vote.  And dissolved parliment.

Do these fuckos not understand that discordianism is not something to be dogmatized and canonized?  That the principia is not the end all be all of all information worth knowing of discordia?  That Mal was fucking STONED when he wrote that shit and that the whole point of it was to slap your brain and say "THINK FOR YOURSELF FUCKERS!" as you, roger, stated.  #5 A discordian is forbidden believing what he reads.

The principia, specifically the pentabarf, gives you "rules" and then encourages you to break them...  there's a point to this...  Maybe I don't "get it" or maybe they don't...  But this shit is blazingly fucking obvious to me, that's (part) of what I got out of it...and these fuckers are taking it like it's the holy fucking word of Christomohammedimechagodzillamoses

gah... I'm so annoyed by this fuckwit I can't think straight.  I'll finish reading the thread tonight, but Roger, I hope you raped them, HARD.

~Angel
Obviously the only real discordian here (Yes, that's sarcasm)

faust

It looked to me like they just liked the idea of discordianism as an elitist circle jerk, hence the I AM THE MORE DISCORDIAN THEN YOU shit.

Real and true discordians  :roll:
everyone knows that real discordians generally lead solitary lives, except for mothers attending her cubs, or males and females during mating season. True discordians form temporary groups only when food is plentiful in a small area. Alaskan true discordians group in the same area to feed on salmon during the annual salmon runs, when the fish swim upriver to reach their spawning grounds. Other true discordians may live alone but exist in a social network. A male and female may live in an overlapping home range, each defending their range from other true discordians of the same sex. Male young usually leave their mothers to live in other areas, but females often live in an area that overlaps that of their mother.

True discordians travel over large territories in search of food, remembering the details of the landscape they cover. They use their excellent memories to return to locations where food was plentiful in past years or seasons. Most true discordians are able to climb trees to chase prey or gain access to additional vegetation. The only exceptions are polar true discordians and large adult true discordians, whose heavy weight makes it difficult to climb trees.

Some of the larger species, such as the polar discordians and the grizzly discordian, are dangerous to humans, especially in areas where they have become used to people. For the most part, discordians are shy and are easily frightened of humans. They will, however, defend their cubs ferociously if a situation calls for it.

LMNO

That was a lot more clever than I was expecting, Faust.

faust

thats because Its not mine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bears#Behavior

I can understand quality, I just cant articulate it very well however I can mock poor quality fairly well, too long as a troll or something. maybe one day I will be able, but until then I will lurk more.

LMNO

I realize you yoinked it, I was speaking more about the find/replace gag.

faust

most of my posts are parody, open mockery or obscure references, not much content though.

B_M_W

Quote from: faust on January 29, 2007, 08:41:29 PM
thats because Its not mine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bears#Behavior

I can understand quality, I just cant articulate it very well however I can mock poor quality fairly well, too long as a troll or something. maybe one day I will be able, but until then I will lurk more.

I recognized it immediatly and found it hilarious.

Biologists dig that kind of shit.  :lulz:
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

faust

Is darwin a saint? if not, why not?
also I would like to suggest this guy:
you need an account to see the profile.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=58811
I am nominating the poster for a sainthood to be the saint of trolls, not the man.  He goes by the username brendle.
His posts are some of the most ironic, well written funny and mean trolls I have ever seen, they are amongst, if not the best on the net.
His avatar is always a tonberry, I used it here for a while while I was looking for a good new one, the tonberry is a monster from a computer game thats signiture weapons are a lamp and knife, it slowly walks towards you before stabbing and is the perfect picture for his posts, most of which are gold.
you can find a couple of his trolls on youtube in some comments example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KcHjnvteV8

He made a Ulyesses thread when a book forum opened up on sa, I could not tell weather he really loved it, or that it was  it was posted for the ironic value, because of ulyesses reputation as unreadable.

Cain

We don't have permission to look at his profile.

faust

I know, I considered posting about him here, but I realized its near impossible to show you the good stuff because I have just picked up on bits over the last couple of years.
If there was a saint of trolls though, it should be him or James Joyce.

Cain

Mourning Star, I also suggest reading Irreverend Hugh's Sermon 38, Roger's Heresy 4 (I think) and the Ramadan Jake thread for the majority of the fallout and subsequent flounce.

Cain

LMNO