News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

I nominate George W Bush for Discordian Sainthood.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 26, 2004, 11:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Malaul

Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Prince Tao Jones

EVT and the entire Yogi Bear Cabal met on Sunday at the Dom Cathedral in Cologne where thousands of punks, goths, industrial, and other subculture freaks meet each year.

On this holy day, the idea of GW being sainted was unanimously rejected on the grounds of total absurdity and due to it being an anerisian, greyfaced, proposal.
New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common.  Locke, John

"It is by acts and not ideas that people live" - Anatole France

"Our wretched species is so mad that those who walk on the well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are showing a new road" - Voltaire

"The people to fear are not those who disagree with you, but those who disagree with you and are too cowardly to let you know" - Napoleon

"Everyone wishes to have truth on his side, but not everyone wishes to be on the side of truth." - Richard Whately

The way we live is the evidence of what we really want in life, no matter what we may say.
Charles Templeton

I GOT PINKED!!!!

Abolish the Atlantic in 2004

Creepy Guest

Quote from: Prince Tao JonesEVT and the entire Yogi Bear Cabal met on Sunday at the Dom Cathedral in Cologne where thousands of punks, goths, industrial, and other subculture freaks meet each year.

On this holy day, the idea of GW being sainted was unanimously rejected on the grounds of total absurdity and due to it being an anerisian, greyfaced, proposal.

sheep herd mentality of the masses?

Prince Tao Jones

I'm assuming that isn't realated to the proposal as the Kabal could never be considered a mass.

Regarding the gathering, I wasn't there and EVT didn't find it that great. I agree that the underground subcultures can get as conformist as the mainstream, yet in Europe it isn't as bad as the American counterparts, that ussually are a painted version of mainstream cliques, and popularity contests.

However Euros tend to be far more individualistic. Their exteriors may look similar, yet each person is far less predictable and far more independantly minded and dynamic.

The holy bit is them fucking up a Christian Holy day by hanging around one of the world's grandest cathedrals in cabbage frightening garb during that day.
New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common.  Locke, John

"It is by acts and not ideas that people live" - Anatole France

"Our wretched species is so mad that those who walk on the well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are showing a new road" - Voltaire

"The people to fear are not those who disagree with you, but those who disagree with you and are too cowardly to let you know" - Napoleon

"Everyone wishes to have truth on his side, but not everyone wishes to be on the side of truth." - Richard Whately

The way we live is the evidence of what we really want in life, no matter what we may say.
Charles Templeton

I GOT PINKED!!!!

Abolish the Atlantic in 2004

Guido Finucci

Quote from: AnonymousWhy?

Look, if you're going to troll at least have the decency to create a user account so we know what to call you when we're talking about you in our secret meetings.

Bella

We have secret meetings?

How did I miss the memo on that one?
It's probably in the mess on my desk, isn't it?
just like in a dream

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Prince Tao JonesEVT and the entire Yogi Bear Cabal met on Sunday at the Dom Cathedral in Cologne where thousands of punks, goths, industrial, and other subculture freaks meet each year.

So what?  Their authority is based on WHAT, exactly?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of Doom
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of Doom
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: Colonel Failure***meanwhile, in SssBella's sack...***

Ack! stupid sack... stupid gum in my hair... stupid elbow in my ribs...

Hey...

Tom? Dude, can I get yer autograph? My mom would put me back in her will for your autograph...

Jimmy Hoffa's in there, too.

Or so I've heard.
Really?

Would you and Horab mind taking a little peek just to make sure?
There's a couple of sixpacks in there......I promissssss.

Oh, well, back into the bag.

Though I walk through the shadow of the valley of Sacktopia,
I shall fear no evil, because I'm the man with the beat-stick.
You have rendered me speechless, Roger.
Not an easy task for anyone.

Unfortunately for me, I'm laughing so hard that I dropped my sack of men and everyone has escaped.
Demonica's gonna be so cranky about it.....it was a present for her.  :evil:

Oh well, I can always catch more later.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bella

Now you're proud of yourself for making me speechless, aren't you, Roger?
just like in a dream

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomNow you're proud of yourself for making me speechless, aren't you, Roger?

BTW:  Heresy #4 is up.

Bella

just like in a dream

Demonica, Oracle of Doom

Quote from: Guido Finucci
Quote from: AnonymousWhy?

Look, if you're going to troll at least have the decency to create a user account so we know what to call you when we're talking about you in our secret meetings.

Sorry Guido.................... log in failed   :oops:

This was my only post as guest that I didn't say 'oops' after
posting.

(phone rang)

Can I keep the can of troll repellant?

http://www.n3kl.org/sun/noaa.html

"I don't want the world.
I just want your half."

Guido Finucci

Quote from: Duchess DemonicaSorry Guido.................... log in failed   :oops:
<snip>
Can I keep the can of troll repellant?

No worries. Now you too can talk about you in secret meetings.

You can keep all the cans that you have.