News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

I nominate George W Bush for Discordian Sainthood.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 26, 2004, 11:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: CNN::sculking in the background::

That can't be good.

I haven't seen much coverage of the Jihaad.  Get on the stick, already.
I'm sure you've seen the coverage by now... they didn't even poke me with a stick.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

The Commander

Quote from: Rev.VerthaineI disagree. Bush causes havoc, but only the Goddess can cause chaos.Now Clinton,that was a discordian.I love the fact that on the last days of his administration,his staff trashed the place,and removed the letter W (23rd letter of the alphabet) from all the computers. At best,Bush is a unrealized Eristic Avatar.,which is quite different from being an erisian.

If anyone is familiar with Al Franken and "Lies and the Lieing Liers who tell them", but he has facts to debunk the story of the Clintonnites trashing the place.   Just a quick little aside...it was actually DIA agents who did it.  In fact, I think the Duchess was personally incharge of that operation.

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA
Discordian Intelligence Agency

The Commander

Perhaps the problem here is just a matter of terminology.  If one considers a Saint to be one who inspires, and I think this has been mentioned in the thread already, then while GWB does not act like a typical Erisian Saint, he certainly inspires others to "NOT" act like him.  Perhaps those inspired to not act like him will find themselves acting in a more "Erisian" manner.  Therefore, his actions have the potential to create more Discordians.  I say this is a good thing.

Let us create a new order of Sainthood, specifically designed for those "cabbages" or "greyfaces" whose actions inspire Discordians to take action, or drive others to discover Discordianism.

George W Bush, first Saint of the Order of the Cabbage...????

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA

Bella

Hi Commander!
Nice to see your avatar again. :P

This sounds like a good idea to me.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

The Commander

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomHi Commander!

Nice to be seen.  I have been on a mission recently, and had to keep a low profile.  Top secret stuff....reall hush hush...

Actually, I am just lazy....but don't let anyone else know that.

The Commander
The Commander
DIA

Bella

Quote from: The Commander
Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomHi Commander!

Nice to be seen.  I have been on a mission recently, and had to keep a low profile.  Top secret stuff....reall hush hush...

Actually, I am just lazy....but don't let anyone else know that.

The Commander
My lips are ssssealed Commander.
Honessst...I won't tell a soul. We lazy folk have to stick together.

I see you're stirring up a Karma turf war.

Sounds like fun. :twisted:
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

The Commander

If there is anyway we can turn it into a Surf and Turf war...please let me know.  

Two great tastes that go great together.

What is this I hear about a COUP?

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA

Lazy Bella

Surf and Turf war sounds even better to me too.

I'm hungry right now.

Are you referring to the Jihad, Commander?
Lardy, that was fun......in fact, it's still happening. :twisted:

The Commander

I read part of the one thread by CNN, but I haven't seen much more than that.

What sort of sauce goes best with Schism?

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA

The Commander

Wow...I go away for a couple of months and the DIA falls into ruins.  I'm going to have to avoid going so deep undercover in the future.

So, has everyone made up now?

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA

President Bush

Quote from: The CommanderWow...I go away for a couple of months and the DIA falls into ruins.  I'm going to have to avoid going so deep undercover in the future.

The Commander
DIA

There are still all making fun of me, Commander. Could it be because behind my podium, I'm nekkid! I'm nekkid! Can't we all just get along? Sure I've made mistakes, even though I can't think of any right now. Maybe not invading North Korea. Do you think that is why they don't like me? Maybe if I invaded Sowaziland or East Burma or the North Pole. What do you think?

Heh heh heh.

"What I am against is quotas. I am against hard quotas, quotas they basically delineate based upon whatever. However they delineate, quotas, I think vulcanize society. So I don't know how that fits into what everybody else is saying, their relative positions, but that's my position.'' —George W. Bush, as quoted by Molly Ivins, the San Francisco Chronicle, Jan. 21, 2000

"God loves you, and I love you. And you can count on both of us as a powerful message that people who wonder about their future can hear."—Los Angeles, Calif., March 3, 2004

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: President Bush
Quote from: The CommanderWow...I go away for a couple of months and the DIA falls into ruins.  I'm going to have to avoid going so deep undercover in the future.

The Commander
DIA

There are still all making fun of me, Commander. Could it be because behind my podium, I'm nekkid! I'm nekkid! Can't we all just get along? Sure I've made mistakes, even though I can't think of any right now. Maybe not invading North Korea. Do you think that is why they don't like me? Maybe if I invaded Sowaziland or East Burma or the North Pole. What do you think?

Heh heh heh.

I tell you what, Mr. President. If you invade China, you have my vote.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

The Commander

There is nothing wrong with China that good swim couldn't cure.

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA

riff

This is a long thread, and I certainly can't be arsed to read it all, but this stood out to me as being particularly ironic:

Quote from: Tao JonesIt's called the Principia. You should read it sometime.

Also to be Discordian one must think for themself...
Here's where I've been, and where I probably am: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com.