Author Topic: ITT: Original Story Ideas  (Read 304457 times)

Rococo Modem Basilisk

• Deserved It
  • Now 30% more declassified!
    • View Profile
    • ALL HAIL LORD ENKI
Re: ITT: Original Story Ideas
« Reply #1680 on: November 25, 2020, 08:47:14 pm »
After a global nuclear war, a rag-tag group of clever survivors try to save themselves by using genetic engineering to try to gain admittance to the last remaining functional biome -- a nature preserve protected, managed, and defended by an AI.

I am not “full of hate” as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
    • ALL HAIL LORD ENKI
« Reply #1681 on: November 25, 2020, 08:47:32 pm »
Romance novel: a warrior is caught in a love triangle between his sentient talking sword (who feasts on the blood of his enemies) and his sentient talking kilt (who feeds on the semen of his friends).

I am not “full of hate” as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
    • ALL HAIL LORD ENKI
« Reply #1682 on: January 04, 2021, 03:13:23 pm »
The botched assassination of Marilyn Monroe, from the perspective of the assassin, a Mishima-esque japanese nationalist. This assassin hopes that, by killing Monroe, he will foment both a war with the United States and internal conflict within Japan, thus breaking the flows of cultural capital that favored the west. However, the assassination attempt follows the sequence of events that led to the death of Franz Ferdinand almost exactly, before switching to elements of the still-future Kennedy assassination -- connections he does not see. Ultimately, his rifle jams and he is unable to shoot until Monroe's car passes the view from the book depository, and he realizes that he's not actually trying to save an isolated Japan but to produce the suicide of a unified transpacific assemblage that already essentially exists.