News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

ITT: Original Story Ideas

Started by Cramulus, May 11, 2009, 09:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Quote from: Cainad on May 13, 2009, 09:23:42 PM
Quote from: Richter on May 13, 2009, 09:09:36 PM
Edit:  "Blood for the Blood God."

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that a friend of mine worked this exact phrase into his Philosophy midterm paper. The teacher gave no comment and he got a B+.
:lulz:
That's another idea in itself:  The antics, struggles, and victories of a college club devoted to missionary work in the name of laying more skulls before the throne of their lord.  "Campus Crusade for Khorne"
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cain

Quote from: Richter on May 13, 2009, 09:25:38 PM

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that a friend of mine worked this exact phrase into his Philosophy midterm paper. The teacher gave no comment and he got a B+.
That's another idea in itself:  The antics, struggles, and victories of a college club devoted to missionary work in the name of laying more skulls before the throne of their lord.  "Campus Crusade for Khorne"

Alternatively, this can be "Oil for the Oil God!"

Hint that it is a metaphor for the War on Terror outside of the work, but never actually suggest so within the work.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on May 13, 2009, 08:56:52 PM
Quote from: LMNO on May 13, 2009, 03:27:56 PM
Quote from: Cain on May 13, 2009, 03:20:46 PM
Furries try to save a forest by holding a Conservation-con there.

Evil corrupt corporate executives hire Christina Aguilera and Redman to drive them out.  And they do, in graphic detail.

Ok, this made me hot.  Of course.

Sequel: Conservative Furry terrorists attempt to assassinate President Obama.

Who does the O-man call, to deal with this problem?

Who do you think?  8)

Only if Obama and Redman doubleteam Xtina afterwards.

Cain

In the near dystopian future, politically motivated crime is considered a mental illness.  Our protagonist, a bitter expert on terrorism and aberrant psychology, and strong critic of the government, is imprisoned for meeting with terrorists (as part of his research, however the government and farcical legal system indict him as a co-conspirator).  Cue an ontological mystery set in a psych ward, where our protagonist attempts to outwit the guards, grind down the psychiatrists attempting to "cure" his "socio-political deviancy" and trying to not go insane as he is surrounded by less than sane people all day and drugged frequently.

I mentally drafted a few scenes of this while the hairdresser attempted to kill me.

LMNO

Cain

I was intending to make it very psychological and philosophical.  Questions about society, psychotherapy, terrorism, the relationship between the state, ideology and prison practices, madness etc  There is so much potential material for it in such a setting.

LMNO

As they say, write what you know...

Cait M. R.

Quote from: Cain on June 24, 2009, 06:05:20 PM
In the near dystopian future, politically motivated crime is considered a mental illness.  Our protagonist, a bitter expert on terrorism and aberrant psychology, and strong critic of the government, is imprisoned for meeting with terrorists (as part of his research, however the government and farcical legal system indict him as a co-conspirator).  Cue an ontological mystery set in a psych ward, where our protagonist attempts to outwit the guards, grind down the psychiatrists attempting to "cure" his "socio-political deviancy" and trying to not go insane as he is surrounded by less than sane people all day and drugged frequently.

I mentally drafted a few scenes of this while the hairdresser attempted to kill me.

I would like to read this.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Richter on May 13, 2009, 09:25:38 PM

Also, this same guy worked "skulls for the skull throne" into his final, but that was overshadowed by the fact that his whole paper was an analysis of the D&D 9 alignments system.

Kurt Christ

The second to last idea in Cram's OP reminded me of an idea I had- the story follows a young boy without any sort of psionic powers in a world where telepaths are the norm. He's seen as if he were blind or deaf, and has to learn to cope with everyone else knowing what he's thinking all the time.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

The Dark Monk

I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

Archduke Omni-Fap!

In the not-too-distant future, the decision is made to link parliamentary candidates to tabloid celebrities in an attempt to improve voter turnout. The corpses of Jade Goody and Princess Diana are exhumed and combined into a decaying grotesque by the Daily Mail's genetic research labs, and the resulting abomination seizes power with its horrible tentacles...

Eater of Clowns

Through a mystifying combination of mad science and ancient magic every old wives' tale becomes true.  Millions of masturbating young men grow hair on their palms and eventually turn blind.  Young children making faces find that, indeed, it becomes stuck that way.

I don't have time to elaborate any further right now.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

Kettles boil quicker when you don't watch them.  An apple a day physically repels doctors...whether you want to see one or not!

I think thats an awesome premise actually.  Very Terry Pratchett-esque.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Cain on July 13, 2009, 12:38:00 PM
Kettles boil quicker when you don't watch them.  An apple a day physically repels doctors...whether you want to see one or not!

I think thats an awesome premise actually.  Very Terry Pratchett-esque.

The bit about kettles has disturbing consequences for the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum physics.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.