News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

ITT: Original Story Ideas

Started by Cramulus, May 11, 2009, 09:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

In a world, where one man dared to dream, there was a boy, who could never get to sleep.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

In a world, where pets use computers, there is a dog, who's byte is worse than his bark.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

The Dark Side of Oz is actually a still-classified part of the now defunct MK-ULTRA system, with a generational release. The first generation has been (fairly grossly) programmed to merely subliminally brainwash their children and grandchildren, who (if they watch The Wizard of Oz while listening to the Dark Side of the Moon and smoking just the right strain of pot) will have latent behaviors triggered. However, the latent behaviors were actually decided upon by a visiting extraterrestrial ambassador, who liked it so much here that he disguised himself, became a permanent resident, and changed his name to David Bowie. Now, with the at-risk generation just discovering marijuana, Bowie must undo his past mistakes and prevent the latent programming from being triggered -- and to do this, he must uncover his true form, and allow his firey wings to sprout again.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Cain

Faust

Quote from: Phosphatidylserine on May 02, 2013, 11:51:09 AM
The Dark Side of Oz is actually a still-classified part of the now defunct MK-ULTRA system, with a generational release. The first generation has been (fairly grossly) programmed to merely subliminally brainwash their children and grandchildren, who (if they watch The Wizard of Oz while listening to the Dark Side of the Moon and smoking just the right strain of pot) will have latent behaviors triggered. However, the latent behaviors were actually decided upon by a visiting extraterrestrial ambassador, who liked it so much here that he disguised himself, became a permanent resident, and changed his name to David Bowie. Now, with the at-risk generation just discovering marijuana, Bowie must undo his past mistakes and prevent the latent programming from being triggered -- and to do this, he must uncover his true form, and allow his firey wings to sprout again.

You write it, I'll buy it.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

EK WAFFLR

:lulz:

I'd buy the SHIT out of that book.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Phosphatidylserine on May 02, 2013, 11:51:09 AM

:spittake:

PURE GENIUS!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Waffles, Viking Princess of Northern Belgium on May 02, 2013, 05:20:44 PM
:lulz:

I'd buy the SHIT out of that book.

That was going to be part of the backstory of a crazy conspiracy theorist fence guy in my cyberpunk novel that I stopped writing last year.

(He believes this to be true, and so he spends all his time hooked up to EEG machines in the back room of an abandoned warehouse, watching the wizard of oz on twelve large television screens, each at a different point in the film, on loops. He lives with his step-sister, whose parents were part of a transhumanist suicide/upload cult, and whose birth name is Cathryn Teleprompter. I stopped writing when I realized that their story was more interesting than the main plot.)

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

A deconstruction of the current semiotic signals for quirkiness -- Stepford Wives for the ukeleles-and-unicycles set.

Start off with standard romantic-dramedy setting, casting Michael Cera as the lead. Slowly warp the signals until it is clear that Michael Cera's character is in fact a remote control automaton created by some shady private organization as an agent-provacateur for infiltrating social groups, in order to insert advertisements into random conversations. Big reveal: the social group Robo-Cera is sent to infiltrate is in fact composed entirely of other automatons created by competing marketing firms.

Faust

Screenplay for a movie.

A semi biographical story about how Brian Blessed and luciano pavarotti were twins separated at birth. Then when this gag runs thin the rest is a plagiarism of the talented Mr Ripely.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Lenin McCarthy

An unsuspecting individual is arrested and brutally interrogated with questions about Georg Cantor for all eternity

Left

Short story:
A talented jazz musician is kidnapped and held captive
He is forced into making muzak 12 hours a day.

Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Lenin McCarthy on June 16, 2013, 12:11:08 AM
An unsuspecting individual is arrested and brutally interrogated with questions about Georg Cantor for all eternity
An unsuspecting individual is imprisoned until he proves or disproves the generalized continuity conjecture. He is not given a keyboard capable of typing aleph.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

A horror movie that keeps reversing itself and escalating.

For example, a crazy cult that controls some backwater village kidnaps a group of travelers intending to sacrifice them to ensure a good harvest, but the last victim manages to escape and goes on a vengeful killing spree, slaughtering every person that they come across and also spitefully making a point of burning the village's crops. He chases some villagers all the way to an abandoned ghost town several miles away where they take refuge in an abandoned research lab or military base or something and are turned into zombies by some forgotten experiment. They kill their pursuer and turn him into a zombie as well, then wander off in search or more prey; some wander back to the backwater village, some wind up in the other populated areas, and in any case a major zombie outbreak begins. This eventually forces the government to nuke the entire area, which of course wakes up some sleeping kaiju.... (and so forth)
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Pæs

If only people had listened to homoeopaths, the killings could have been averted. Water has a memory and it doesn't forgive easily.