News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

ITT: Original Story Ideas

Started by Cramulus, May 11, 2009, 09:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axod

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 05, 2015, 05:20:33 PM
Especially something that confirms the "not shedding skin cells" part because that's bullshit. Lack of visible aging can easily be explained by paralysis.
I don't know if this is it:
En.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatoli_Bugorski
just this

axod

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on February 03, 2015, 08:12:43 AM
A hippie dystopia. Everyone has achieved the top portion - but only the top portion - of Maslow's heirarchy of needs. All people have love and respect, but health and safety are lacking due to a combination of inefficient traditional farming techniques, habitually stoned safety inspectors, and homeopathy. Like a darker version of Le Trente-Huit Cunegonde.
Groovy - just listened to that, "the literature is in a tight pattern" :lulz:
just this

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: axod on February 05, 2015, 09:19:26 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 05, 2015, 05:20:33 PM
Especially something that confirms the "not shedding skin cells" part because that's bullshit. Lack of visible aging can easily be explained by paralysis.
I don't know if this is it:
En.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatoli_Bugorski

Oh, I found the story on the guy easily enough.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

axod

Scientist occasions next step in human evolution by virtue of freak protonic accelerator accident.  Beam enters scientist's head and activates/jump-starts the pineal gland, enabling it to directly metabolize light.  He then nourishes himself by looking momentarily at the sun, just when when it rises/sets.  His consciousness, however, is not yet ready to process the flood of revelation that consumes him every time he feeds.  Slowly, his mind dissolves into the light and he is once more born, now a Sun himself to all that was before.
just this

Pæs

A legal drama in which the first 3D printed human struggles to interpret legislation to determine who his birth parents are.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

A character in a tv show I'm watching claimed that "nobody dies in musicals", and that gave me this idea:

Sapient carnivorous plants rise up in rebellion against their amoral alien farmer masters, but are quickly cut down by the aliens' perfectly ordinary laser guns. (thus combining plot elements from Little Shop Of Horrors, Les Miserables, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show - three musicals in which lots of people die - into a completely new and original story.

EDIT:
If you can think of any way to unobtrusively work in elements from Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street or Rendezvous With RagNaRok I'd appreciate hearing it.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pæs on February 15, 2015, 06:54:31 AM
A legal drama in which the first 3D printed human struggles to interpret legislation to determine who his birth parents are.

:lulz:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on February 15, 2015, 07:30:13 AM
A character in a tv show I'm watching claimed that "nobody dies in musicals", and that gave me this idea:

Sapient carnivorous plants rise up in rebellion against their amoral alien farmer masters, but are quickly cut down by the aliens' perfectly ordinary laser guns. (thus combining plot elements from Little Shop Of Horrors, Les Miserables, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show - three musicals in which lots of people die - into a completely new and original story.

EDIT:
If you can think of any way to unobtrusively work in elements from Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street or Rendezvous With RagNaRok I'd appreciate hearing it.

Could you mix in bits of Rent?

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

None in Athens know his name. He has not spoken a single word since arriving. The Athenians know only that he is Spartan, atrociously rude even for a Spartan, and that he won't leave. They call him only Anomos, meaning unruly or often simply The Spartan.

He will show you just what you can go do with your philosophies.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on February 15, 2015, 01:32:55 PM

EDIT:

OK, adding Rent, Sweeny Todd, and Cats.

In low-rent housing in New York, sapient carnivorous plants rise up in rebellion against their amoral feline masters, but are quickly cut down by the cats' perfectly ordinary laser guns -- however, FIDS is reaching epidemic rates here, in part due to an (unbenownst to them) cannibalism problem, so it's a race against time to pick off the plants as the cats are picked off one by one either by the cannibalistic cat-shaver who makes them into kibble or by the disease itself.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on February 16, 2015, 02:02:24 PM
Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on February 15, 2015, 01:32:55 PM

EDIT:

OK, adding Rent, Sweeny Todd, and Cats.

In low-rent housing in New York, sapient carnivorous plants rise up in rebellion against their amoral feline masters, but are quickly cut down by the cats' perfectly ordinary laser guns -- however, FIDS is reaching epidemic rates here, in part due to an (unbenownst to them) cannibalism problem, so it's a race against time to pick off the plants as the cats are picked off one by one either by the cannibalistic cat-shaver who makes them into kibble or by the disease itself.

:lulz: Perfect.

Chelagoras The Boulder

I want a realityt show where we follow around otherkin. We make their wildest tumblr dreams a reality and then film the results.

Picture a transethnic white kid being given a studio apartment deep in the Bronx. Every morning a Hollywood makeup artist comes to put him in the highest quality blackface money can buy. They then send him out in to the world to live the life he was destined for!

Drop a wolf otherkin outside a known wolf den. He must live with the wolves and gain acceptance into the pack.

Both of these episodes would end with the subject running screaming into the night yelling "WHY DID I WANT THIS? WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY?!"
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

An alien cargo ship crash-lands on earth, containing a large number of relatively weak, docile aliens, all of whom are genetically identical. After a year or so, they learn a human language (and their language is decoded) and we discover that they were being cloned and bred as a food source -- they are the alien equivalent of bananas, except that they are sapient; they were genetically engineered to resist disease without changing their flavor because of several near-collapses of the monoculture. As they integrate into human society, splinter groups form and (inspired by human cultural artifacts) decide to free their brethren and take revenge against the culture that was breeding them. A handful infiltrate the facility where the crashed cargo craft is kept, but they are killed by base security, leading to widespread race riots in large cities between humans and the alien space bananas.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on February 18, 2015, 10:57:09 PM
An alien cargo ship crash-lands on earth, containing a large number of relatively weak, docile aliens, all of whom are genetically identical. After a year or so, they learn a human language (and their language is decoded) and we discover that they were being cloned and bred as a food source -- they are the alien equivalent of bananas, except that they are sapient; they were genetically engineered to resist disease without changing their flavor because of several near-collapses of the monoculture. As they integrate into human society, splinter groups form and (inspired by human cultural artifacts) decide to free their brethren and take revenge against the culture that was breeding them. A handful infiltrate the facility where the crashed cargo craft is kept, but they are killed by base security, leading to widespread race riots in large cities between humans and the alien space bananas.

Fuck yes this.