News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

ITT: Original Story Ideas

Started by Cramulus, May 11, 2009, 09:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on April 10, 2015, 02:19:05 AM
You know that show "Wheeler Dealers" where one loud incompetent British guy buys shitty cars and gets his goofy looking mechanic to fix them? That, but robot bodies instead of cars. And maybe not British.
What about just, like, broken and obsolete prosthetic limbs? But, like, bring one of the guys from the hot rod shows on. So, the prosthetic limbs are rebuilt and repainted with, like, flame decals and raygun-gothic-styling and built-in cigarette lighters and shit, then auctioned off for charity. "Pimp my arm"

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on April 10, 2015, 11:56:47 AM
You know that show "Wheeler Dealers" where one loud incompetent British guy buys shitty cars and gets his goofy looking mechanic to fix them? That, but robot bodies instead of cars. And maybe not British.
What about just, like, broken and obsolete prosthetic limbs? But, like, bring one of the guys from the hot rod shows on. So, the prosthetic limbs are rebuilt and repainted with, like, flame decals and raygun-gothic-styling and built-in cigarette lighters and shit, then auctioned off for charity. "Pimp my arm"

Relevant: http://www.ted.com/talks/scott_summit_beautiful_artificial_limbs

Prosthetics can't replicate the look and feel of lost limbs but they can carry a lot of personality. At TEDxCambridge, Scott Summit shows 3D-printed, individually designed prosthetic legs that are unabashedly artificial and completely personal — from macho to fabulous.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Reginald Ret on April 10, 2015, 01:26:58 PM
Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on April 10, 2015, 11:56:47 AM

Relevant: http://www.ted.com/talks/scott_summit_beautiful_artificial_limbs

Prosthetics can't replicate the look and feel of lost limbs but they can carry a lot of personality. At TEDxCambridge, Scott Summit shows 3D-printed, individually designed prosthetic legs that are unabashedly artificial and completely personal — from macho to fabulous.

EXACTLY!

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

An alien civilization accidentally and unknowingly invades the Earth when it's von-Neumann-machine-esque automated mining probes land on Earth and start mining it out and stripping developments of their component metals, the probes not having been programmed with the possibility of encountering an inhabited planet in mind. The aliens themselves are completely unaware of this as the mining probes are not designed to send back or record data.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

An alternate history in which the Axis powers won World War 2 because the Confederacy won the American Civil War and sided with the Nazis when World War 2 started

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Demolition Squid

Bartholomew, struggling under the weight of his student loan and a failing job market, turns to selling burned DVDs in pubs. His infringement into their territory sees him and his band of copyright-hating brothers embroiled in a vicious turf war with the japanese Yakuza.

Pirates vs Ninjas.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Demolition Squid on April 15, 2015, 09:14:57 AM
Bartholomew, struggling under the weight of his student loan and a failing job market, turns to selling burned DVDs in pubs. His infringement into their territory sees him and his band of copyright-hating brothers embroiled in a vicious turf war with the japanese Yakuza.

Pirates vs Ninjas.
:lulz: That was painfully bad! I would watch that movie.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Eater of Clowns

In the filming of Star Wars (1977) George Lucas subconsciously alluded to a series of gruesome murders he committed during film school. In subsequent decades he vehemently disavowed the original film in favor or recuts and enhanced editions that eliminated his coded confession. Painstaking fan made recreations of the original lead to a horrifying discovery.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

minuspace

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 18, 2015, 04:01:24 PM
In the filming of Star Wars (1977) George Lucas subconsciously alluded to a series of gruesome murders he committed during film school. In subsequent decades he vehemently disavowed the original film in favor or recuts and enhanced editions that eliminated his coded confession. Painstaking fan made recreations of the original lead to a horrifying discovery.
Bodies buried near ranch in Marin County - G.L. Determined to cover evidence with building projects:
http://crooksandliars.com/2015/04/george-lucas-cant-build-studio-so-hes

Rococo Modem Basilisk

While researching the philosopher's stone in the modern day, a researcher makes the discovery that it was actually made once, and finds the creator. He discovers that possession of the philosopher's stone turns you into a vampire -- because human free will is one of the many impurities that the philosopher's stone burns away, and the 'perfected being' is unable to behave unethically because he is unable to resist natural law (and thus is subject to only animalistic urges of hunger and lust). However, being a pure material, the philosopher's stone is pretty highly reactive to certain things -- it will combust with the air if catalyzed by light (being the metal of metals, it has a strong photoelectric effect), water, or certain classes of acidic fumes (such as those produced by chopping garlic or onions).

Junkenstein

Corruption and shady dealings at the worlds first cyborg olympics.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

A "biography" of BOB Dobbs or some similar discordiosubgenius figure stylistically parodying the Christian gospels; Written in the voice and idiom of the King James Bible and containing incidents such as BOB retreating into the desert for forty days during which time he stays at various Las Vegas resorts , BOB driving off demons and reconditioning them to harass scientologists, BOB driving proslytizers out of a shopping mall, opening the eyes of the blind with medicinal marijuana, feeding a multitude of 5000 people with Dominos pizzas that miraculously arrive late are thus free, turning water into urine, wine transfusions, yelling at trees, and finally BOB being scourged and crucified at a hardcore BDSM club.

EDIT:
A n incident similar to the "I bring not peace but a sword" line from Matthew 10:34 abruptly turns into a sales pitch for replica katanas

Rococo Modem Basilisk

An immortal precog accidental cult leader must struggle with knowing the fact that, no matter what he does, his cult will grow and win battles against its detractors, and despite all his attempts, he will never die.

axod

Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on April 22, 2015, 10:12:58 PM
An immortal precog accidental cult leader must struggle with knowing the fact that, no matter what he does, his cult will grow and win battles against its detractors, and despite all his attempts, he will never die.
:lulz: :lulz:
just this

minuspace

Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on April 21, 2015, 12:19:02 PM
While researching the philosopher's stone in the modern day, a researcher makes the discovery that it was actually made once, and finds the creator. He discovers that possession of the philosopher's stone turns you into a vampire -- because human free will is one of the many impurities that the philosopher's stone burns away, and the 'perfected being' is unable to behave unethically because he is unable to resist natural law (and thus is subject to only animalistic urges of hunger and lust). However, being a pure material, the philosopher's stone is pretty highly reactive to certain things -- it will combust with the air if catalyzed by light (being the metal of metals, it has a strong photoelectric effect), water, or certain classes of acidic fumes (such as those produced by chopping garlic or onions).
Okay, wait, how is the traditional behavior of Vampires coherent with the human understanding of Natural Law, if only that it presupposes providing for, instead of negating, free will?