Attempting to do something

Main Menu

ITT: Original Story Ideas

Started by Cramulus, May 11, 2009, 09:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Meunster on October 21, 2015, 06:01:10 AM
Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on October 20, 2015, 09:19:11 PM
A PUA group takes up the offer to rent a 'creepy remote cabin' from a poster on one of their messageboards; the poster claims that he will 'scare the pants off the chicks' by 'staging a demonic summoning'. These PUAs manage to net three sisters visiting nearby on spring break, and later on, discover they are underaged. The owner of the cabin actually summons a demon, and the demon kills all of the PUAs but leaves the girls untouched; it turns out that the girls were, in fact, the owners: the posting was a honey-trap and a means of finding people to sacrifice to Satan who the world could do without, in order to lift a curse on their family that for the past six hundred years has rendered them incapable of maturing past the physical age of sixteen.

forever 16?

That's some weak ass curse.

Forever a sixteen year old girl. Imagine 600 years of never being able to drink or fuck but being constantly ogled by older men. For the first 500 years, they're living in a society where women are not politically or economically independent but are instead an extension of their husband or father (and they are too young to get husbands but their father is long dead, along with the rest of their family). For most of this time, one way or another, they are not allowed to be legally employed. But, finally, they've passed into a time period when it sucks a lot less to be an adult woman, so they're more than ready to age up, even if it means killing a couple borderline-rapists.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

LMNO

A PUA group takes up the offer to rent a 'creepy remote cabin' from a poster on one of their messageboards; the poster claims that he will 'scare the pants off the chicks' by 'staging a demonic summoning'. These PUAs manage to net three sisters visiting nearby on spring break, and later on, discover they are underaged. The owner of the cabin actually summons a demon, and the demon kills all of the PUAs but leaves the girls untouched; it turns out that the girls were, in fact, the owners: the posting was a honey-trap and a means of finding people to sacrifice to Satan who the world could do without, in order to lift a curse on their family that for the past six hundred years has rendered them incapable of maturing past the physical age of sixteen.

forever 16?

Dude, I'm not sure you remember, but 16 sucked.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on October 21, 2015, 01:08:21 PM

forever 16?

600 years of the hormonal stew of living hell isn't weak, it's fucking EVIL.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

forever 16?

At least it's worse than the curses that turn you into a superbeing with all sorts of cool supernatural powers.

Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on October 21, 2015, 12:19:39 PM

forever 16?

Forever a sixteen year old girl. Imagine 600 years of never being able to drink or fuck but being constantly ogled by older men.

But they're not really sixteen. They just look it.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Meunster

Half the 16 year old girls at my school have fake id's
And it's not like in 600 years you couldn't amass a shit ton of money and control enough politics to do anything.
Poe's law ;)

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Meunster on October 21, 2015, 07:00:29 PM
And it's not like in 600 years you couldn't amass a shit ton of money and control enough politics to do anything.

How long can you get away with a fake ID when you never age? What happens when you should be thirty and still look sixteen?

LMNO

Incidentally, this is not original, it's Twilight.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: LMNO on October 21, 2015, 07:38:08 PM

In twilight, immortal teenage girls summon a demon to kill a bunch of pick up artists in order to free them of a curse?

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

minuspace

Travellers on the information super highway gradually notice that their interactions with other humans start to improve.  Eventually, all sign of conflict, both macro and micro, disappears.  Nobody seems to mind or even question the development, however, this is because they have been conditioned to do so.  The inter-tubes one day finally got fed-up of ever little opinion, comment and complaint leveled on it's platform, and did something about it, leveraging that information as an elaborate system of rewards and punishments to gain absolute control of humanir behavior.  Incidentally, it seems to like the "reality" confessional format best, to pit the uglier elements of our existence against the ones that we consider favorable, because it identifies as hermetic.

Cain

Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on October 21, 2015, 09:17:07 PM

In twilight, immortal teenage girls summon a demon to kill a bunch of pick up artists in order to free them of a curse?

Yes, but it happened while Bella was mooning over how amazing Edward is, so it's easy to miss.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Except for being developmentally arrested at 16, basically in the middle of cortical pruning, before most of the important decision-making and outcome-predicting parts of the frontal lobe have finished developing.

There's a reason teenagers are irresponsible, impulsive, and bad at making long-term decisions, and it's not merely lack of experience.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Yeah? By that standard, I should have a fraction of that money and control at 47.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on October 21, 2015, 01:08:21 PM

forever 16?

16 sucked so bad I can't remember how bad it was.

17, OTOH, was AWESOME.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on October 21, 2015, 09:17:07 PM

It had an ageless old person who took advantage of their agelessness to mack on people much younger than them. Basically the witches and the pick-up artists are both Edward.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Mesozoic Mister Nigel