News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

ITT: Original Story Ideas

Started by Cramulus, May 11, 2009, 09:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rococo Modem Basilisk

During the construction of a subway tunnel in Switzerland, a large cave system is discovered with evidence of recent construction, but the bolts are made of an unknown material and are of a strange shape. After some investigation by veteran spelunkers, they discover that contrary to current archaeological canon, the neanderthals never went extinct: instead, a community of more than ten thousand moved deep into this cave system and survived, creating a flourishing technological civilization. The Swiss make contact with this civilization & attempt to normalize relations, having an exchange of diplomats. WACKY HIJINKS ensue as the children of neanderthal diplomats attempt to integrate into the Swiss educational system despite having a primarily fungus-based diet, no experience with meat other than ritual funerary cannibalism (the only reasonable means of corpse disposal in a closed underground environment), no familiarity with the concept of cooking (since fires are dangerous, food is primarily prepared with pickling and other forms of fermentation), a matriarchal lottery-based government (with lottery-based culling of the population), and a technological landscape based primarily around the breeding and cultivation of fungus and bacteria colonies. This fish out of water story becomes a romantic comedy when the diplomat's daughter & heir to one of the most powerful neanderthal line falls into a FORBIDDEN LOVE with the daughter & scion of a major Swiss banking family, just as knock-on effects of Brexit & Brexit copycats are causing pressures that suggest that the Swiss banking industry is in danger.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

A self-proclaimed superhero has intense psychic powers only deep into psychedelic trips; as a result, he ends up performing on massive scales the small actions that very stoned people usually perform. Because of the danger of a bad trip, a superhero team forms (from slightly less powerful supwrheroes) who essentially trip-sit him once every few weeks and gently guide his power use so that he at least has some positive outcomes. This is played for comedy, but the stakes are very high: these guys are essentially sweet-talking a hallucinating god.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

A mashup of he wotks of J.R.R.Tolkien and Phillip K. Dick, in particular the VALIS trilogy and The Silmarillion entitled VALAR. The villain is a mashup of Belial, Morgoth, and Sauron who operates out of "Morangband" (a mashup of "Angband" and "Mordor" but also sindarin for "Black Iron Prison")
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Goddess Eris

In time, the Star Being would come to trust the six.

By using a small crystal to create images, the Visitor began to communicate with the young men. Calling him the Star Elder, the youths sat at the knee of their Friend, examining all of the crystalline images with great care, piecing together the incredible history of our Solar system and Mankind itself.

Star Elder's message was simple m Star Beings have been here since Earth was a barren rock. They were here when Man was created and have been here throughout his evolution. In some cases their involvement was benevolent, in some cases, it was not. Man has been guided...and he has been misled. The Star Beings have been our Gods...and our Devils.

They have always been here, and they are still here now.

When pressed to explain his presence on Earth, the "Star Elder" stunned the six. There was a war in the skies above, his ship had been downed by enemy forces!

I am called 'Morning Sky'... Robert Morning Sky.

My grandfather was one of the six young Indian rescuers. When I was young, my grandfather told me the story about his Star visitor. He and his friends called him 'Star Elder', a name given out of respect. But as time passed, his name was revealed to the youths. He was called... 'Bek'Ti'.

This is his story...and mine.

In the late sixties, I was enrolled at a University in a Religious Studies program. Towards the end of my studies, I submitted a paper that briefly summarized the history of Man and Earth as told by Bek'Ti. I titled the paper, 'TERRA, a Hidden History of Planet Earth'. I was sure it had presented & well researched and well documented work.

It was immediately labeled a work of outrageous, if not blasphemous, distortion of historical records and not of the caliber of a serious student of Religion. The TERRA PAPERS, the story of Bek'Ti, nearly got me thrown out of school.

In frustration, I approached a UFO organization and some UFO researchers reasonably confident that they would be most interested in my story. To my surprise, I was rejected offhand. I was advised by one researcher that UFO' s were quite clearly a phenomena of a technology and NOT the works of the mythical beings of primitive peoples. (Curiously, he is now a well-respected UFO author and has recently released a book on the ET/Native American connection.)

For thirty years, I have avoided telling the story. The initial response to my efforts was discouraging. But I have recently been persuaded to try again.

The history of Man and Earth presented by Bek'Ti is both exciting and frightening. The creation of Man and his place in the galaxy is made clear but in the process his nobility, and his pride, will be injured. The abduction phenomena and the attending grey beings are revealed to have been integral parts of Man's history but are explained against the framework of the purposes of the Star Beings for Mankind.

The sources of Man's religions and the origins of legendary figures like Zeus, the Minotaur, Osiris and Isis, and a number of other 'mythological' beings are explained and also placed into the framework of the History of Planet Earth.

And, so too, upcoming events can be predicted. Not from any psychic abilities or channeling, but from patterns of an on-going effort to direct Planet Earth.

Man will soon be surrounded with images of asteroids and falling fiery comets. Black pigs will be seen everywhere as will Angel figures. Dinosaurs will become children's heroes and violence will be the foundation of their play. New airborne diseases, immune to existing treatments, will surface. NASA will be rendered weak and impotent, if not terminated.

A galactic war of conquest rages over our heads...

Earth...and Man...is the prize.

This is my story...

This is my Grandfather's story ...and... this is the story of Bek'Ti.

GENESIS

The explosion rocked the Nothingness of the Void.

Primordial 'essence' was thrown violently outward. Like a primeval ocean, wave after wave crashed out into the black pit of the Void. Nothingness beheld Chaos, Chaos poured out into Nothingness.

As the primeval waters streamed outwards, rivers of dark 'essence' swirled together, forming huge whirlpools. As the whirlpools spun inwards, the 'essence' condensed into clouds of gas. Superheated from the compression forces in the core of the swirl, sparks ignited the volatile clouds. Explosion after explosion formed enormous balls of fire, supernovas of brilliant red and dwarf stars of blazing blue.

Like islands in the waters of 'essence', the stars formed from the swirls in the spinning galaxies. Time after time, the process was repeated in the Void... time after time, a galaxy was born.

In time, one of these galaxies would come to be known as 'ERIDANUS'. This is a history of one small part of ERIDANUS... and a tiny world known to us as EARTH.

ERIDANUS

In the swirling primordial 'waters' of ERIDANUS, many of the stars gave birth to worlds of their own.

From the gases and dust thrown out from the suns, the planets condensed and cooled. Elemental gases combined to form moisture, the rain fell to form oceans. Thunderstorms raged, the oceans tossed and turned, crashing on the shores of the surface lands. In the midst of the lightning and fury, a single spark flashed, creating in one micro-second a single cell of life.

Single celled life forms combined to create multi-celled creatures, multi-celled creatures became complex beings with billions of shells... fishes, insects, birds, reptiles, plants and mammals. As many different creatures as there are stars in the galaxy, came into existence.

And in time, 'Humanoids' evolved. Fish humanoids, bird humanoids, reptile humanoids, mammal humanoids and humanoids of every kind, became the consistent outcome of evolution.

As Primordial ERIDANUS MAN developed, his caves gave way to huts, gatherings of huts became settlements, settlements became cities. The trapping and hunting of animals gave way to fur trading, fur trading gave way to markets. Gathering gave birth to gardening, gardening yielded to farming.

The needs of ERIDANUS MAN became desires...desires became greed. Compassionate men became leaders, leaders became conquerors, and a 'primitive' world became 'civilized'. Differences of opinion became arguments, arguments became wars. Curiosity and necessity gave birth to technology.

Early ERIDANUS MAN had conquered his world.

And then ERIDANUS MAN looked up, up into the skies. And he saw his moon. He created ships to carry him skyward, and his conquest of the moon began. As he stood on the moon, as he surveyed the lunar cities, he looked up and saw the stars above him. Seeking more, he moved skyward again. This time neighboring worlds were discovered. ERIDANUS MAN conquered the environment of the new world, and the cycle began again.

And so it was that ERIDANUS MAN met his relatives in the galaxy.

ERIDANUS BIRD MAN met ERIDANUS MAMMAL MAN, ERIDANUS REPTILE MAN met ERIDANUS INSECT MAN, and an ERIDANUS REPTILE MAN greeted them all. The many evolved beings of the worlds of ERIDANUS gathered and talked. They traded, they danced, they shared and they joined together. In time, they learned from each other and they lived together.

And... they went to War.

Primitive ERIDANUS MAN had become a 'civilized' ERIDANUS MAN, primitive war gave way to the Science of War, Death in all its horror became a tool of Progress. Galactic kingdoms in ERIDANUS rose and fell, civilizations prospered and died. A continuous series of wars engulfed the entire galaxy.

No single Empire endured for long. None save one...

THE 'SSS' EMPIRE

In the galaxy of ERIDANUS, the way of things became war, violence and turbulence.

Surfacing above other races as the Supreme Masters of War, the 'SSS' Beings, (so-called because of the hissing sound they made as they spoke), weathered war and chaos to seize and retain a sizable portion of the Ninth Sector of the galaxy. Though originally ruled over by Kings of repute, it was under the 'SSS' Queens that the Empire was to reach its pinnacle. Known as the 'SSS-T', the Queens and their techniques of rule became the very embodiment of Royal power.

The very name for a throne, 'AST', would be chilling tribute to the deadliness of the reptilian Queens.

In a galaxy of chaos and war, the SSS beings had no peer or competition. Ruthless in command, and efficient in their cruelty, the SSS-T Queens were brilliant politicians and war strategists, using events to advantage and manipulating wars to their advantage and gain.

Providing the Royals with the power to conquer and reign over their foes was a powerful military force, unmatched and unequaled by any other. Comprised of tall imposing figures, the SSS Warriors were cold-blooded warriors with frightening dragon-like faces. Though evolution had long since removed their scale-like skins, the plates on the body armor gave an impression of fierce, dinosaur beings.

Only a long ridge of bone rising from the forehead and trailing back and over the head remained to hint at their reptilian ancestry. Known as the 'M-K' or 'M-G', the appearance of the SSS Warriors alone was enough to strike fear into an opponent's heart.

Countless wars over billions of years had taught the SSS Queens a vital lesson, an enemy or rebellious subject serves no purpose if executed. But if the brain was re-programmed, resistance was eliminated and an able body was added to the labor force. Mind control was the SSS-T Science of choice.

Referred to by other races as the 'ARI' or 'Masters', in time they would become known as the 'ARI' of 'AH' (Heaven), or the 'ARI-AN'. Today it is known as ORION.

But though it had become the epitome of power and might, a symbol of brutal rulership and unrelenting aggression, the fates would play a curious trick on ARI-AN.

In their quest for galactic power, the SSS-T Warriors had looted the Palace treasuries of their victimized worlds. The cultural riches of conquered worlds were placed on display in the museums of ARI-AN, making the Empire the center of Ninth Sector culture and wisdom.

ARI-AN became the showcase world for Poetry and Music, Art and Dance.

It was a step, however unknowing, for the evolution of temperance in the SSS-T psyche.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

During the Reagan administration the use of Voodoo Economics inadvertently turns many economists and businessmen into the living dead, creating a zombie apocalypse

EDIT:
Another idea:

The wotld is secretly controlled by two Skull-And-Bones-esque organizations modeled off of the fraternities from Animal House

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

axod

Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on November 05, 2016, 01:26:46 AM
A self-proclaimed superhero has intense psychic powers only deep into psychedelic trips; as a result, he ends up performing on massive scales the small actions that very stoned people usually perform. Because of the danger of a bad trip, a superhero team forms (from slightly less powerful supwrheroes) who essentially trip-sit him once every few weeks and gently guide his power use so that he at least has some positive outcomes. This is played for comedy, but the stakes are very high: these guys are essentially sweet-talking a hallucinating god.
I like.  And then there's always the unscrupulous gov. agency brain-scanning the guy and manipulating his surroundings (namely, with sound) to telemetrically guide his thoughts to their ends. For comedic effect, the formula demands that all their machinations back-fire.
just this

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on November 05, 2016, 06:46:57 PM
The wotld is secretly controlled by two Skull-And-Bones-esque organizations modeled off of the fraternities from Animal House

I don't think it counts as original if it's true ;)

Ziegejunge

Side note: I would read the shit out of that subterranean-cromag/Swiss-banker story, RMB!

Rococo Modem Basilisk

A stuntman is hired to stage a fake failed assassination attempt against a presidential candidate in order to boost his ratings. The stuntman gets promises that the campaign officials will let him "get away", but renege on the deal. The stunt succeeds, and the candidate wins the election; he's a fascistic figure and expands presidential powers. The stuntman manages to escape prison, and attempts to actually assassinate this president, now knowing that the "campaign officials" who hired him are actually CIA agents who were conspiring with the candidate to cause a coup.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

A science fiction series where the protagonist is a goofy overenthusiastic nerd with no common sense / sense of self-preservation, surrounded by people who are constantly trying to get him to shut up / save him from himself / get him to cut to the chase and tell them if the alien he's poking is dangerous.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Fictionalized retelling of yesterday's events focusing on the pact Trump must have made with mephistopheles to pull this off being enacted by serial demonic posession of voters

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on November 10, 2016, 02:06:46 AM
Fictionalized retelling of yesterday's events focusing on the pact Trump must have made with mephistopheles to pull this off being enacted by serial demonic posession of voters

Trump was elected via a pact with an egyptian frog demon. I unironically believe this.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 10, 2016, 04:51:23 AM

Trump was elected via a pact with an egyptian frog demon. I unironically believe this.

Heqet?

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on November 10, 2016, 06:52:45 AM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 10, 2016, 04:51:23 AM

Heqet?

Kek.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Conspiracy thriller wherein climate change denialism is a result of a conspiracy to eliminate the costal blue states

EDIT:
Another idea:

Parody of Jumanji wherein a cursed monopoly board transports its players to Atlantic City and/or Atlantic City to them, forcing them to deal with hurricanes, recessions, and Donald Trump

EDIT:
Another idea:
An evil sorcerer with the power to create zombies actually hits on the obvious idea of making minions out of luau pigs and thanksgiving turkeys

EDIT:
Another Idea:
Hundreds of years after humanity spreads to the stars the Earth has become a dingy backwater barely civilized by ste standards of the day and very poorly regarded, despite all of humanity having come from there.