News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

ITT: Original Story Ideas

Started by Cramulus, May 11, 2009, 09:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rococo Modem Basilisk

An analysis of the remains left behind by an apparent suicide bomber indicates that it was, in actuality, a remote-controlled mannequin on wheels under a burqua. The military responds by jamming all wireless within a half mile radius of any high-profile target, and switching over to only wired communications. Our story follows military tech contractors working in such a site, attempting to figure out what's going on when an attack occurs.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

A ten year old boy is kidnapped by the mob and his hands and feed cut off, as incentive for his massively indebted parents to pay off a loan shark. His parents, unable to pay, end up dying in an altercation with the mob in front of him, but a policeman barges in and saves him; shortly afterward, the building explodes, killing everyone inside. After he gets out of the hospital, the policeman (who is single, and old) adopts him, but he's killed in the line of duty a month later, pushing the child into the foster system. The child grows up with an obsessive idolization of policework & an obsessive distaste for organized crime. Early into his adulthood, he attempts to join the police force, but he is rejected on the grounds that he has no hands or legs; already extremely neurotic, this blow sends him into a persistent delusional state. With the help of a brilliant engineering student who has been obsessively stalking him (and in exchange for dating her), he is equipped with hooks on all his limbs, attached to a strength-amplifying hydraulic exoskeleton; he puts a halloween costume of a police officer on top of this, and becomes the vigilante Police Captain Hook. He travels by hanging by his hooks off whatever surfaces are available, fully believes himself to be a police officer with special dispensation to hunt down the mob due to his exemplary record, and hunts down and kills figures from organized crime, placing their severed heads on the police commisioner's front steps. (When he is in trouble, the engineer tends to blow up his enemies using remote control bombs, so he has a track record not befitting his actual experience or grasp on reality.)

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

What seems like direct first contact soon turns out to actually merely be contact with a derilect alien space probe which we manage to take control of and still learn a lot of things from
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

tyrannosaurus vex

An archaeologist stumbles upon a secret Nazi plot to steal the Ark of the Covenant in order to use its supernatural powers to win World War II.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: V3X on December 25, 2016, 04:49:02 PM
An archaeologist stumbles upon a secret Nazi plot to steal the Ark of the Covenant in order to use its supernatural powers to win World War II.
This sounds an awfully lot like The Mummy

Rococo Modem Basilisk

We make contact with an alien species who never had a spoken language -- they skipped directly from smell to writing. As a result, their writing system is abstract splotches of color on a 2d plane -- it's very spacial but not very temporal. The story is a mockumentary about the high burn-out rate of the human diplomatic translation team, composed of expert linguists who are also expert impressionist painters, who often undergo a novel kind of psychosis as a result of translating between english and this very inhuman language 40 hours a week.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

A mad scientist steals Lord Byron's collection of pubic hair clippings (which he took from each of his lovers, and filed) and secretly clones all of Lord Byron's lovers, out of a twisted kind of napoleon complex. After being busted, these clones are put up for adoption. Twenty years later, they coincidentally run into each other, and (not knowing their shared origin) they end up starting an influential art movement.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

A biblically accurate alternate ending to Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark where instead of having their faces melted off the villains instead suffer and die from the the ark's biblically attested curse of hemorrhoids and ass cancer

EDIT:
Another idea

Short skit or gag for use in a larger piece: God appears to someone in a dream, but keeps getting interrupted by weird dream characters. He eventually demands for "anyone who doesn't exist" to please leave. The miscellaneous dream characters all vanish but so does God.

EDIT:
Another idea(s):

*A man is exorcised of posession by a being of pure order through a ritual resembling the confuse-a-cat skit from Monty Python

*A short skit about a man who comes to church in an undershirt and with unwashed hair, citing Ecclesiastes 9:8 ("Let your garments be always white. Let not oil be lacking on your head.") when challenged.

EDIT:
More ideas:

*A comic-horror film about John Hinkley Jr's attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan in which the movie "Taxi Driver" is portrayed as a legitimately insanity-inducing cthulhu-mythos-type production, akin to 'The King in Yellow'

*A sci-fi in which John Hinkley Jr was actually a time traveling would be hero whose attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan was actually intended as a warmup prior to eventually going back and killing Hitler

EDIT
More ideas:

*a fantasy story that in some way involves gnomes who run a burusera shop, as that is obviously step 2

*a murder mystery where everyone saw who did it, but nob0dy can identify the victim

*a combination of Star Wars and The DaVinci Code with the skywalkers combined with the Neveus and Vader combined with Jesus. The title is "Vi Vobiscum"

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

LMNO

Not a story idea, but a story element:

Serial killer with hidden motivations has a knife with the following inscription engraved on the blade:

"Be the change you want to see."

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

*A modern qurst for the grail story in the vein of Indiana Jones 3, except with a slightly perverted protagonist searching for Jesus' shoes, described in the bible as being holier than John the Baptist

Rococo Modem Basilisk

A musical about a group of psychologists trying to figure out how to solve an epidemic of a bizzare psychosomatic illness that causes everyone in a small rural town to spontaneously break into song every time they feel strong emotions. One of the psychologists is tone-deaf, and his abnormally out-of-tune singing constitutes a source of comic relief.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

After a housing crisis, an eccentric billionaire former real estate developer buys up empty houses in Celebration, Florida, and offers them to homeless people from New York and Oakland, with a generous salary for as long as they stay there (along with an offer to pay any fines they might incur from the homeowner's association). His goal is to get back at Disney, because of a grudge held over from when he was a young man, by ruining their attempt at implementing a nostalgic and idealized past. However, by accident, he got a unique mix of people moving in: a former political radical / agitator with a degree in sociology, a refugee from the church of scientology, a couple former bohemian artists cut off by their families, and some other people with interesting and useful skills that a string of tragic accidents had previously prevented them from using. The pressure from the homeowner's association & from Disney itself bound them together and radicalized them, and from Celebration they constructed a new set of political ideas and plan revolution...

Freeky

Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on January 24, 2017, 12:12:05 AM
After a housing crisis, an eccentric billionaire former real estate developer buys up empty houses in Celebration, Florida, and offers them to homeless people from New York and Oakland, with a generous salary for as long as they stay there (along with an offer to pay any fines they might incur from the homeowner's association). His goal is to get back at Disney, because of a grudge held over from when he was a young man, by ruining their attempt at implementing a nostalgic and idealized past. However, by accident, he got a unique mix of people moving in: a former political radical / agitator with a degree in sociology, a refugee from the church of scientology, a couple former bohemian artists cut off by their families, and some other people with interesting and useful skills that a string of tragic accidents had previously prevented them from using. The pressure from the homeowner's association & from Disney itself bound them together and radicalized them, and from Celebration they constructed a new set of political ideas and plan revolution...

I would read this and buy tickets to the musical above it.

Salty

Comic book idea.

The Tales of the Evil Doctor Octaroon.

Dr. Octaroon (picture Nigel with crazy eyes, poofy hair, and a lab coat) is going to take over the world by forcing people to be tolerant, respectful, and considerate of others.

She is foiled by Captain Concern, a nice guy (typical white male hero look) who steps in and stops her every time.

In the first issue, Dr Octaroon creates a Perspective Ray. She can aim it at anyone in the world (it's in space?) and the first person they see that the most different then them forces them to see life from that other person's perspective. Have a bunch of panels with examples of this.

Captain Concern thinks this isn't quite right for reasons and tries to stop her. She uses her Pointed Fact and Reasonable Argument abilities (gained from a horrible science accident) and he is nearly beaten. But then he uses his power of Redlining to ruin her plans. Somehow.

The nice thing about this is you can just use a lot of stale comic tropes because, I think, parody really allows for that.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Freeky

That's awesome and I would read it.