News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

ITT: Original Story Ideas

Started by Cramulus, May 11, 2009, 09:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

Yes. And yes.

Shut the fuck up, dude.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: altered on July 01, 2020, 10:37:29 PMalso he has stated on multiple occasions that he thinks those Black people just want too much and need to shut the fuck up because racism is over.

What I said was that slavery and Jim Crow laws are over and they should focus on current problems like police brutality, wrongful convictions, uneven sentencing, and poverty instead of continuing to talk about slavery and Jim Crow laws as if they were something that was still going on.

Quote from: altered on July 01, 2020, 10:37:29 PMAlso, he's a sociopath, by his own admission, so you can't fix his stupid.

This is a complete lie.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

altered

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on July 02, 2020, 09:17:53 PM
Quote from: altered on July 01, 2020, 10:37:29 PMalso he has stated on multiple occasions that he thinks those Black people just want too much and need to shut the fuck up because racism is over.

What I said was that slavery and Jim Crow laws are over and they should focus on current problems like police brutality, wrongful convictions, uneven sentencing, and poverty instead of continuing to talk about slavery and Jim Crow laws as if they were something that was still going on.

Quote from: altered on July 01, 2020, 10:37:29 PMAlso, he's a sociopath, by his own admission, so you can't fix his stupid.

This is a complete lie.

THIS YOU???

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on March 15, 2019, 09:54:02 PM
BOTH sides have a victim mentality.

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on March 20, 2019, 01:17:22 AM
How ANY people feel. I don't care how ANY people feel.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

Get the fuck out of here if you're going to LIE to my FACE on THIS VERY FORUM like there isn't an EASILY ACCESSED record of all the stupid bullshit you've ever said, you intellectually dishonest little shitweasel.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: altered on July 02, 2020, 09:26:42 PM
Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on July 02, 2020, 09:17:53 PM

This is a complete lie.

THIS YOU???

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on March 15, 2019, 09:54:02 PM
BOTH sides have a victim mentality.

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on March 20, 2019, 01:17:22 AM
How ANY people feel. I don't care how ANY people feel.

I never said I don't care if people get hurt, just that I don't care if people get offended.

And both sides do both have a victim mentality. While the left addresses many many serious current problems it also frequently reaches beyond those to harp on problems that ended 55-155 years ago, and a tendency to get distracted from the important problems (such as people being beaten and killed by cops, climate change threatenig to kill us all, a lunatic in the oval office, etc.) by problems that aren't very important at all (like politically incorrect speech)

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

altered

I'll just let you bury yourself.

New folks, start from the post linked in my first quote and scroll down. He's a small, hideous man. Feel free to ask him to elaborate on various points. Do it in this thread so he can't pretend like he didn't see it, because normally he only posts here.

CNO, if you're looking for old fun to make into new fun, now's your chance.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Every time the left tries to do something important it gets co-opted by people who are more concerned about people getting their feelings hurt than they are about people getting their necks crushed. We need to keep our priorities straight if we're ever going to accomplish anything.

altered

I'll repost my greatest moment from that olden time a bit over a year ago...

Quote from: altered on March 19, 2019, 09:56:53 PM
Let's chop PDS's wank hand off then tell every doctor he can go to that that hand is his wank hand and he likes to spank it to deformed squirrels falling out of trees, so that his wank hand is impossible for him to replace with a prosthetic.

Let's get it put into law that PDS and his descendants can not replace a lost wank hand, because they're degenerates and can't be trusted with that power.

Then since he lacks one hand, even if it is his disgusting private time hand, he'll end up forced into working jobs where hand loss is common, since he's already gotten one to go missing, where's the harm, right?

His descendants will join the family business of chainsaw catching for loggers in the Amazon, and each of them will in turn lose their wank hands before they so much as get a chance to use them. It is illegal for them to replace them, so just as soon as they learn that maybe dear ol dad's career fucking sucks, they end up locked into it.

One hundred years from now, when all the perpetrators of this hilarity are long since dead, PDS would prefer we don't worry about the new, equality focused version of the law, whereby loss of wank hand is simply made illegal for everyone, and you must spend a token amount on a simple prosthetic.

Even though his kids can't afford it because they've all been catching chainsaws for peanuts in the tropical wilderness and had to spend their life savings getting the guinea worm and screwfly infestations dealt with, so they're unable to buy a prosthetic or even just make a new wank hand out of rusty wire, foam padding and duct tape, its not discriminatory anymore and everyone responsible for it is dead anyway so it's all just fine.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on July 02, 2020, 09:10:02 PM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on July 01, 2020, 11:31:58 PM
Often, he doesn't even have a plotline (as in the above).

Did L'Age D'Or have a plot? Did anything intelligible happen in the end part of 2001: A Space Odyssey after Bowman enters the monolith?

That's irrelevant.  The title of this thread is "Original Story Ideas".  You can't tell a story without a plot.  It's possible to make meaningful art without a plot, but you can't tell a story.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: altered on July 02, 2020, 10:26:30 PM
CNO, if you're looking for old fun to make into new fun, now's your chance.
I've interacted with PDS in the past.  It's amusing enough in the short term, but his comprehension issues presently render it tedious.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on July 02, 2020, 09:51:49 PM

I never said I don't care if people get hurt, just that I don't care if people get offended.

So you have failed at being civilized.

Noted.
Molon Lube

minuspace

A rewrite of Bob Lazar's take on element 115. instead of fueling anti-gravity inertial drives, it is actually the desiccant that's used by Trisolarians for long-term silo storage during chaotic orbital periods. Humans accidentally synthesized it while studying succulents in meso-America, the rest is WWII.

Hint: it's actually not that simple.

minuspace

Citizenship of "New America" is determined by results of a "test." The outcome is binary, pass/fail, and there is absolutely no way to effectively predict how individuals will perform. Technically, there is no rule preventing people from repeating the test. Those who fail, however, are rumored of being sent to some super exclusive resort for a weekend on the outskirts of Las Vegas. The only information we have about this place is that everyone and everything is colored white. A team of hackers tries to get information about it by infiltrating social engineers. The problem is that no one that fails the test is ever the same, that is, if they are even ever seen again. The only hacker that ever returned semi-intact was actually a spy: turns out "they" had replaced one of her retinas with a golden photovoltaic wafer that gathered intel on the splinter cell.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

A couple:

A stuntman, a makeup artist, & a stage magician start a detective agency

In the 70s, a radical disillusioned by the infiltration of the black power movement decides instead to study voodoo. She makes a deal with Papa Legba and Baron Samedi: go back in time to just after the emancipation proclaimation and ressurrect all deceased slaves as zombies to fight the confederates -- with their fighting power equivalent to the total labor enslaved africans have performed on north american soil. She becomes an important figure, courted by union officials, because (due to the increase in essentially-invulnerable-though-not-immortal manpower), she shortens the war substantially. She uses this position to make it clear that, if reconstruction is not managed in such a way that former slaves are given what they were promised, the powerful in the now-unified united states will be held responsible (by the armies of the living dead who are now defending black americans from groups like the KKK and Golden Circle) -- including the (now surviving) Lincoln. Although she cannot return to her own time, Legba shows her a vision of the 1970s in the timeline she has created: an advanced an equitable society, kept that way by the threat of the weight of history (and the massive remaining reserves of labor-power of former slaves).

A surgeon involved in cutting-edge life-extension research is killed in a hit-and-run, and his widow begins to have insomnia while grieving. She eventually starts a regimen of sleeping pills. She experiences increasing sonombalism and vivid nightmares, but is afraid that if she stops the sleeping pills, she won't sleep at all. Eventually, as a result of putting together clues, she goes into the basement, and finds that she has, in her sleep, created a remarkably lifelike replica of her late husband out of animal carcasses. The replica opens its eyes, turns to her, and says "I'm home".

In an anarcho-communist far future, a celebrity space janitor, famed for the craft and passion with which he cleans toilets, struggles with progressively worsening hand tremors that threaten his ability to continue to clean toilets while also coming to terms with the fact that the new generation of toilet-cleaning robots are finally doing a really good job.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

A spree of kidnappings of comatose patients is traced to an aristocrat who, at twenty, discovered that he could sustain eternal youth so long as a living human being was entombed in the coffin intended for him.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.